Non-resident AP

GlendaO

DIS Veteran
I'm probably missing something. But, I'm confused.

If I purchase a non-resident AP in October 2012 and use it in October 2012; does it expire October 2013 or does it expire December 31, 2012?

Thanks!

If you buy it and activate it in october 2012 it will expire in october 2013 one year later.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure. The website said 2012 benefits expire on Dec 31, 2012; just confused me :)

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure. The website said 2012 benefits expire on Dec 31, 2012; just confused me :)

They can change the benefits every year, but your pass is still valid to get you into the parks for one full year starting the day you activate it by going through the park gates.

That just means the additional perks could change, not that the pass will expire.

damo said:
They can change the benefits every year, but your pass is still valid to get you into the parks for one full year starting the day you activate it by going through the park gates.

So I could theoretically purchase it now, but it wouldn't start until the first time I used it? How does that work insofar as booking the hotel with the AP discount? Does the pass have to be activated first?

So I could theoretically purchase it now, but it wouldn't start until the first time I used it? How does that work insofar as booking the hotel with the AP discount? Does the pass have to be activated first?

Yes, you can purchase now. The activation date is when your year starts. You can book the hotel either online using the APH code or by calling. Your pass does not need to be activated to do this.

....But it does need to be activated before you check out of the hotel.

IE... You book using the APH code before activating (or even purchasing) your AP.

You check in on day one of your stay. Sleep.

Day 2 you go to the park the first time and activate your AP. You return to the hotel, show them your activated AP.

Day 3 check out and keep the AP rate for the entire stay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter