• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non refundable air - can you get a credit for reduced price?

holly7347

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We already did our air through air tran and our tickets are non-refundable. We paid $99 each way and now the same flight is $72 each way. For all of us it is a difference of $108. I'm guessing they wouldn't give me a credit for the difference would they?

Yes airtran does. Just got off the phone with them and now have $80 credit. :cool1: Just give them a call.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call when I get home from work and have the reservation number and other info in front of me.

AirTran will offer a credit toward a future flight for a price decrease for the number of seats they have remaining at the lower price when you call. So if you have 4 passengers and they only have 2 $72 seats you will only receive the credit for 2 passengers. So my suggestion would be to make the call ASAP before those fares are gone.

Will they really give you a credit without charging a change fee???

My parents bought their plane tix last week and the prices have changed drastically. They could get a $200 credit if they didn't have to pay any other fees!

I don't want to get my mom's hopes up if she can't get it. Plus, then, she'll know how much she could have saved if she'd waited a week! It's killing me to know and it's not even my money!

My parents bought their plane tix last week and the prices have changed drastically. They could get a $200 credit if they didn't have to pay any other fees!

I don't want to get my mom's hopes up if she can't get it. Plus, then, she'll know how much she could have saved if she'd waited a week! It's killing me to know and it's not even my money!

They really will. If they try to charge the $75 change fee, call back and speak to someone else. They may or may not charge a $10 phone fee. It's just the luck of draw on which CSR you get. I'd call right away before the price goes up again!

It depends on the airline
I fly SWA all the time and they will
It appears from this thread that airtran will
I believe most your your "legacy" carriers (american, continental, delta) will not
Also,, there may be different rules if you booked through an on line agency (orbitz, expedia, travelocity) then if you booked with the airline directly.

Good luck with your parents tickets

I called mom today and gave her the scoop. As I suspected, she started to get upset that she had bought the tix last weekend. I think her & dad were getting nervous with all of the crazy airline and oil stuff going on. I warned her that there might be a fee, but told her to just call and see.

She now has a $140 credit with Airtran!!!!!! :cool1:

Sounds like she originally paid a little less than I thought and the fares had gone up $20 this morning so the credit wasn't as much as it would have been last night, but $140 is still pretty impressive!

Does anyone know if AA does this? I was looking online & our non-refundable tickets have also drooped in price. Thought everyone was raising rates? :confused3

MOST airlines charge a 'change fee', even for simply a price drop, on non-refundable tickets. It generally ranges from $100 (e.g. JetBlue) to $150 (United, I think - if not yet, soon) per ticket.

I purchased tickets on United a couple weeks ago and the fare went down $40 per ticket. I called and they are sending me $160 in vouchers (4 tickets) for a future flight.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter