Non park table service suggestion for family

Busterbailey

Earning My Ears
Our ADR date is coming up and our family was looking for a suggestion for our dinner on the day of arrival. It is myself, wife, daughter (4) and son (18mo). We love trying new food and are adventurous eaters. We went to Sanaa on our last trip a couple years ago and loved it (the bread "appetizer"!) but were wondering if there was another restaurant to try this time. We have been thinking about 'Ohana, but have seen mixed reviews and have seen that a reservation might be hard to get. We will be going to MK the next day and are hoping to get Crystal Palace breakfast and Cinderella's for dinner the next day, so nothing too heavy. We will be on the deluxe dining plan, so not worried about pricing. Thanks in advance!

We did Boma on an arrival night one trip and really liked that. Gave us time to wander AKL and didn't have to worry about fitting it in on a park day. Even on an AK day, it's a bit of a pain. Might not fit well with not wanting something heavy though, depending on how much buffet self control you've got lol.

We really like Ohana for dinner and I highly recommend it. Park Fare is a character meal, but we've always really liked the food. Either way, you can always explore the resorts.

We really loved Boma, tons of delicious options! Buffet, so it can be as light or heavy as you like!

when my kids were younger (they are 5 and 9 now) we liked the character meals because characters kept them entertained and engaged. No characters meant eating as quickly as possible as my then 5 and 1 year old could not sit still long enough for us to eat. For that reason we ate at Chef Mickey's once every trip - by DS still loves it there!

My kids both enjoyed 1900 Park Fair (Grand Floridian), and that is something we usually would do on an arrival day or on a non-park day. They have Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step-mother and the step-sisters. Our younger one was 23 months last time we went, and he gave the step-sisters toy rings, and their antics were hilarious.

Another vote for Boma.
Haven't been there yet, but read great reviews on Sebastians.

We really enjoy Boma and the Wave for resort restaurants. The one thing we did when traveling with the kids at a younger age was go to Chef Mickey's this way we got pictures and autographs done right away and did not have to take time away from the parks. They come to you and some times can be easier than waiting in line with young children.

If you want something nicer I would consider the Wave.

if you want casual I would look into Beaches and Cream.

I would also consider Sebastian’s Bistro at Caribbean Beach.

Also lots of options in Disney Springs. We really enjoyed Homecomin and Raglan Road. Also had a great lunch at Morimotos.

An old favourite is Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

I like that you got recommendations for Sebastian's as that's on my bucket list :)

-Sebastian's Bistro - my new favorite non-signature. Absolutely delicious food, Caribbean inspired, and would give you a chance to check out Riviera and Caribbean Beach. Amazing food in a casual setting, very kid-friendly.
-Boma- as others have said, delicious, adventurous food and AKL is just fun to look around
-(if there before sunset) - Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge - great food, amazing views
-The Boathouse or Homecomin' at Disney Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter