Non-Park Days

Yes, definitely take the boat down to Disney Springs, check out the other resorts for lunch, etc. But, I really do encourage you to go off-property once or twice. There's so much in Orlando to see & do. Besides, sometimes it's easier to use your car to get around the resort, for example, if you want to see the Electrical Water Pageant, luau, Hoop-DeeDo, etc. Yes, you could take Disney transportation, which could take an hour, or you could drive in 15 minutes.
Which resort do you watch the electrical water pageant from?

Which resort do you watch the electrical water pageant from?
I haven't done it for many years, but I think it's 2 of the original hotels, like the Polynesian & Contemporary...? Someone will correct me! lol When I was going every year or more often, we always made a point of seeing or doing something new every time. The Electrical Water Pageant was this lovely little thing, like a hidden gem, just for the hardcore Disney fans. https://wdwnt.com/2022/03/electrica...sney-world-to-begin-at-815-starting-march-13/

Last edited:
Is this the first post 21 trip for your daughter and BF?
When mine went at age 22, they LOVED monorail crawl and trying drinks in Epcot. Mine also saved money for discovery cove and Ubered there. Then they used the free sea world tickets to Uber to Sea World and try the craft beer festival. They loved being 22 at WDW.

Is this the first post 21 trip for your daughter and BF?
When mine went at age 22, they LOVED monorail crawl and trying drinks in Epcot. Mine also saved money for discovery cove and Ubered there. Then they used the free sea world tickets to Uber to Sea World and try the craft beer festival. They loved being 22 at WDW.
Yes :) They have talked about drinking around the world at Epcot lol

For the character meal, I think Artist point is a good pick. Getting to WL on a non-park day is fun, the food is surprisingly good, and the character experience is great and not too baby-ish.

Also, the WL pool is GORGEOUS. I think it's in the pool hopping list, but it isn't that hard to get into.

We also love to hang out at AKL. At Boma we like to get an ADR when they open. Less crowded and then visit the animals and the gorgeous detail in the lobby.

Oops, hit send to soon. If you are going to spring for the Christmas Party, doing tat on a non park day gets you another evening in MK

For our non-park days, we hope to explore other hotels via water ( from SSR, DS area), like OKW, Port Orleans, etc. Loved doing the monorail resorts last trip (Geyser Point a lovely highlight) And the Skyliner resorts.
This year also considering Ubering over to Celebrations for a bit of exploring/bike riding/relaxing meal/dreaming. Anyone done this?!?

To add, resort activities, like making a tye dye tshirt. Go to Riviera and play the yard games. Try an enchanting extra tour. Rwnt a surrey bike at Boardwalk, carriage ride at Port Orleans, go visit all the horses at Ft. Wilderness, book Sanaa at AKL fit right when it opens for lunch, get s, take by the window, order the bread service. Go to the Poly Ave get there by 2pm. Put your name on fire Trader Sam's then hang it until your name is called. It is a great experience, and yes those unde 21 can go. Have a competition using Disney transportation. We were at Animal Kingdom Lodge and did guys versus girls to each could get to the Poly first going different ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter