Non-park adult activities?

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
7 women, no kids. Looking for things to do on Disney grounds but more geared towards adults? We've got a free day planned for our trip. So we've got all day, ie; lunch/dinner, shopping, shows/tours, pool bars/lounges. Any ideas?

7 women, no kids. Looking for things to do on Disney grounds but more geared towards adults? We've got a free day planned for our trip. So we've got all day, ie; lunch/dinner, shopping, shows/tours, pool bars/lounges. Any ideas?

Hmmmmmm. Many things to do. You say NON-Park but I will give you one idea that is a great Park thing to do. Explore Epcot's world showcase. Plan a lunch or dinner at one of the restaurants. I prefer Tokyo Dining for Sushi, Bistro de Paris for wonderful adult atmosphere and great french food, and Teppan Edo for Japanese steakhouse type atmosphere with yummy food. There are wonderful shops in there among all the countries. Mexico has the new Tequila bar. Drinking around the world at Epcot has become somewhat of an adult "must do" activity. . .lol.

Okay so outside of the parks, head to Downtown Disney for some fun shopping and great food. I can personally recommend the Fulton's Crab House and Portofino Inn Restaurants. For pool bars I like the ones at Animal Kingdom's Kidani Village pool, Boardwalk Inn's Clown Pool bar, and Port Orleans Riverside's Pool Bar.

In the evening, head to The Boardwalk and visit either Atlantic Dance Hall for some top 40 dance music via DJ or to Jellyrolls, a fun dueling piano bar.

There ya go. . .some adult stuff to do.

DTD Westside comes to mind :coffee: or the Boardwalk area?

any dvcers - love to visit the community hall and do their activities.

golf, swimming, boating, mini-golf, watching whatever sports event that is over at WWoS, tennis, basketball (okw, ssr), get a massage, go visit the gym, salon, walking along the paths at PO, OKW, SSR, FW, WL, BC/YC/BCV/BW (or around the lake).

what do you like to do?

also if someone has a car - then offsite shopping

www.lbvfs.com

most of the tours are in the parks - so don't know of any outside the parks.

lounge - like Polyn, CR, love BLT,

pools bar - like BWV, Pop, blt, Polyn

go over to FW and do their activites - they have that Segway and think they have bow lesson - for bows and arrows

Nurse Darcy has some really good suggestions especially drinking your way around the world while trying some of the local flavors, but, if you are set on NOT going into the parks why not spend part of the day resort hopping and trying some of their eateries and bars.
You could start the day at Kona's in the Poly after breakfast go out to the beach and relax for a bit in one of the hammocks or one of the bench swings while taking in the sights and serenity of the water and activities going on around you. Be sure to really check out the grounds at the Poly they are absolutely beautiful. After your time at the Poly you can walk the trail over to the Grand Floridian and spend some time in this luscious resort. After the GF take the Monorail over to the Contemporary and go to the California Grill for some drinks and Sushi and step out on the Northern observation deck to marvel at the view and sounds coming from the MK. This restaurant is wonderful and has the most awesome view in WDW.
Then you might load up and head to DTD and start on the East end where the Rain Forest Cafe is at try one of their Cheetah Rita's you can't go wrong. After that you can work your way to the West End stopping along the way at different locations to take in some more local flavors and wonderful shops don, forget Ghirardelli Chocolate they have free samples just for stopping in.
After an afternoon at DTD you could head back to the Contemporary and go back to the CG and watch the fireworks from the MK they actually pipe n the music to the observation deck there is not another spot in WDW to see the fireworks from like this. Then you could go to the Boardwalk and check out Jellyrolls or the Atlantic Dance hall and dance you little hearts out.
Just some ideas from another adult.......whatever you do
Have Fun!!!
pirate:pirate:

After an afternoon at DTD you could head back to the Contemporary and go back to the CG and watch the fireworks from the MK they actually pipe n the music to the observation deck there is not another spot in WDW to see the fireworks from like this. Then you could go to the Boardwalk and check out Jellyrolls or the Atlantic Dance hall and dance you little hearts out.
Just some ideas from another adult.......whatever you do
Have Fun!!!
pirate:pirate:

you have not seem BLT - their deck is much better than CG. Plus you don't have to pay - you can only see the fireworks at CG if you have a reservation for dinner.

:banana:

of course you must be a DVC member staying at BLT to use it - or guests of DVC member.

Ladies, I have 1 word for you.....SPA!!!!!!! I have been to GF but folks here rate SSR slightly better. Very relaxing and worth every cent!:cloud9:

Chilling by the pool is also very relaxing and many resorts have quiet pools in addition to the main pools.

Behind-the-scenes tours do involve parks but they are great. Some require park admission, but some do not.

Have a great trip!

If you are booking a package then you get 1 mini golf voucher so you could pay for the other person... we've enjoyed that..

we'll also go to Typhoon Lagoon, hit up the Marketplace shopping, or visit other DIsney hotels.

The Spas...I love a good spa day...I'm going solo this July and am planning on going to the spa at Saratoga and The Dolphin. I've been to the one at Saratoga and had a great time very relaxing. Also this time I decided to check out some non Disney stuff like the Orlando Museum.

For the evening how about going to LaNouba, the Cirque show at Downtown Disney.

House of Blues has some great acts. Check the web site to see who is playing while you're there. Usually after 10pm there is a live band in the dining room, free with dinner seating. Also closer to 6 or 7pm there is a live act out on the porch in front of the restaurant.

I am doing the Ft Wilderness Segway Tour with DH. Not sure if that's something 7 women want to do but if you like the outdoors it would be fun! No park admission is required.
We are also going to the Spa at Saratoga Springs. We've previously been to the one at the Dolphin resort and loved it.

There are several outlet malls nearby that provide wonderful shopping opportunities. I forget the exact names of the malls, but if you travel on Interstate-4 from Disney World towards downtown Orlando they will be on the right. I went twice on my most recent trip.

I second the person who mentioned the PO-R pool bar!

Also...guilty food (burgers/hot dogs/delicious sundaes) at Beaches & Cream

I also second the mention of the Saratoga Springs Spa. I've had two massages there and both were the best EVER

Jelly Rolls dueling pianos at the Boardwalk

Karaoke at Kimono's at the Swan

awe, you all are so sweet. . .I am working on my diet menu for next week and you are all talking about Menus. . ..luv ya

I am sure that there is plenty to keep you ladies entertained at the Disney resorts. I read that there is a "parasol promenade" that the maids at the Grand Floridian present to entertain the guests. I thought that I would like to see that someday. The animals at the Animal Kingdom Lodge would be an interesting sight of course. Check out the shows that are offered in the Disney resorts.

You might also consider going into downtown Orlando to explore your options there. I am sure that there would be good shopping and shows that would give you a break from Disney and ready to enjoy Disney again in a fresh state of mind.

DBF and I are new OKW'eners and we are having a kid free trip our first trip 'home'...one thing on my list of things to do is possibly horseback riding at Wilderness and renting bikes to tour the resort! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter