Non park activities in the BC area?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BC for the first time. Our flight in lands at 9am so we will have a good part of the day to enjoy the resort area. We want to get as much from the resort area as we can on this 1st day since on park days we generally open and close the park we are in. What activities would you recommend? We plan on swimming in SAB, of course. Possibly drinks from Hurricane Hanna's. Maybe going over to the Boardwalk Bakery for lunch since DH loves lobster rolls. Surrey bikes are out bc we are a family of five and it appears they hold a max of 4? What time does the " street entertainment" start along the BW? I love hearing how others plan their non park days.... So tell me what you do when you stay at Y&B Club!
Btw we are me, DH, ds22, ds17 and dd14.

You will be able to watch the fireworks from the bridge that evening. You could also eat at Beaches n Cream, maybe the kitchen sink? We would probably go to DTD as well that day.

We will be staying at BC for the first time. Our flight in lands at 9am so we will have a good part of the day to enjoy the resort area. We want to get as much from the resort area as we can on this 1st day since on park days we generally open and close the park we are in. What activities would you recommend? We plan on swimming in SAB, of course. Possibly drinks from Hurricane Hanna's. Maybe going over to the Boardwalk Bakery for lunch since DH loves lobster rolls. Surrey bikes are out bc we are a family of five and it appears they hold a max of 4? What time does the " street entertainment" start along the BW? I love hearing how others plan their non park days.... So tell me what you do when you stay at Y&B Club!
Btw we are me, DH, ds22, ds17 and dd14.

They also have a marina with little jet boats that rent by the hour. They only fit 4, so you would have to take turns. You can walk to Fantasia mini golf (behind Swan). Be sure to look for "Coney Island Chris" on the Boardwalk in the evening. Very funny little street act. Not sure on the times though. Boardwalk also has a couple midway games. I'd be surprised if you couldn't fill a day with fun stuff in that area. It might be fun to tour the other Epcot area resorts. Perhaps grab a drink?
Have a great time!!

Movies on the beach, fireworks, pedal bikes, the boardwalk area in general, touring all of the resorts BW/BC/YC/Swan and Dolphin.....

Could be wrong, but I thought they had some larger surrey bikes with three rows of seats that would hold six people.

I was at the Boardwalk last weekend, and didn't see those. Although I did see 2 rows plus a little bench on the front designed for little kids.

I'm subscribing to this thread since we also plan to have a "non-Park" day when we arrive. No children this time, itwill be our fist "Empty Nester" trip!

I'm subscribing to this thread since we also plan to have a "non-Park" day when we arrive. No children this time, itwill be our fist "Empty Nester" trip!

Me and DH just returned from our anniversary trip at Boardwalk. Only us grownups ;) We enjoyed walking around the resort areas and stopping in for a drink at the bars (there are ALOT of them at Epcot resort area). Jelly rolls is right there too!

We love to take a walk over to the Boardwalk and watch all of the performers. Just sitting on one of the benches people watching with a cold beer is good, too!

Go to Beaches N Cream at the BC and get the kitchen sink(ice cream) I will be more then enough for all 5 of you. They also have really good burgers for lunch not your typical WDW burgers. You could also go to the ESPN Club for lunch or dinner. You can go to DTD if you want to do something else that's free.

Lots of good stuff to do in that area. BW is our favorite place to stay. You can:
-rent surrey bikes on BW
-go to Beaches n Cream by BC for great ice cream or even the Kitchen Sink
-there's an arcade right next to Beaches and Cream which DS really enjoyed
-Fantasia mini golf is in the area - take boat to DHS - get off at Swan & Dolphin and walk to golf course.
-Evening boardwalk activities start around 6 or so...there's arcade games and street entertainers
-There's a pick a pearl stand by YC
-I hear Storm Along Bay pool at BC is great
Just stroll around to all 3 resorts and explore the gift shops and such...

If you have a car, or don't mind a short cab ride, the Bob Jackson Piano Show over at Port Orleans Riverside is great. Runs 4 nights per week I believe, starting at 9pm. Although it is great entertainment for adults, it is also very kid friendly. Very interactive entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter