Non itchy princess dresses

twinklestar22

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for any specific stores/websites which sell non-itchy princess dresses for my daughter who has sensory issues. The "velvety" kind is probably best. I found some online, but they are too small and my daughter wears a size 10-12. Any help would be appreciated.

Some people have had good luck with ETSY ( www.etsy.com ) and you can often get something custom made in the size or color you want if you can't find it already offered in someone's etsy shop.

I second etsy. With my DD I bought a regular princess dress and will put leggings and a cotton long sleeve top on underneath the dress.

I would suggest cotton leotard and tights underneath if not mid summer, or maybe some fancy cotton PJ's.

I second etsy. With my DD I bought a regular princess dress and will put leggings and a cotton long sleeve top on underneath the dress.

I put a cotton shirt and leggings/shorts under my daughter's dresses from the Disney Store/Park. She is generally okay if nothing is touching her skin. Otherwise the cotton dresses on Etsy are best.

Etsy for sure! They make them in cotton, so they are very functional!

I'm another one saying take a look at etsy. I'd like to get a few from there also.
Right now my daughter has a few of the scratchy princess dresses from Target. She wears them all year round. In the summer I put a short sleeve shirt and leggings under them and in the winter a long sleeved shirt and thicker leggings.

Hi, not sure if it's too late, but I bought my daughter a Mulan costume hoping it will not be itchy like all the others (that her twin sister wears EVERYDAY...and even sleeps in!! LOL). we shall see! THen again, she currently thinks she is spiderman so my efforts may be for naught!

good luck!

I believe the problem has been solved. I was able to find a Rapunzel dress at the Disney Store and took a chance. My daughter tried it on and said she could do it with a tank top underneath. However, the lower part of the arms on this dress are made completely of "itchy" tulle. I showed the dress to my mother, who said she can alter the sleeves and basically rip out the tulle. (I can't sew to save my life)! My daughter said it will be fine but I guess we'll have to see. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter