Non favorable rehire?

AngelNeedsMAGIC

Earning My Ears
I know a few people who were rehired, but I was curious of other stories. I was termed for leaving without notification, which led to me ultimately being fired. :( I left because of emergency family problems. I know it was no reason to just leave, however what is done is now done.

I was curious, have you been rehired by disney, what were you termed for?

I am wanting to do the Summer Alumni Program, and was just looking for more reasons to be optimistic.

Thanks!

I have favorable rehire status, so this story isn't personal. I had a roommate who was on her 6th or 8th CP (can't remember). She decided to leave her prior CP early without notice. They hired her back, but wouldn't let her work entertainment (her old area). She ended up doing it again and thinking she would be able to come back for another CP. Pretty sure they put their foot down that time.

The best thing for you to do is to talk to the recruiter and be honest with them about it. If it was for a family emergency and other than that you had a good record, I would think they would be at least somewhat understanding.

To my understanding, you CAN be rehired but you have to go through an interview whereas returning alumni with favorable rehire status do not. Anyone know if this is true? This is just how I understood it.

To my understanding, you CAN be rehired but you have to go through an interview whereas returning alumni with favorable rehire status do not. Anyone know if this is true? This is just how I understood it.

Right, it says anyone without a favorable rehire would have to be interviewed. I was just curious if anyone is going through this currently? Or if anyone has had a non favorable rehire, and been rehired.

Thanks for the input!
Gosh, I hope I get to go back!

Right, it says anyone without a favorable rehire would have to be interviewed. I was just curious if anyone is going through this currently? Or if anyone has had a non favorable rehire, and been rehired.

Thanks for the input!
Gosh, I hope I get to go back!

Best of luck to you! I hope you get in :) :goodvibes

Generally, anyone with a No Rehire status has to appeal it before the company will rehire them.

The Appeals process gives one the opportunity to explain why they feel they should have their status dropped.

On the other hand, the decision rendered is completely arbitrary and often has more to do with whether or not the Company is in need of the labour (definately not the case with WDW at the moment) than with the merits presented in the appeal

Generally, anyone with a No Rehire status has to appeal it before the company will rehire them.

The Appeals process gives one the opportunity to explain why they feel they should have their status dropped.

On the other hand, the decision rendered is completely arbitrary and often has more to do with whether or not the Company is in need of the labour (definately not the case with WDW at the moment) than with the merits presented in the appeal

True, that is kind of depressing :(
Thank you for your comment tho!

Hey Angel,

I am in your exact situation and was just wondering what you figured out. I left my CP a few weeks early for family/school reasons. My manager told me I would be "no-rehire" before I left. I deep down have always wanted to go back and work for WDW. Please let me know.

I left my CP about a week or two early for school reasons (and I was really homesick) and my manager didn't say anything about no re-hire status, she just said I would have to provide proof of 6 months of work before I could be rehired again... This was back in December of last year- then I applied to be Campus Rep in April of this year (only 4 months later) and I was hired with no problems... I am also doing the Spring 2010 CP and no one has said anything about it...:confused3

I guess it just depends on the situation...

I was FT and left without notice.. just stopped going to work. I got rehired for the PI that I am doing now. I just had to write some letter about why I did it and what I have learned from it and that I wouldn't do it again.

This is an ancient thread, but I'm curious if Angel ever got rehired and what the process was like....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter