Non-DVC resort first night

aero99

DVC Member
My son really wants to stay at the art of animation resort the so I've agreed to do that our first night of our next trip to VWL (especially since we are waitlisted for that night to begin with). What is the best way to book this so that the reservations are "linked." I really don't want two sets of bracelets. I would also like to use memory maker too.

Thanks for your help!

Can't comment on the "linked" part but you'll have two sets of MB's regardless assuming you have two reservations. I think we have something like 8 or so MB's now.

As long as your reservations are linked to your MDE account, you're magic bands are interchangeable. I had four reservations, thus four sets of bands, for my current trip. I was able to get four different colors so my wife and daughter can coordinate with their outfits or moods each day. But they'll all work to open the door or charge to the room once you're checked in.

You don't really link the two reservations as only two DVC reservations (cash or points) can be linked. But like others have stated your reservations should appear on your MDE account (or you can add the reservation number if needed). However, you will be sent two sets of MBs, one for each of your reservations. You can choose to only bring one MB for each person.

We had three different reservations in May and June and brought all three MBs for each of on the trip. I did that color coordinating thing with the MBs and my clothes. We did find that we could use any of the MBs at all of the resorts. However, we did need to open the door to the room with each MB in order to full activate them. At AKV-Jambo, DH had not opened the door with one of his bands and the next he could not get into the laundry room.

AoA has a couple of locked pools that requires your MB to enter them, so be sure to unlock the door to the room for each guest so you can get into the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter