Non DIsney Parent Gifts

tinkabella627

DIS Veteran
We are getting married at home and I have NO CLUE what to get anyone!!

Do we get a gift for his mother if she has not contributed at all? Because I always thought the gifts were thank you for helping with the wedding and our lives. (she is getting a wedding album)

Also, if we gave his dad a card that said we will be ordering an album for him, would that be ok?

Now my parents... have let us live there for free for 3 years and are paying for this whole wedding. We do not have a lot of money to spend and have no clue what to get them. I am ordering my mom a larger portrait after the wedding and I am getting my father a frame I saw with a poem about daddy's little girl.

Does anyone have any other suggestions NON Disney related?

We took our parents out for a meal (one set we did lunch, the other dinner, I believe) while we were down in FL for the wedding. It gave us some nice down time to talk about the wedding and to thank them.

We are getting a nice album made for both parents and one framed photo. I'm not getting any prints/albums from our photographer, just a disc with the pictures. I found this great site http://www.mpix.com (better than shutterfly IMO) that allows you to make professional albums with pretty reasonable prices.

I'm probably going to do something special for my mom since we are so close. It seems like you are in a bit of a predicament since your parents paid for everything. I would do something a little extra for your parents, maybe do the dinner as well.

well the problem with the dinner is we moved to TN recently and are getting married in NY. My parents will only be in Buffalo the day of the rehearsal and then up until we leave for our honeymoon. There really is no time for a dinner especially when my parents have their own plans (our whole family is there so they have alot of visiting to do). IDK I think my parents would be appreciative of a small gift and then a DVD from the videographer when that is all done and the larger framed picture.

We're also getting all 4 parents albums, photos, and for MiL I'm making a scrapbook.

My dad I'm getting an ipod with cartoons on them (he enjoys them)
We'll probally take in-laws out for a meal
my mother who isn't contributing or invited will just get the album.

we purchased crystal frames and had them engraved with our monogram and the date. we then included a note that we would include a photo from the wedding at a later date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter