Non-Disney, Disney Bride Gets Dessert Party!!!!

beachprincess23

Beautiful Belle
I'm super excited about this. I'm in love with our venue and everything about it, from our bridal party dinner, wedding, to post-wedding breakfast. They have been just amazing! We have been able to customize more than I could imagine.

The one thing I was sad about was not being able to have a dessert party at Disney as a welcome for our guests. You can't do this on Disney property unless you are staying there. We are having a wedding at a gorgeous hotel a mile outside of the gates. Us, and all our guests are staying at our wedding venue for our wedding weekend, not on Dis prop. We aren't moving to Disney property until a few days after the wedding. So, no disney dessert party.

Well, I talked to my venue about this and they informed me that they have a huge suite with open balconies on the very top floor where you can see the Epcot fireworks perfectly!!!! OMG! They showed me and it's like a dream!

Their dessert menu is also great, we have choc. fountains, cakes, cupcakes, etc.

Huge check and huge relief!!!!

Congrats that is terrrific! Nothing like a little Disney magic to brighten the big day!

We are also prob going to do an offsite ceremony but we are also planning to have a DP at Disney and our luncheon there. For me the two deal breakers are DP & MK shoot, so far I am ok with missing out on one but not both!

I think you have already told me where you are going to be, what was your venue?

Oh congrats!! That sounds wonderful for you and your guests!! That is great news for brides offsite too!

Because we are a small group, we're going to disney and doing fireworks in the evening after our VR- we're hoping for the Grand (can't book until June!)... and I can wear my dress:)

Also- for the other post- In terms of the MK shoot- depending on your dates, you might not be missing as much- I saw on another post the castle is under construction this fall to next spring- I can't remember your date though? I don't believe they are still doing honeymoon photoshoots at the MK unfortunately- for us, we really wanted epcot photos, which I know we can do as a honeymoon photoshoot, if that helps! There were some very beautiful engagement photos posted recently that sealed the deal for us! :)

Yeah I'm completely bummed about the MK castle construction!!!! It's taking place SMACK in the middle when we are going to be there; JAN 2010. Totally SUCKS but I guess there's nothing you can do about it, right?!

We just had a dessert party for my daughter at the Grand Floridian Marine. It was the most incredible memorable event! Karen (wedding planner) was in charge and it was honestly beyond words! Definitely do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter