• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

non-cruise winter vacation idea for DCL fans?

twinmum

DIS Veteran
Hello! We have loved our DCL cruises (Dream (2), Fantasy) and WDW/DL vacations (many, trust me!). But this winter, we need to look for an alternative (don't ask, has to do with family travelling with us). I hope it's okay to ask this question here.

So...does anyone have any ideas for non-cruise, non-theme park "get away from the snow" vacations for next March? A nice warm all-inclusive with Disney quallity customer service would be nice, a variety of things to so, great food a bonus. Florida or the Caribbean, I guess. Does it exist? Other ideas?

Our family includes teenaged twin boys, who will be 16 by then (yikes!), and one of them uses a wheelchair. This is why WDW and cruising work so well for us, lots for everyone to do. The more I write, I still can't believe we're looking for something else, but it is out of my control right now.

Thanks!

Aulani? It's not all-inclusive, but you could get the Disney touch in a warm climate in a gorgeous setting.

maybe post over on one of those other disboards which might have a bigger idea-base available.....i mean to say, there are a couple of other boards geared for social questions where your responses would be (probably) more voluminous

Have you considered Disney's Vero Beach? I don't think it's all-inclusive, and it's not going to be "tropical" but depending on where you are getting away from it could be a warm getaway with activities for multi-ages!

Enjoy your vacation!

There are lots of all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. Check out Costco or AAA sites they usually have some deals.

I don't know where you're from but the Quantum of the Seas is sailing out of Bayonne, NJ next March. Looks like an amazing ship!

Since having a day in San Juan while on a cruise in January, I plan to visit Puerto Rico for a longer visit. Just lovely.

Hello! We have loved our DCL cruises (Dream (2), Fantasy) and WDW/DL vacations (many, trust me!). But this winter, we need to look for an alternative (don't ask, has to do with family travelling with us). I hope it's okay to ask this question here.

So...does anyone have any ideas for non-cruise, non-theme park "get away from the snow" vacations for next March? A nice warm all-inclusive with Disney quallity customer service would be nice, a variety of things to so, great food a bonus. Florida or the Caribbean, I guess. Does it exist? Other ideas?

Our family includes teenaged twin boys, who will be 16 by then (yikes!), and one of them uses a wheelchair. This is why WDW and cruising work so well for us, lots for everyone to do. The more I write, I still can't believe we're looking for something else, but it is out of my control right now.

Thanks!

After two DCL Spring Break cruises in a row, we actually decided we were ready for something different in 2015. We have visited St. Maarten/St. Martin twice on cruises: once in 2002 (before our daughter was born) and again this past April. Both times we had such a great experience that we said we wanted to go back and stay for a week. We recently made plans with another family to rent a villa overlooking Orient Bay. The villa is gorgeous, has beautiful outdoor space with a big pool, and is walking distance to the beach. We plan to rent a minivan so we can visit other parts of the island and other beaches. There are a number of gorgeous beaches on both the Dutch and French sides of the island. We also plan to rent kayaks and paddle over to Pinel Island as well as take the ferry over to Anguilla. The cost of the villa is reasonable enough that we're going to bring in a private chef for 2 or 3 dinners. We are super excited about the trip!

If an all-inclusive resort will work better for you, you may want to look into Beaches. The one in Turks & Caicos gets great reviews. We considered it at one point but found it cost prohibitive. They will be opening a new Beaches resort in Barbados sometime in 2015. Barbados is another place we've visited while on a cruise and would love to return, so we'll be watching the progress closely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter