non-costume princess dresses

spel

Mouseketeer
My girls are reluctant to wear their princess costume dresses to MK because they are itchy & they get hot (esp. with a tee shirt or tank top on underneath). Does anyone have a suggestion for a non-costume princess dress? Like a tee shirt dress or sundress that has a princess picture on it or is the same pattern? My girls will be 4 and 6 1/2. Thanks!

Check out Etsy or our DisBoutiquers thread, we have many who sew custom princess theme dresses.

Are you looking to buy or easy sew? I made three for DD last trip (2 are still wearable and were used heavily for dressup) I used a blue pretty solid tee shirt with ruffly flowers at the neck for snow white- sewed on a yellow fabric skirt and white lace collar. I hemmed the skirt easily and prettily by using a plain straight stitch on top of yellow sequined ribbon. I sewed an apple button to the middle rose.
Aurora- same tee in pink. I found a pretty bright pink cotton fabric with a tone on tone print for the skirt and a light pink glittery cotton to make the pointed over skirt she has- mine was just a square. I have to look for pics.

If you sew (or like me can't but have a mom and MIL who can) you can get a pattern and make cotton princess outfits. We had Jasmine, Ariel, and Snow White. All three were adorable and she loved them. Cool too because of the light cotton, even with long skirt. Jasmine was cool because the top was like a tank I guess. And non itchy. Nothing beats a pictures of your daughter riding the magic carpets feeling like Jasmine or meeting Snow White dressed just like her

My girls are lil older 11/8/8. They like to wear TuTus instead of costumes. They wear them with tees or tanks and shorts underneath so they are super comfy and Oh So Girly! :cutie:

We also like the tutus with a cute Disney princess top. I find lots of adorable clothes at Target and Sams. I've also bought from Etsy and Ebay. We've also worn the itchy dresses over regular clothes for pics and stuffed it in the backpack during ride times.

My girls are lil older 11/8/8. They like to wear TuTus instead of costumes. They wear them with tees or tanks and shorts underneath so they are super comfy and Oh So Girly! :cutie:

Thanks for all the great ideas! My 6-year-old is claiming that princess dresses are too babyish! I'm crushed! So the tutu idea sounds great for her. Do you have any pics? I'm going to try a google & etsy search too. Thanks!

Are you looking to buy or easy sew? I made three for DD last trip (2 are still wearable and were used heavily for dressup) I used a blue pretty solid tee shirt with ruffly flowers at the neck for snow white- sewed on a yellow fabric skirt and white lace collar. I hemmed the skirt easily and prettily by using a plain straight stitch on top of yellow sequined ribbon. I sewed an apple button to the middle rose.
Aurora- same tee in pink. I found a pretty bright pink cotton fabric with a tone on tone print for the skirt and a light pink glittery cotton to make the pointed over skirt she has- mine was just a square. I have to look for pics.

sounds fantastic! Do you have any photos?

The Disney Store sells nightgowns that look like dresses. We have a few and they are very soft and comfy. We have actually worn them out (like to Disney on Ice) and I don't think they scream "NIGHTGOWN!!"

http://www.disneystore.com/rapunzel-nightgown-for-girls/mp/1309477/1000305/

Yes! My daughter wore the Merida nightgown to Disney because she hates the scratchy puffy costume dresses. The gown was light, adorable, and comfy:)

The Disney Store has them for around $30 bucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter