• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"NON" alcoholic beverages costs

DROCKS

Mouseketeer
I have cruised only once before, but not with Disney. On my last cruise, the ONLY free beverages were glasses of water and lemonade. Can someone help me to understand the non-alcoholic beverage policy of Disney Cruises? Thank You :)

All soda's are free (Coca Cola products), coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice and I thing grape or cranberry juice....the only drinks you will pay for is with alchohol or mixed drinks w/o (virgin pina colada's etc). The station's are self serve. I hope the pics below give u a better idea of the set up....

20110130_2069.jpg
[/IMG]

20110130_2067.jpg
[/IMG]

thought I'd throw in a pic of the icecream shop...(also free)

20110131_1505.jpg
[/IMG]

20110131_1289.jpg
[/IMG]

The only time you have to pay for a soda is if you order it from a bar and I think, room service. Any specialty coffee or smoothie drink,there's also a charge.

The only time you have to pay for a soda is if you order it from a bar and I think, room service. Any specialty coffee or smoothie drink,there's also a charge.

I remember once my husband going to the bar for a drink by the pool and the bartender gave him a coke (for my daughter) with a cherry in it at no charge. I do agree with the specialty coffee's and smoothies drinks and room service.

I hav read that at dinner you can also order a shirley temple, cherry coke, etc. for free. Basically if it involves a bartender (or canned soda, such as a root beer), then that is when they charge.

I remember once my husband going to the bar for a drink by the pool and the bartender gave him a coke (for my daughter) with a cherry in it at no charge. I do agree with the specialty coffee's and smoothies drinks and room service.

That's sweet :) A few weeks ago my husband stopped at the bar by the pool to get me a coke and the bartender told him he would have to pay for it if it came from the bar.

That's sweet :) A few weeks ago my husband stopped at the bar by the pool to get me a coke and the bartender told him he would have to pay for it if it came from the bar.

Yes, maybe he just had a bartender who was nice that day...then again that was more than a year ago on the Magic...things do change. Just like at dinner our waiter brought my husband extra lobster tails...the waiter said a big man can't eat just 1. Hmmmm, maybe it's my husband who attracts these nice people...:rotfl:

Do they have unsweetened ice tea?

Usually all they have is un-sweetened tea or the crappy "canned" Nestea stuff with lemons.

I only drink sweet Tea and can't do carbonated drinks. I am thinking of bringing an electric tea pot for my room to make my own.

An electric kettle will be confiscated. Saw a few people picking theirs up at the port when we got back.

Do they have unsweetened ice tea?

Yes, it's all unsweetened. At the MDR's, it's freshly brewed and quite good IMO.

From the drink stations, it's unsweetened nestea which is a little bitter so I grab a lemon or two for flavoring.

You can also make your own hot tea at the drink stations. At the MDR's, they will bring you hot water and a tray of tea bags from which you can choose your favorite.

I simply don't understand the whole sweet tea thing so I'm thankful that they don't serve the tea sweet. I guess they figure it's easier for a guest to dump a jar of sugar in the glass than to remove it.

I hav read that at dinner you can also order a shirley temple, cherry coke, etc. for free. Basically if it involves a bartender (or canned soda, such as a root beer), then that is when they charge.

Yes. They will bring your kids a shirly temple or cherry coke at no additional charge. They will fill it up with practically a whole jar of cherries and even bring a bowl of extra cherries if you want. Sugar overload for the kids!

I'm not a huge pop drinker so on our last cruise I would make myself Twinings black currant tea with a tea bag and then pour it over a cup of ice. Much better than Nestea.

Does anyone know what types of tea bags they offer at the drink station on the Dream?

Yes, it's all unsweetened. At the MDR's, it's freshly brewed and quite good IMO.

From the drink stations, it's unsweetened nestea which is a little bitter so I grab a lemon or two for flavoring.

You can also make your own hot tea at the drink stations. At the MDR's, they will bring you hot water and a tray of tea bags from which you can choose your favorite.

I simply don't understand the whole sweet tea thing so I'm thankful that they don't serve the tea sweet. I guess they figure it's easier for a guest to dump a jar of sugar in the glass than to remove it.

I think you have to be born and raised in the south to really understand sweet tea. (And it is never the same to add the sugar once it is already iced.)

We don't drink tea or coffee but we sometimes like hot chocolate. Would this be free?

I saw packets of "instant" hot chocolate at the drink station on the cruise I took on the Wonder in February. You can use the hot water at the drink station and the packets to make your own hot chocolate for free. Not 100% sure whether you can order hot chocolate in the restaurants or from room service because I have never done that but I imagine that you can.

Lots of great info....THANKS! Just curious though...if soda is included, why do so many people "carry-on" their own?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter