Noisy snackers at work

KristaTX

♥DIS Veteran♥
Chomp chomp munch munch slurp slurp smack smack smack choke. Oh good grief.

I now understand what so many of you have complained about on here before.

Headphones are on, and I have the volume turned up. And I keep looking for louder music to try and mask the sounds.

:scratchin Hmmmm... sounds like you are having a bad day. Sorry. By chance are you dieting? You would think with headphones on it would drown out the noise. Sure is inconsiderate if people are making that much noise though while snacking.

I have one guy down at the end of my row that clips his nails every morning...blech! :headache: I feel your pain. Hope you have Disney music going in those headphones! :thumbsup2

I had to see if I posted this. I complain EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to my DH about the noisy snackers at work. It's SO SO SO annoying to listen to people eating chips, nuts, sunflower seeds, carrots, etc. at their desks. The crunching is so so so awful. I have headphones I wear almost the whole 9 hours I am at work. I cannot stand to listen to people eat...

Stitchfans said:
:scratchin Hmmmm... sounds like you are having a bad day. Sorry. By chance are you dieting? You would think with headphones on it would drown out the noise. Sure is inconsiderate if people are making that much noise though while snacking.

Um, no. I'm not dieting. And I'm not having a bad day other than being disgusted by the noises. It's gross.

I share a small office with two other people. No cubicles even. It's close quarters in here.

At least he's not eating fish. Or clipping his nails!

Chomp chomp munch munch slurp slurp smack smack smack choke. Oh good grief.

I now understand what so many of you have complained about on here before.

Headphones are on, and I have the volume turned up. And I keep looking for louder music to try and mask the sounds.
Just wait until it starts manifesting itself in burps and farts! I had one coworker who would eat loudly, then burp loudly and then a while later fart loudly.

Oh, the fish in the microwave is the worst! One day this guy was microwaving his nasty fish frozen meal, then he hung out in the break room with his smelly food for five minutes longer picking out all the veggies and throwing them in the trash. :crazy2:

The crunching sounds don't bother me very much. But for some reason, the bag rustling drives me crazy (opening packages, reaching in, etc.) :rotfl2:

My coworker is eating chips right now and all I notice is the sound of the darn bag :lmao:

Ariel484 said:
I have one guy down at the end of my row that clips his nails every morning...blech! :headache: I feel your pain. Hope you have Disney music going in those headphones! :thumbsup2

That used to drive me nuts. A guy I worked with did it too. Seriously made me want to vomit. That noise makes me gag when done in inappropriate places.

2 years ago we were at AKL (we spent 2 nights) and we had a savanna view room, DS was napping and DH and I were just sitting out their watching the animals and then I heard "it" the man on the balcony above us was clipping his nails! Then he finished and told his kid to come get his done. Ugh.

OP I feel your pain.

The girl who sits in the cube across from me slurps her tea ALL.DAY.LONG. She knows she does it and actually makes jokes about it. No one laughs.

Most the people I work with I can make a smarty pants comment and they would laugh, but get the hint and totally not take it personally. With her I can't even figure out a way to nicely say something. She returned in June from LOA because she had a bit of a breakdown and you have to be a careful about what you say to her. I'm afraid that if I say anything she will go off the deep end (and I am not exaggrating)

how about the gum cracking...there is a girl 2 desks away and everyday she has her 2 sessions of gum cracking...one after breakfast and one after lunch...i just cringe everyday.

I have felt your pain. I've moved cubicles thank goodness but the person behind me at my old cubicle would eat at least 8 times a day. Smacking, slurping, loud crunching, grunting (yes, seriously), eating with her mouth open, burps. And it would always sound like she could not get the food in her mouth fast enough, so gross. Literally would hear her scraping the container for five minutes to get the last of it. And if she was not eating she was talking to someone about food.

Sometimes I was attacked later with a fart that she would try to cover by spraying this god awful body spray. Earbuds and scented lotion became my best friend.

I don't think she was so much eating food as having a honeymoon with it.:crazy2:

Solution: Ditch the headphones and play Mmm Bop as loudly as you feel you will be able to get away with. ;)

BETTER PLAN! Instead of Mmm Bop, play Peanut Butter Jelly Time. Then, if they say something, tell them that is your loud snack.

ooohhh, good googley yes !

Where I used to work we had a "strick" no food at desk policy. NONE at all, even dry food in the desk drawer.

And every dang day, all day long, you hear ppl trying to conceal it, and really it just sounds louder guys

Then I moved to another division of the same dept where 3 of us worked in a coat closet together and 1 of the ladies would sit there and eat all day long. It was really insane. On lunch break she would take a nap in her car, instead of eat lunch, because she was "just so full "

How the flip do ppl get stuff done ? well the lady above wasn't get stuff done, at all .

My DH hates the sound of chewing. The behavior may not actually be all that bad but if you are sensitive to it, its misery, or so he says. Every once in awhile DD or I will grab a crunchy snack and sometimes just to be snarky because he is so intolerant we will walk past him with our snack in one hand and hand him ear plugs with the other.

Its a tough call, I hate loud noise but I figure I have to find ways to cope. DH assumes that we should avoid the behavior since it annoys him. I am not sure what the answer is, perhaps settle somewhere in the middle.

I'm all the more thankful that I have my own office with a door I can close if I choose to.

There is someone who has a yogurt every day, in the next aisle of cubes. At 4:20. Work day ends at 4:30. REALLY - just go home and eat it.

He has to scrape, scrape, scrape the bottom of the container. EVERY DAY.

And - then he has to slam the spoon in his drawer.

(The next aisle is a different department - so I have no idea who does this.)

My workplace was noisy because it was a printing plant, so no gross personal noises. But just outside our partitioned workspace was the snack machine corner, coffee pot, fridge and microwave. I'm telling you, the smell of cheap microwave popcorn popping is gross, revolting, and 100 other bad words. That smell would linger for hours, it would stay in your nose, sometimes I would gag. I used to beg the snack machine vendor to quit stocking it. But no such luck. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter