noise question

TracyLilly

Devoted Disney Husband
Has anyone ever had problems with couples next door getting "friendly" at night?

While traveling as an adult never. But when I traveled with my parents in the room next to their room, yes. Enough said. All I can say is EWWWWW!!!!! I am nearly 40 and will never forget.

No, but our second cruise on the Magic we had three nights of listening to a baby cry for what seemed to be most of the night.

I do not recall ever hearing any noise from other staterooms on the Dream. I know for a fact we had kids in the adjoining cabin (we weren't traveling together though) and I never heard a peep, even through the door.

Never. Have heard other noises, kids melting down etc, but either we had two very quiet families this time (both with multiple kids) or the Dream is much quieter.

The one time we had a connecting cabin on the Magic yes we did! We did not know the people but according to their magnets on their door it was their honeymoon so they were making good use of it lol!

I have not personally but my friends cruising with us heard someone getting friendly in the room next to them. My guess is that it is not too common but does happen from time to time. I think from what PP's have said crying babies are probably more common.

No, but our second cruise on the Magic we had three nights of listening to a baby cry for what seemed to be most of the night.

I had a screaming baby next me on one cruise. The parents left it their while they went to the bar:eek:

Never. Have heard other noises, kids melting down etc, but either we had two very quiet families this time (both with multiple kids) or the Dream is much quieter.

Two years ago on the Magic the cabin next to us was occupied by a family, two kids, Mom and Dad. The father in the family was constantly screaming at his kids and wife. Someone in the room (I assume also the Dad) slammed drawers often, once so hard it bounced my head off the headboard in my cabin that I was leaning against.

And, I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure I heard one of kids get slapped very loudly across the face.

It was awful. :sad1:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how much "PRIVACY" does the curtain really give anyways?? I've usually heard it's like a shower curtain but thinner.. so if the kids are in there as well, is it not like you could even get "Friendly" if you wanted to? ;)

Thanks in advance for any replies!!:thumbsup2

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how much "PRIVACY" does the curtain really give anyways?? I've usually heard it's like a shower curtain but thinner.. so if the kids are in there as well, is it not like you could even get "Friendly" if you wanted to? ;)

The curtain gives zero privacy. It's basically just a curtain on a rod. Perhaps a little thicker than a shower curtain, but not much. On the Magic, the only time we ever used it is if the kids were sleeping and we still wanted to watch t.v. We would pull the curtain and then angle the television so it faced our portion of the room, effectively blocking most of the t.v. light from reaching their side.

I changed clothes in the bathroom.

I would say it depends on how much you enjoy the friendliness. Verandah is far more entertaining for those activities anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter