• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Noise level POP vs. POFQ

tinker&belle

DIS Veteran
I have only stayed at values, so I was wanting to know from someone who had stayed at values and mods. We have noticed it is easy to hear the toilets flush and the neighbors make noise in the value rooms (POP and ASMU). Is this the same in the mods?

I can't compare to a value but I can tell you that I was surprised at the noise level in POFQ. We were on the ground floor and you could definitely hear it when the people above us flushed! Noises as far as other people talking in their rooms and the TVs weren't noticeable and the toilet noise wasn't loud enough to wake me when I was sleeping.

I will concur that you can hear toilets flushing at POFQ. However, I must give the hotel props for not hearing other noises. We stayed right next door to my sisters' family and her two toddlers spent several nights shrieking and crying for hours......we did not hear a thing! Thank heavens!!!

I have stayed at both and yes the noise level at the POP was louder than at the POFQ. I don't think it made a huge difference. I enjoyed my stay at both and if you don't mind a little extra noise the POP is a great value resort.:)

I stayed at FQ last March during spring break when the hotel was booked to capacity. It was the quietest hotel at Disney I've ever stayed in...except for the mysteriously LOUD flushing toilets. I never heard talking, crying, or TV's through the walls...just toilets flushing. Maybe request a room on the third floor because the flushing noise always seemed to come from above.

We stayed at POFQ for our anniversary one year and were right at the end of the building near the stairs and we never heard a sound. My sons and I stayed at Pop in May - same room location at the end of a building near the stairs and I heard lots of noise, especially the outdoor "Twister" game 3 floors below, at all hours of the night.

Thanks for all the replys. We had some really loud neighbors at ASMU when we stayed there a few years ago. Our girls have enough trouble staying asleep once we get them asleep and I would like to set us up for as pleasant a stay as possible. I think this will probably push us up to a mod.

Thanks for all the replys. We had some really loud neighbors at ASMU when we stayed there a few years ago. Our girls have enough trouble staying asleep once we get them asleep and I would like to set us up for as pleasant a stay as possible. I think this will probably push us up to a mod.

Just be warned. Once you move up to a moderate, you'll never go back!!!!:)

I found POFQ quieter than the Pop in general. When we stayed there in 09 we had a corner room near the stairs and we never heard a sound. The room next to us was empty except for our last night there. We were on the top floor and we never heard a toilet flush.

Our stay this summer at Pop was fairly quiet also. The place was packed (July 4th holiday) and we were in the 80's/90's building and we didn't hear much of anything.

I have stayed about both POP and POFQ...I have to say that POFQ is much quieter overall. The crowds were lower. We had a room overlooking the pool and had no problem with the noise. We loved it and will never go back to a value.

That would be fine with me, hopefully DH will agree! ;)

In all seriousness, the values are fine, but we had loud neighbors in 2006 and when I went with friends to POP in 2008 as well. If we can stay somewhere quieter that would be nice. I think the mod rooms are a little bigger too if I remember correctly which should be nice with two little ones. Does anyone know when the refurb will be finished at POFQ?

I have to politely disagree rubato! My first several trips were at moderates and the last two have been at values! ;)

I haven't noticed a noise difference between the two and I'm a light sleeper!

However, we are only really in our rooms to sleep and shower so we now stay at a value for two weeks instead of a moderate for 8 or 9 days! It really depends on what your sleeping habits are, how often you will be in your room and what your preferences are. It's also worth it to reasearch the quieter rooms and request one of those. Have a great trip OP whatever you decide!! :yay:

Yes, I'd love to stay deluxe for two weeks but really the $$ isn't worth it to my family because we go commando and barely see our rooms!!! :wizard:

We have been as there as a rather noisy group ourselves each time so other noises don’t really bother us too much ;p

We usually stay moderate, but splurged on Wilderness Lodge a couple years ago, and guess what, you could hear the toilets flushing just as loud there too! (At least from the room we were in.)
So I guess loud toilet flushing is the great equalizer - something that all levels of luxury get to share! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter