Nobody Wants to Admit That McCain Blew It

I'm confused why an OS would care about a candidate being able to think on their feet - especially when BHO is the worst of all the candidates in regards to this talent. :confused3

The teleprompter is his friend. ;)

That, my friend, was a low blow. Obama may be skinny, but he's tough.

You were doing a such a great job of thinking and suppositions, but then you just had to throw in an "I know" in the last sentence.:lmao: :rotfl2:
To be fair, I think Mr. Meatball has pointed out one of my weaknesses. I'm so wrapped up in cogent reasoning that I often ignore unrelated thoughts that have no relationship to each other.

I think this just goes to show that political analysis sometimes has to include things that you know and things you don't know. Mr. Meatball champions things he doesn't know. I just want everyone to know that i think that's OK. People get so hung up on facts and evidence and valid arguments. There is a place in this debate for random things you just make up because you can't think of anything else to say.

The funny thing about all this is that how sad that the VP is getting more attention than the Republican Presidential Nominee!

Who cares anymore, if she had a press conference or not, does it really matter? Do you really need to know more about her if you are already voting for Mccain?

At least Joe Biden was running for President so if I am not mistaken he has been talking to the press and doing debates for at least a year. Plus he has been in politics for quite some time.

So when they have their debate (if you can call it that) on Friday we'll see what happens.

I am honestly more concerned about what Obama and Mccain have to say than Sarah or Joe.

To be fair, I think Mr. Meatball has pointed out one of my weaknesses. I'm so wrapped up in cogent reasoning that I often ignore unrelated thoughts that have no relationship to each other.

I think this just goes to show that political analysis sometimes has to include things that you know and things you don't know. Mr. Meatball champions things he doesn't know. I just want everyone to know that i think that's OK. People get so hung up on facts and evidence and valid arguments. There is a place in this debate for random things you just make up because you can't think of anything else to say.

Awww shucks, we'd all be lost without you to put us in our place.:thumbsup2 You stay golden, buddy.:goodvibes

OK, just so you won't keep repeating the same thing.

McCain offered to face Obama 10 times in a townhall meeting format where the candidates wouldn't debate - just answer questions from audience.

This is a format that McCain is very practiced at. So Obama made a counter offer that would include one townhall meeting, but would also include 2 debates in the formats used in the famous Lincoln-Douglas debate. These debate give time for each candidate to give a speech.

Surprise, this is the format that Obama does well at. So the McCain camp turned it down.

So you had two campaigns bargaining to face each other outside of the traditional 3 debates and neither side could agree on a format.

If you want to run down Obama for not accepting McCain's offer to meet, be my guest. But shouldn't you also run down McCain for not accepting Obama's offer to meet?

One standard anyone?

Are you even serious here dude? How does one exactly "practice" answering questions from an audience? Obama's good at giving a speech? Really? Guess what? Most 6 yr olds can memorize a speech and give it well. That's great that Obama can memorize a speech! Good for your side. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Shhhh, don't interupt cognant thinking.....
Ouch. An arrow to my often over-inflated ego.

I know I can be patronizing sometimes and if I have offended you I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to bring reason into this discussion. If there was any issue that could be properly examined by using this guy :confused3 or this guy :rotfl: or this guy :laughing: then it was the subject of Palin's suitability for office.

Let me try an argument many or you seem more comfortable with:
:scared1: :scared1: :banana: :confused3 :cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

There, how's that. How would Palin respond to that.

WOW.....I think some news organization should peruse these boards to see how truly Americans are willing to suspend disbelief in order to support a political party.

John McCain has had one of the worst couple of weeks a candidate has ever had. He is knee deep in this deregulation mess for 20 years, he and his advisers until last week thought the economy was strong. He simply is out of touch and looks older by the day

Ouch. An arrow to my often over-inflated ego.

I know I can be patronizing sometimes and if I have offended you I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to bring reason into this discussion. If there was any issue that could be properly examined by using this guy :confused3 or this guy :rotfl: or this guy :laughing: then it was the subject of Palin's suitability for office.

Let me try an argument many or you seem more comfortable with:
:scared1: :scared1: :banana: :confused3 :cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

There, how's that. How would Palin respond to that.

Eh, you took it too far when you pretended to be sorry.;) Really it's us poor slobs who should apologize to you for not living up to your expectations. Lower the bar a little more, and we can all exist in harmony.:grouphug:

WOW.....I think some news organization should peruse these boards to see how truly Americans are willing to suspend disbelief in order to support a political party.

John McCain has had one of the worst couple of weeks a candidate has ever had. He is knee deep in this deregulation mess for 20 years, he and his advisers until last week thought the economy was strong. He simply is out of touch and looks older by the day

I think you should email them with the link.:idea:

Are you even serious here dude? How does one exactly "practice" answering questions from an audience? Obama's good at giving a speech? Really? Guess what? Most 6 yr olds can memorize a speech and give it well. That's great that Obama can memorize a speech! Good for your side. :thumbsup2
The Lincoln/Douglas debate forum includes more that just speeches. It actually included debates between the candidates.

But I think you have a good point. I think Obama should have been more open to the townhall forum even if there were no actual debates in this forum. I think it bodes well if a candidate can answer questions and not just give memorized speeches.

What about Palin. Do you think it would be good for her to answer real questions too. Like maybe from people whose job it is to ask politicians questions?

I wonder when we are going to see the 6+ year old Palin?

It's Mrs. Meatball, MossMan. :lmao:

I'm confused why an OS would care about a candidate being able to think on their feet - especially when BHO is the worst of all the candidates in regards to this talent. :confused3

The teleprompter is his friend. ;)

That's patently untrue. I've seen Senator Obama speak in a town hall format. He did an amazing job. But go ahead and believe everything you hear on Rush. Don't let the truth get in your way.:confused3 ;)

Let me help, here's the link:
theliberalmediaisajoke@givemeabreak.com

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

This one is for you Mossman: :confused3

Obama memorizes speeches? I thought he was joined at the hip tp his teleprompter -- Boy can that guy read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter