• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

Congrats on the boy Sandra!

Andrea glad you finally gt PT started.

Lisa I'm so sorry your family s going through this. I Know that when all this red tape is sorted out the truth will prevail.

Judy I hope lisa is doing better, those sinus infections are nasty business. I hope Rachel continues to improve. My friend got a concussion months ago and she is still off work. At least 4 months now.

Thank you all for the prayers! The situation is a tragic one and, like courtneybelle;49531635, the justice system doesn't always work like it's supposed to. That's what scares us the most. Those who deserve to be in jail go free and those who have suffered and have no choice but to do something like this are the ones who usually go to jail. All we can do is trust in the Lord and know that He will protect my cousin.

I too have been praying since Judy shared she had a friend in need. I will continue to pray!! I can't even imagine the shock, sadness and fear that you all are feeling.

Hugs to you,

Madeline

Thank you! We are excited and can't wait to meet him!! But I can wait since I want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy since I know I'm done after this!!

Congratulations!!! pixiedust:

I can totally relate to being excited to meet the baby but want to savor the pregnancy too!!! :goodvibes

Hugs,

Madeline

Wow just saw your ticker 6 days!! :goodvibes

I hope that the vitamins give everyone an extra dose of good health during your trip!!!

Prayers and good thoughts to you that all the kids will feel good and that your family will have an awesome time!!!

Hugs,

Madeline

Thank you! It is an exciting time around here right now.

Congratulations!!! pixiedust:

I can totally relate to being excited to meet the baby but want to savor the pregnancy too!!! :goodvibes

Hugs,

Madeline

Thank you! I just want to enjoy it because part of me feels like this is it (and I'm fine with it). And I keep saying this is it too!! :rotfl2: My DH was telling me tonight 5's a good number!! :scared1: I just wanted to smack him!! Crazy man who get's to leave during the day and doesn't realize exactly how much I do during the day while he's gone!!

Judy-Rachel is beautiful!! Of course you already knew that:) It's so good to see her on stage again.

So glad that the med change helped Lisa. Praying she feels better soon. So glad to hear Pete and the boys are doing well. I hope you don't have anything that won't be gone soon brewing. Prayers that you all have a great trip!

For some reason I am not getting your updates. I recieve notification when someone else replies to your thread but not when you reply to it:scratchin

Hi Tonya, The DIS doesn't send me my updates half the time anymore...then it will send me 3 or 5 notifications of the SAME update...I have given up on it being reliable.:confused3

I have had a series of unfortunate events. Nothing tragic, just everything you touch not going "quite right". It is one reason I have hesitated sharing our plans here, not everyone is always happy for good fortune or happy news and I have learned some folks bring negative energy and I don't need that. :goodvibes I love the support and loyalty of my friends here and those who stick around longterm are true believers...Thank you. :flower3: We may not hear from everyone every day (or even every week) but I KNOW you are lifting us up!

I KNOW we will have a great trip, we are planning on taking things easy and doing things on our terms.

How is your Mom? My Dad has had some low blood counts, and the side effects that go along with that (prolonged nosebleeds, fatigue, etc). He has needed 4 pints of blood the past month and chemo has been delayed twice. The doc/nurses forget this is their first go round with things and forget to tell them what is "normal". My parents (mostly my Mom) forget I am a nurse, with years of oncology experience...to them, I am still a pre-teen girl :lmao:. My Mom told me last night she wished she would listen to me more....:rotfl2: ME TOO!

Popped in to tell you I am praying. :goodvibes
Thank you! :goodvibes

Andrea glad you finally gt PT started.

Lisa I'm so sorry your family s going through this. I Know that when all this red tape is sorted out the truth will prevail.

Judy I hope lisa is doing better, those sinus infections are nasty business. I hope Rachel continues to improve. My friend got a concussion months ago and she is still off work. At least 4 months now.

I think they cheated us on the amount of antibiotics, I should have enough till Tuesday night and I think we only have enough through Sunday night...I need to count things again, because typically they put her on 12 days as a general rule now, she took 6 weeks this summer...

I am so sorry about your friend! They told us it wasn't unusual for severe concussions to take 6 months to heal...brain injuries are one of the great unknowns and what they have discovered the past few years is that the cavalier attitude of past days didn't help anyone. Lisa's neuro told us she expected by Lisa's BD Rachel would be back to herself...that is in MARCH! We were hit by a drunk driver when David was 11 months old (he had a concussion) and I have always thought that had something to do with his troubles.

I pray YOU are feeling so much better and that things are getting settled down for you. :hug:

Wow just saw your ticker 6 days!! :goodvibes

I hope that the vitamins give everyone an extra dose of good health during your trip!!!

Prayers and good thoughts to you that all the kids will feel good and that your family will have an awesome time!!!

Hugs,

Madeline
I honestly can't believe next Saturday we will be in Florida! It makes my head spin! David and Rachel's bags are completely packed and I am working on Lisa's. Christian will do his own, with a general packing list of what not to forget...same for Pete. I will finish the med containers this weekend, but some things have to wait until the morning we leave, like Lisa's bi-pap. This week is full of "stuff" and MD appts...:scared: I love getting away, but it is hard. I know you understand.

I really appreciate your support, your prayers and your good wishes. And THANK YOU AGAN for my birthday Pixie Dust...you are such a sweetie to think of me and make my day brighter. :flower3:
Thank you! I just want to enjoy it because part of me feels like this is it (and I'm fine with it). And I keep saying this is it too!! :rotfl2: My DH was telling me tonight 5's a good number!! :scared1: I just wanted to smack him!! Crazy man who get's to leave during the day and doesn't realize exactly how much I do during the day while he's gone!!
Tell him you will discuss #5 after #4 is here...and only if he does al of the night feedings/changing. :rotfl2: Praying you feel well! :grouphug:

Judy I just popped in to catch up...I have been Mia however I just realiized you guys are going to Florida soon!!!! So excited for you and if any family deserves this it is you guys. Please enjoy and I hope all the crazy stresses in your life can be relieved a little while you are away.
I just have to also send a big prayer for Lisa and her family..can't imagine what they are going through.

Please take the time on your vacation to relax and enjoy your wonderful family ;)

I had to share, we had a "movie" night" last night! I didn't take any pics. I had saved the frozen pizzas for a celebratory night (Pam had sent us these, they were Yummy, Thank you again), made a huge salad and we watched an episode of the Twilight Zone..it was a fun, impromptu night!

Amy, Praying for all you have going on, please update when you can!

Has anybody seen Michelle P (miprender)?? I haven't seen her around, I know she FB more, but I miss her! :sad1::sad1:

Judy I just popped in to catch up...I have been Mia however I just realiized you guys are going to Florida soon!!!! So excited for you and if any family deserves this it is you guys. Please enjoy and I hope all the crazy stresses in your life can be relieved a little while you are away.
I just have to also send a big prayer for Lisa and her family..can't imagine what they are going through.

Please take the time on your vacation to relax and enjoy your wonderful family ;)

PATTI! Always good to see you here when you have time. :goodvibes Thank you for thinking of us, for letting me know you are here and for the great wishes!

Lisa, it is such a great comfort, to know so many are lifting you and the family. I am so glad you posted!

I am looking forward to de-stressing!! It will be such a relief and I appreciate your kind words. :flower3:

One more prayer request from a friend of ours from the DIS that I just received. Her child quite possibly/probably has Mito disease, undiagnosed for many years as they treated symptoms (I really relate to this). PLEASE lift her, the child and their family up in prayer.

Judy and all,

I have been reading all the posts. I pray every day for all of you with needs and for joy and peace for everyone who posts on here. Just know that you all have my love and more importantly, God's love.

I had to share, we had a "movie" night" last night! I didn't take any pics. I had saved the frozen pizzas for a celebratory night (Pam had sent us these, they were Yummy, Thank you again), made a huge salad and we watched an episode of the Twilight Zone..it was a fun, impromptu night!

What a neat idea!! How did you happen to find an episode of the Twilight Zone? :confused3 And are they scary? :confused3 :scared1: When we are in the Tower of Terror I get scared!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I'm thinking I saw an episode when I was young that I don't remember that freaked me out!! :rotfl2: Perfect night for the Pizza and so glad that Pam sent them your way.:goodvibes:thumbsup2

One more prayer request from a friend of ours from the DIS that I just received. Her child quite possibly/probably has Mito disease, undiagnosed for many years as they treated symptoms (I really relate to this). PLEASE lift her, the child and their family up in prayer.

Prayers for strength and health for the family and knowledge and inspiration for the doctors.

Tell him you will discuss #5 after #4 is here...and only if he does all of the night feedings/changing. :rotfl2: Praying you feel well! :grouphug:

LOL at this!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Hugs and prayers to all!!

Madeline

Tell him you will discuss #5 after #4 is here...and only if he does al of the night feedings/changing. :rotfl2: Praying you feel well! :grouphug:

I told him tonight when he brought it up again about having another one after this is "you carry it, change it, feed it, and stay home with it 24/7 then we can have another one" His response was I can't get pregnant. :rotfl2: I said Oh Darn I guess we're done after this then!!! :rotfl: I can be sooo mean at times.

But on another note WE MIGHT BE GOING TO WDW IN JUNE NEXT YEAR!!!!! DH and I were talking tonight about our 10th anniversary (May) again since yesterday it had been 10 years since we first met and he said he was thinking about how it would be fun to take a couple weeks and drive cross country with the kids (make a stop here and there on the way and back) and go to WDW!!!! Yes the driving part scares me because the longest car rides we've done so far are just to Disneyland and Oregon both are between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 hours depending on traffic and how many stops we have to make. So if anyone has done the drive from California to Florida with young kids and has any tips please let me know!!

Oh no, prayers heading their way.

Judy hope your all on the mend and I can't wait to hear about all the fun things (and just family time) your able to have on this trip!!

Judy, Glad you had a chance to have another movie night. Your trip is almost here! :thumbsup2

Had a long day yesterday but delivered my aunt and uncle to my cousin's place and picked up my sister at the airport. On our drive home, there was an accident and they closed off the freeway. So we had a scenic drive through several towns before getting back on the freeway. We followed other cars at first since we don't know the area and so glad to have the GPS too. Made it home and we were all tired.

Prayers for all the needs and especially your friend and her child with mito! Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

P.S. A package will be sent off tomorrow to get to you before your trip!

Judy and all,

I have been reading all the posts. I pray every day for all of you with needs and for joy and peace for everyone who posts on here. Just know that you all have my love and more importantly, God's love.
PIPER!!!!! It is so good to see you, I have missed you! How are you feeling? I admit, I do get concerned when we don't hear from you for a while. Praying all is well and Thank You for your kind words. We love you too!
What a neat idea!! How did you happen to find an episode of the Twilight Zone? :confused3 And are they scary? :confused3 :scared1: When we are in the Tower of Terror I get scared!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I'm thinking I saw an episode when I was young that I don't remember that freaked me out!! :rotfl2: Perfect night for the Pizza and so glad that Pam sent them your way.:goodvibes:thumbsup2
Prayers for strength and health for the family and knowledge and inspiration for the doctors.

LOL at this!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Hugs and prayers to all!!

Madeline
Oh we LOVE the Twilight Zone. They truly aren't scary, just a little weird. We all love them, they are very "clean" and most aren't too scary.I bet you saw the Talking Tina episode with Telly Savalas called "Living Doll". That one is enough to scare anybody! I am careful which ones we watch with Lisa, because she is younger and there are a few freaky ones. TOT is one of my favorite rides, just love it!

Many years ago I gave Pete the complete collection for our Anniversary, that I picked up on Amazon for a steal. They also have it on Netflix. It is perfect because most of the episodes are only 23 minutes long, so if we don
't have time for an entire movie we can watch one together(or two). My least favorite are the space ones; however, I think I know most of them by heart, lol. We used to watch an episode or two while having lunch before Christian headed back to college. It was quick, fun and gave us a bonding time before he left.

Thank you for all of your prayers, support and love! :love:

Yes, if Men did what we do, there would be far fewer babes in the world! :lmao:

I told him tonight when he brought it up again about having another one after this is "you carry it, change it, feed it, and stay home with it 24/7 then we can have another one" His response was I can't get pregnant. :rotfl2: I said Oh Darn I guess we're done after this then!!! :rotfl: I can be sooo mean at times.

But on another note WE MIGHT BE GOING TO WDW IN JUNE NEXT YEAR!!!!! DH and I were talking tonight about our 10th anniversary (May) again since yesterday it had been 10 years since we first met and he said he was thinking about how it would be fun to take a couple weeks and drive cross country with the kids (make a stop here and there on the way and back) and go to WDW!!!! Yes the driving part scares me because the longest car rides we've done so far are just to Disneyland and Oregon both are between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 hours depending on traffic and how many stops we have to make. So if anyone has done the drive from California to Florida with young kids and has any tips please let me know!!

Oh no, prayers heading their way.

Judy hope your all on the mend and I can't wait to hear about all the fun things (and just family time) your able to have on this trip!!

Love it Sandra! I LOVED being pregnant in spite of my many difficult issues and I KNEW when I was pregnant with Lisa that my four were the four God had promised and that was it. Savored it all the more!

No tips on driving that far with little ones, other than take lots of things to keep them busy and many rests/breaks along the way! Make an adventure of it!

We took Rachel to WDW when she was 3 months old (my first trip there EVER) and I was hooked! I really think it all depends on how well your children travel and you know how they do in a car for long stretches. And of course you are planning a day or two in Charlotte, right? :love:

I have not been feeling well so I could use an extra dose of prayers, but mostly for the girls...nothing horrible, just the same "stuff".

Prayers for all who are reading and lurking. :goodvibes

Judy, Glad you had a chance to have another movie night. Your trip is almost here! :thumbsup2

Had a long day yesterday but delivered my aunt and uncle to my cousin's place and picked up my sister at the airport. On our drive home, there was an accident and they closed off the freeway. So we had a scenic drive through several towns before getting back on the freeway. We followed other cars at first since we don't know the area and so glad to have the GPS too. Made it home and we were all tired.

Prayers for all the needs and especially your friend and her child with mito! Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

P.S. A package will be sent off tomorrow to get to you before your trip!

Oh Gail, You always spoil us, Thank you!

I honestly can't believe next week this time we will be in Florida! Praying for health, good weather and safe travels!

I am sorry to hear yesterday was so eventful traffic wise and with the wrecks. Thrilled you made it home in one piece and now your sister is there, it won't seem so empty with your aunt and uncle gone. I KNOW Tiffy will be ecstatic! I am sorry it was such a long and difficult journey to get there though! I LOVE my Gypsy (GPS). I got her with reward points for a panel I belonged to at Best Buy...cost me 19 cents in the end. Best money I ever spent!

Enjoy your day, I hope it is peaceful and happy! Hugs to all of you and enjoy your sister! :hug::love::goodvibes:hug:

Judy, I can't believe your trip is coming so soon!!!! I really hope all your "not quite rights" settle out and your trip is fabulous!!!!

The deployment jinx recently came out of hiding so life has been interesting. Nothing major. Family sep pay still not showing up yet even though they started taking BAS right away, a key broke in the ignition as I tried to turn the air on while buckling K in at a parking lot -- THAT was interesting! And just a bit more drama than usual in my life, some from unexpected avenues. I let it get to me more than I should.

Thinking of you always!!! Have a marvelous birthday trip!!!

Praying for healing for all the big and little stuff. I can't believe it is almost time for your trip. I will pray everybody stays well for your well deserved trip. I know you are all excited. I am excited for you. We are leaving in 25 days to Disney for a long weekend mini trip. I wish we could be there at the same time. I would love to meet you and your sweet family in person.

Hi Judy. Popping in to say hello. Good thoughts and prayers for a really good week for everyone.

JJ has had 3 really good days!

blessedmom4 said:
Oh Rachel, You KNOW you have my prayers and asking God to give you peace and safe travels. I am so excited for your trip, I can't believe we barely miss each other! One of these days! I hope you do a TR so I can see pics (or at least post some over here). :yay:

Thank you Judy! I know I am bummed we will miss each other. One of these days we will meet. I am bad about TR but I will post some when we get home. Praying you for all and prayers for your family to have a safe journey as well.

blessedmom4 said:

Praying for them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Prayers for all that are in need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter