Nobody EXPECTS the Spanish Reposition!!! Taking the Magic Back to the Med 4/10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post when you can... it will be updated as we get info... :thumbsup2

Shots around the ship?
Edwardian Tea?
Lanyards??
Secret Mickeys?

I am still fairly new to DCL - only one cruise under our belt and we only had an FE. Please tell me about all these things! The only lanyard thing I know about is when I bought one to hold my KTTW card! :)

I can't help with Shots around the Ship or the Edwardian Tea as they are new to me as well, but I am familiar with the other two.

On some of the bigger DIS cruises, special lanyards are made. We had them for the September 1st Special Cruise on the Magic. They had the name of our cruise meet thread and the dates on the actual lanyard and then we had some artwork with our names (both forum and real name) in the little plastic wallet. A number of people did get together and it was their present to everybody on the thread. This meant that we would instantly recognise each other around the ship (we had about 400 DISers on that cruise).

Secret Mickey is like Secret Santa. Usually a questionnaire is sent out to everybody participating and then closer to the cruise each participant is matched up with anothr person. Throughout the cruise the person spoils their Secret Mickey recipient with notes and little gifts. Usually on a sea day towards the end of the cruise, everybody gets together and hands over the final gift, that is usally bigger than what is left throughout the cruise, to their recipient.

Corinna

I can't help with Shots around the Ship or the Edwardian Tea as they are new to me as well, but I am familiar with the other two.

Corinna

Corinna, shots around the ship:drinking1 only requires you to attend a late night trip to as many of the bars:drinking1 and clubs:drinking1:dancer: that we can hit before they close.::cop: if unsuccessful we may have to try again. dam i would hate for that to happen..:cool1: :rotfl2: ...and pink wigs will be optional!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Pink wigs are going to be banned this time...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I STILL haven't opened mine yet... (may send it to Bubba for when the other one wears out... )

Corinna, shots around the ship:drinking1 only requires you to attend a late night trip to as many of the bars:drinking1 and clubs:drinking1:dancer: that we can hit before they close.::cop: if unsuccessful we may have to try again. dam i would hate for that to happen..:cool1: :rotfl2: ...and pink wigs will be optional!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Sounds good to me. Crossing the Atlantic in April we can probably do with anything that will warm us up ;)

Corinna

I think Cove Cafe is going to get a work out...

Joining the new and improved thread with family data:

Me - Brack Jr (58yo)
DW - Annette (56yo)
DS - Brack III (35yo)
DDIL - Jennifer (34yo)

I've booked a Cat 11 for both families on our January 3rd cruise. At that time all Cat 11's were GTY so we'll find out where are cabin is later. :flower3: Where ever it will be is just fine with us because .......

we'll be on the Magic for two weeks. :cheer2:

Our Family
Dis Name: KrisannB
Hometown: Jackson, TN

Cruisers (all ages will be ATOC):

Ashley (DH) 39 (turning 39 on April 9)
Krisann - 40
Ashlyn (DD) - 15
Aaron (DS) - 12 (will turn 13 on cruise on 4/21)

Cabin - 7007

Yes to:
FE
Secret Mickey (all 4 of us),
Champaigne Girls (2nd time!)

Plus interested in other events too - will wait to see what all everyone has going on.

for picture - see sig line :)

Krisann

Hi fellow cruisers,

Boy, ya'll sure posted alot for this cruise since the last time I was able to check it. I saw the link to Craftymouse's link on the first page. I know there is a list of people on the cruise. There was also information for joining the FE and Secret Mickey. I signed up for both.

I'm also up for any other fun activities as I'm cruising solo. Although I'm 41, I'm willing to be adopted :rotfl2:

Could someone explain the "champagne girls" logo I've seen?

Kristi - cat. 11

Well, I finally quit drooling and thinking about it and bit the bullet and booked it!

I booked myself and TBD as DD will be in college (she thinks she should ditch and sail--WRONG!) Don't know if I'll ask a friend, agree to book somebody's "spare" so they can go in a 4 person cabin instead of a 5 or what, but there's plenty of time for that to be figured out. Hate to spend the bucks to sail solo, but that's a possibility too.

I'm a frequent flyer--17 sailings on the Magic so far, and 4 more DCL trips scheduled before the trans-Atlantic. LOVE the special sailings! LOVE the sea days....LOVE the MAGIC!

So...hi to everyone, and I'll catch up with the group soon...there's lots to read.

I'm in a 10 gty as that was what was available....will try to change the ressie to a rebooking while on board when I sail next.

Oh I didn't post a photo! Well you don't get one of me because I am on a MASSIVE diet to lose 100lbs before I cruise! :)
I had some health problems over the past couple of years that peaked this past fall and the weight piled on....and on....and on.....
So I have this big life changing goal of a dress size I want to be when I cruise! I am very self conscious right now.
In the meantime - here is Meg on formal night of our past cruise on Jan 10 :)
2009_01180343.jpg

Jamie - 27 and turning 28 on April 20th during the cruise!
Jalen - 8

Please add us to the Fish Extender and secret Mickey's and anything else there is to sign up for.

I have no idea what my cabin number is and as long as I am on the ship I am good.:hyper:

Hi, looks like I'll be joining y'all. :)

It's going to be me (Rachel, 21 at sailing) and my dad (David, 50 at sailing).

We are booked in a Cat. 11 GTY, and I am THRILLED! I've been on 3 3-day Disney cruises, but nothing like this. I am so happy.

I would sign up for things, but I'm not very good at choosing gifts for others. :confused:

It's going to be me (Rachel, 21 at sailing) and my dad (David, 40 at sailing).

We are booked in a Cat. 11 GTY, and I am THRILLED! I've been on 3 3-day Disney cruises, but nothing like this. I am so happy.

I would sign up for things, but I'm not very good at choosing gifts for others. :confused:

thats ok we will be happy to help you pick out F/E gifts( beer is good:drinking1).lol

karl

It's going to be me (Rachel, 21 at sailing) and my dad (David, 40 at sailing).

I love your David Tennant banner - rowr!

I love your David Tennant banner - rowr!
Thank you! :D

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (new series) so when I needed to make a new signature so the ticker would fit, he was a natural choice!

And I have to apologize for my horrible math; in my first post I said my dad was going to be 40 at sailing. :confused: He's going to be 50.

Wasn't there a message board set up on the last thread?
I would love to have a place to discuss specific things without having to dig through this thread.
For example - a discussion on transportation options in Spain from port to airport - whats the best deal,etc???

Or just a place we can post great info we find over the next year regarding the ports and stuff.

Wasn't there a message board set up on the last thread?
I would love to have a place to discuss specific things without having to dig through this thread.
For example - a discussion on transportation options in Spain from port to airport - whats the best deal,etc???

Or just a place we can post great info we find over the next year regarding the ports and stuff.

we can try to put pertinent info in the first couple of post on each thread as we go..:laundy: contact Tink rules or nskjerven

karl

I'll be building more on this thread tonight... have a few things to catch up on then I'll get to work!!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter