• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

A panoramic view of DHS - hat, boat, ToT. I don't know if the boat beat us there or not.

WP_20141006_015.jpg

Some friends greeting us at the Poly.

WP_20141006_016.jpg

At Kona. Time for dinner. Service still slow, but the food is great. They were playing pass the pager.

WP_20141006_017.jpg

Last edited:
First up. Lapu Lapu. A drink so nice, they say it twice.

WP_20141006_018.jpg

Next up. Family split some sushi Excellent.

WP_20141006_019.jpg

WP_20141006_021.jpg

WP_20141006_020.jpg

Last edited:

On the monorail to TOTWL @ BLT for Wishes.

WP_20141006_025.jpg

A beautiful site.

WP_20141006_027.jpg

The last of my pins this trip. Grumpy for 7DMT, since I couldn't find the actual ride pin. And, the marvel pin because its freaking cool.

Last edited:
Kona dinner is on our bucket list. Good to know you are able to get a pressed pot with dinner. :thumbsup2

Enjoy Wishes from TOTWL!

Loved seeing you and your family having a great time at MNSSHP.
I also love being up early at WDW - enjoying the morning outside with a cup of coffee - it is heaven. We are not eating at Kona this trip, but dinner at 'Ohana
also Yak & Yeti, Sanna, Boma etc. Some old some new.
Enjoy your time and family !

Arrived at TOTWL @ BLT. Wishes was moved to 10:00 PM. But, that's ok as we can enjoy the view and another beer.

WP_20141006_028.jpg

See you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Kona dinner is on our bucket list. Good to know you are able to get a pressed pot with dinner. :thumbsup2

Enjoy Wishes from TOTWL!

Thanks. We ate at Kona on our honeymoon or one early trip for dinner. Then, we never went back until last year, in order to try new ones. This one may be a consistent repeat.

Have you and Ron meet up yet?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Not yet. We have never had trips overlap or been in close proximity. Maybe one trip. We have 28 years left on this contract.

Loved seeing you and your family having a great time at MNSSHP.
I also love being up early at WDW - enjoying the morning outside with a cup of coffee - it is heaven. We are not eating at Kona this trip, but dinner at 'Ohana
also Yak & Yeti, Sanna, Boma etc. Some old some new.
Enjoy your time and family !

We've been to those as well. Sanaa was my least favorite of those, but that I because that type of cuisine is not my favorite. The food was hot & fresh. You have four restaurants ending in vowels - intentional or coincidence?

Hopping on board, great reviews and pics.

Your assessment of Kona seems to match our recent experiences. It's always been one of the best non-signatures for the food, but the service keeps getting worse and worse with every visit. It's not an attitude problem, just SUPER slow, even for things like drink refills, where you can't blame the kitchen. I think they're just terribly under-staffed.

Keep enjoying!

Hopping on board, great reviews and pics.

Your assessment of Kona seems to match our recent experiences. It's always been one of the best non-signatures for the food, but the service keeps getting worse and worse with every visit. It's not an attitude problem, just SUPER slow, even for things like drink refills, where you can't blame the kitchen. I think they're just terribly under-staffed.

Keep enjoying!

Yes, our server was really friendly and knowledgeable kitchen runners brought food timely, but it was a wait to get the server to the table. I probably would have ordered another drink I they had been more timely. Still, food is good, great location, and I can time it with Wishes from TOTWL (or Poly beach) is even better.

Good morning from the Boardwalk laundry room. We are packing and doing laundry.

WP_20141007_001.jpg

No one else would post a picture like this but me. I already have the room packed. I'm giving DW a break from guarding the clothes while they dry.

Last edited:

temporary-1912.jpg

No one else would post a picture like this but me. I already have the room packed. I'm giving DW a break from guarding the clothes while they dry.

Do they only have 1 washer and 1 dryer? I guess you stayed in a studio this time… :smokin:

Hopefully brought the laundry back folded and not in a big pile. :rolleyes2

temporary-1912.jpg

Did you need a FP+ for that?

Bye from Boardwalk. I know I says Welcome, but today it means goodbye. A short, but fun trip.

WP_20141007_003.jpg

Before we leave, it is lunch at ESPN Club. Another war on reuben sandwiches, as the one off this menu is gone. I did get in another Disdad meet with CJ.

WP_20141007_006.jpg

I had the chicken & waffles and my two beers. CJ is squared away on those KY wins (UK & UL football) over those Florida teams.

Last edited:
I really loved BWV too (2008), did that walk to DHS many times...was quicker than walking to get the buses or even boat to get to other parks. I still think that clown slide is creepy! Glad you had a good time. oh one of the best thing when we stayed there was the Broadwalk bakery makes ALL the gingerbread for all of WDW, and it smelled of gingerbread everywhere around our hotel room, halls, everywhere( needless to say gingerbread always now reminds me of BWV)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We made it to Vero Beach Resort. There were some great photo opportunities when we arrived, but the GPS maps killed my battery. So, after a short charge, unpack stuff, we begin phase 2 of the vacation.

A good way to start. Yuengling draft in the Green Cabin Room.

WP_20141007_009.jpg

...with a great view.

WP_20141007_010.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some beginning pictures that I missed.

The view from our balcony. Garden view of the parking lot. I'm points cheap, so the view is ok by me.

WP_20141007_011.jpg

Because I can walk a few more feet for this one.

WP_20141007_012.jpg

Last edited:
A quick walk on the beach. Watching and listening to the tide roll in is amazing. I think I need to move to the beach. The salty ocean smell is enjoyable as well.

WP_20141007_013.jpg

VBR has some rockers as well. Although, I'm more partial to the ones at Congress Park at SSR.

WP_20141007_015.jpg

Some evening banjo entertainment in the background.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter