No wonder I'm single; I'm a Disney dork

TJM1976

DIS Veteran
So I've been looking back over the past... umm.. year or so and wonder why I'm single. :confused3 I've got this "obsession" with researching WDW from back in the begining. I've managed to read several books about how WDW was created and some insights to the early operation procedures and have MANY photos from the late 60's and on. I love my "hobby" and become uber excited when I come across a pic that I've never seen before or learn new info. I occasionally post vintage pics on my FB page and see who knows what the pic is missing or what the pic is of. ConcKahuna knows what I'm talking about. :laughing: I live in Orlando so I go to the parks quite often. More often solo than with others.
With that said, my hobby seems to consume alot of my time. Granted I don't do much else so its not a big issue. Maybe I use my hobby as an escape from being single.
Whats the purpose of my posting you ask? I honestly don't know. :rotfl2: Maybe I'm wondering if there are any others out there who shares a hobby similiar to mine. Or am I just truly odd? :lmao: Who elese finds pics like the ones in these threads interesting?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1117864
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1467284
Or who has read Realityland ?

There are plenty of guys out there just like you......keep looking! :thumbsup2

You know, I know two beautiful "boys" one a player (but none the less beautiful) and one who just wants to love someone...

Not sure if they are into Disney though...

I also love Disney History and seeing old and new WDW pics. Hang in there and you'll meet someone!

No! You're single because you don't come out when people text you... :rolleyes1

Just kidding :hug:

FYI ... I just got the new "Walt Disney Imagineering" sequel book ... and it is AMAZING !!!!!

You know, I know two beautiful "boys" one a player (but none the less beautiful) and one who just wants to love someone...

Not sure if they are into Disney though...

hmmm Im not a player... but need some love :love: but if they are "boys", I don't want to be a daddy. LoL

It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg. Are you single because your hobby takes up most of your time? Or do you spend so much time on your hobby? I'm sure you can find someone who shares your hobby.

I've been doing a lot of thinking this past week and have been asking myself why I'm single. For me it's worse, as I haven't had any luck even making friends here in Pittsburgh. Makes me wonder what's wrong with me? :confused3

I've been doing a lot of thinking this past week and have been asking myself why I'm single. For me it's worse, as I haven't had any luck even making friends here in Pittsburgh. Makes me wonder what's wrong with me? :confused3

I know what you mean. *sigh*

So I've been looking back over the past... umm.. year or so and wonder why I'm single. :confused3 I've got this "obsession" with researching WDW from back in the begining. I've managed to read several books about how WDW was created and some insights to the early operation procedures and have MANY photos from the late 60's and on. I love my "hobby" and become uber excited when I come across a pic that I've never seen before or learn new info. I occasionally post vintage pics on my FB page and see who knows what the pic is missing or what the pic is of. ConcKahuna knows what I'm talking about. :laughing: I live in Orlando so I go to the parks quite often. More often solo than with others.
With that said, my hobby seems to consume alot of my time. Granted I don't do much else so its not a big issue. Maybe I use my hobby as an escape from being single.
Whats the purpose of my posting you ask? I honestly don't know. :rotfl2: Maybe I'm wondering if there are any others out there who shares a hobby similiar to mine. Or am I just truly odd? :lmao: Who elese finds pics like the ones in these threads interesting?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1117864
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1467284
Or who has read Realityland ?

I love looking at vintage pics, etc. even though my first trip was last summer.

And, I know what you mean as far as trying to find someone that shares your interests. *sigh*.

I love looking at vintage pics, etc. even though my first trip was last summer.

And, I know what you mean as far as trying to find someone that shares your interests. *sigh*.

Oh I have about 200 pics that are from the late 60's, 70's, and 80's..... I think one of the fave things to do is when I find an old vintage pic, I take one now of that same area. So its like a then - and - now.

My boyfriend is pretty fascinated by my love for Disney, so I guess I lucked out. Although...I'm working hard to convince him that "The World of Color" isn't "just a light and water show."

You'll find someone!

These two are 20 and 22 respectively.

Hmmm... lemme think, the only singles I know???? Yeah, I think so!

Those your 2 military boys?

I think you need to invite me and TJM over for margaritas when they are in town :rolleyes1

No, these are my local boys. :teeth: Two sweet gay boys who we've "adopted" as our sons. They get the biggest kick out of introducing us to their friends as their "Moms." :teeth:

But about those margaritas... one is a barkeep. :teeth: :teeth:

Um you live in Orlando and you can't find someone else who loves Disney? Something is wrong here...:laughing:

Um you live in Orlando and you can't find someone else who loves Disney? Something is wrong here...:laughing:

It's a fact of nature, the closer you were born to Disney, the less you like it! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter