No wishes thanksgiving week?

wedance6

Mouseketeer
Does anyone find it odd that there is no wishes or ELP scheduled the week of thanksgiving? Anyone know why?

Thanks!

Your question piqued my interest, so I hopped on the WDW website. (Also I'm not sure what you mean by ELP, I'm assuming you mean Main Street Electrical Parade?) Per the WDW website:
11/22/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/23/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/24/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/25/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/26/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/27/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/28/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00

When in doubt, go to the source!

I hopped on the WDW website...

I have to tell you that the WDW website is not always a very good source.
I know it SHOULD be, but the "official" WDW website ls notoriously late to post, late to update,
and, in general, one of the least reliable sites for accurate, up-to-date WDW info.
Can it be correct? Absolutely.
Should you trust it as "the source?"
Not so much.

Last edited:
True the WDW website isn't always accurate, but I still don't see where the OP is getting info that MSEP and Wishes are cancelled. Josh is predicting MSEP at 9:00 and 11:00 with Wishes at 10:00 based on past practice, but this isn't official as of now. But nowhere do I see that they have been cancelled.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by ELP
ELP no doubt stands for "Electric Light Parade".

Which raises an interesting history question. If you do a web search for it, you'll get lots and lots of hits referring to the parade as the Electric Light Parade. It's the name I remember it by. But I can't find anything that indicates that was ever part of the official name used by Disney.

You're correct I don't think it ever was officially called that. But I think the public just called it electrical light parade. I know my family all did and I was 9 when I first saw it so it kinda sticks. Just like its hard still to say Hollywood studios. MGM still comes out of my mouth :))
Well I really hope they do schedule wishes. We have lagoon view at the poly and I was really looking forward to seeing it from there as well.

True the WDW website isn't always accurate, but I still don't see where the OP is getting info that MSEP and Wishes are cancelled. Josh is predicting MSEP at 9:00 and 11:00 with Wishes at 10:00 based on past practice, but this isn't official as of now. But nowhere do I see that they have been cancelled.

I'm assuming that the OP is thinking that the absence of MSEP and Wishes on the travel agents' calendar means that it's not scheduled, rather than that it's just not listed yet. But Josh doesn't think it means anything, and he usually knows what he's talking about. ;)

Your question piqued my interest, so I hopped on the WDW website. (Also I'm not sure what you mean by ELP, I'm assuming you mean Main Street Electrical Parade?) Per the WDW website:
11/22/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/23/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/24/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/25/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/26/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/27/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00
11/28/15: MSEP 8:00, Wishes 9:00

Touring Plans has same as WDW site, but easywdw has 9:00 and 10:00 times... I'm not going during Thanksgiving week, but I sure hope the calendars match at the time I do go!

Yeah....I freaked out about this too! My daughter is a regular Disney visitor and she said....Don't worry, there will be fireworks and parades all week long. So...I'm going with her expert advice. So chill.....and the magic will happen. I don't know why Disney doesn't accurately post this stuff...but it seems to be known to all....that they don't.

Last years hours were extended the week of Thanksgiving sometime in September or October...so I would guess that will happen again and that the times for MSEP and Wishes will be adjusted accordingly. Even if you make plans now, I would check back every so often to see if the times have changed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter