No wbta 2013

Thanks for the responses. It's hard to know what to do. Whether or not she goes depends on her husband's health which is so very not good right now. :sad2:

What you might find though is that you could convince someone else to come with you if she has to pull out. You'd be amazed how many people suddenly "always wanted to go on a cruise" when you say actually I've got a spare place in my room. I don't think there is likely to be a huge difference in the price. In 2010 the prices didn't change too much during the 2 years most of us were booked for.

How about the 2011 TA? Did prices change much? I know they did fantastic offers the last few months so I'm assuming not much?

I would still book two and just check with a TA if there is a chance it would change.

Ok, got caught up reading everyones posts. Do we have any idea when Disney may announce this cruise???:confused3 Just getting anxious here.:yay:

WHOO HOO - info posted on our FB page that the 2013 itineraries are announced by DCL. Didn't mention a PC or TA cruise, but how else will the Magic get to Europe and the Wonder to Miami.

Bookings for the itineraries mention begin the 26th.

What? I see the 14 day Eastbound on the sailings for the Magic, but it doesn't say a Westbound? That wouldn't make sense, would it?

Yes, they are going to Europe in 2013. But why announce the EBTA, but NOT the WBTA? I'm on hold with DCL right now, but don't really expect any answers. Sigh....

Okay, I suggest we ALL email Mr. Karl Holz (President of DCL) and politely ask WHY no WBTA is listed. karl.holz@disney.com

Dear Mr. Holz,

While there are many excited about the new itineraries, why is there an Easternbound Transatlantic listed, but no Westbound?

There are several hundred of us on a Disney forum that have been waiting to book it since the rumors went out. It's almost cruel to announce an Eastbound, but leave us hanging.

Please let us know if there is hope for this cruise, or should we (gasp) have to go with another cruise line?

I do thank you for your time.

If you noticed there are no fall itineraries listed for either the Magic or the Wonder. Not exactly overly happy that I've been waiting all this time for an announcement and it's not complete????? Really DCL???

I know...its frustrating. But I do think it will still happen. Just it makes it hard for those who do need to plan...

What? I see the 14 day Eastbound on the sailings for the Magic, but it doesn't say a Westbound? That wouldn't make sense, would it?

Well, if what goes up must come down, then what goes East must come West! They can't possibly leave the Magic over there forever! :rotfl:

It seems to me that the rumors might be true - that the Magic will be going into an extensive dry dock in 2013. Then she can come out lookin' good for a WBTA in celebration of my birthday in October! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :love:

In the meantime...watch and wait, watch and wait...:surfweb:

Well, if what goes up must come down, then what goes East must come West! They can't possibly leave the Magic over there forever! :rotfl:

Why not? The carpets on the Dream have 4 ships on the map with 1 West Coast bar a star for Disneyland, 2 in the East near a star for WDW, and another on the Eastern Atlantic next to Europe and a star that perhaps is Disneyland Resort Paris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIVQAXJ0Q4

Cruising in the Med is becoming a year round activity. So perhaps dry dock or perhaps and extended stay with Winter cruises in the med

In the meantime...watch and wait, watch and wait...:surfweb:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: lol My sharp detective skills tell me there will be a lot of that going on

:lmao:And once they announce the 2013 WBTA, I would like them to announce the EBTA 2014, so I will be able to use my return plane ticket to go from the US to UK and back again !!!

margaret

Here is the response I just received in reference to the email I sent to Karl Holtz:

Holly,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line and thank you for
your recent inquiry.

We are always evaluating new itineraries and will continue to do so into
the future. As such, we are still finalizing plans for our fall
sailings aboard the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder in 2013 and look
forward to sharing that information when the time is right.

Again, thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

George
Guest Communications
Disney Cruise Line

Some Observations...

There are exactly five weeks between the end of the final 2013 published med cruise and the possible?? WBTA. If we assume the port schedules in Gibraltar and Madeira are correct, that five weeks would leave plenty of time for an extensive drydock (although I still don't see why the company would spend the extra money for a drydock in Europe when they could get it done cheaper here in the US). Early fall 2013 would also be just past 15 years service for the Magic which might make her due for extensive maintenance.

I also wonder if the WBTA might return to Galveston and be a direct opposite to the EBTA. The dates appear to work if we assume the Gibraltar date and Madeira date are correct. The Castaway Cay date would fall on Wednesday the 23rd and that works as the Dream is scheduled to be at sea that day.

A little off topic, but according to the newly revised 2012/2013 Itinerary Brochure, the 5/19 Dream cruise and the 5/18 EBTA appear to both have Castaway Cay days scheduled for Tuesday, May 21st. That certainly can't happen. Kind of surprised they didn't catch that and publish the Dream to be at sea that day and at Castaway Cay on Wednesday the 22nd.

Im planning on booking the eastbound tomorrow which I would only go on if there is no westbound in 2013. Does anyone else plan on doing this? I can always change bookings in a WBTA comes out right?

Some Observations...

There are exactly five weeks between the end of the final 2013 published med cruise and the possible?? WBTA. If we assume the port schedules in Gibraltar and Madeira are correct, that five weeks would leave plenty of time for an extensive drydock (although I still don't see why the company would spend the extra money for a drydock in Europe when they could get it done cheaper here in the US). Early fall 2013 would also be just past 15 years service for the Magic which might make her due for extensive maintenance.

I also wonder if the WBTA might return to Galveston and be a direct opposite to the EBTA. The dates appear to work if we assume the Gibraltar date and Madeira date are correct. The Castaway Cay date would fall on Wednesday the 23rd and that works as the Dream is scheduled to be at sea that day.

Well thought out, that was what I was thinking, I can't see DCL having all there ships in the same area. And we now know from FB that DCL have no intention of making an annoucement about the WBTA. for a couple of months, they still have a few things to work out. So we are still playing the waiting game

margaret

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter