No wbta 2013

Are you Sue Powell in real life, too?

Yes, I am Sue Powell in real life = my FB name. DH Richard is real too LOL or so he says....but he's a diver and water on the brain etc etc so he is BABYDIVER for his Dis name

Okay - I just got off the phone with DCL. I didn't mention this thing called the DISboards - she did. :) She said they do read it - and are amused, but also amazed at how much we get right before we "officially" are told. Very nice chat with a CM - and you know that is not always the case.

Expect several weeks before the 2013 Magic & Wonder dates and itineraries are released. They are still training/educating the CMs, as it is a bit complicated - I think Mary's hit it on the head with the varying cruise schedules.

As far as Venice, I am piecing together information I gather from here and there.

And expect great new destinations in the future with Disney - far away places - maybe not in 2013, but they are coming. Keep filling up those piggy banks!

Nice to know they are monitoring the DISboards as they wouldn't bother if they weren't going to take any notice! The way we are posting at the moment it will take somebody a full time job to keep up with us!!

We tend to be a bit shy, too, but somehow the interaction online makes it much easier to talk to people onboard :goodvibes.

Yes, we are all obsessed (in a nice way :lovestruc). Why else would we all be signing up for the "Maybe" cruise? :confused3

I must admit we found it great to walk around the ship with our blue lanyards on and be able to smile and talk to like minded fellow dis-ers. It certainly broke the ice...Hope someone will arrange that again!

We look forward to joining in some of the organised events this time as were too shy last time.

And would love to join a large table. We always sit at an 8 but on the WBTA we moved to a 4 on boarding to keep a couple company who had been seated alone only to find that after night 3 they moved to a much larger table after making friends with a group and we were sitting alone for the rest of the cruise....not our idea of fun! And our intended act of kindness turned around on us!

We are down as a maybe for WBTA 2013 but you and I know that that Dummy Cruise on the Fantasy will be moved!!

My first and only previous Disney Cruise was way back in 2005, and due to my daughters education and Uni commiments I havent taken one since so Im extremly unfamiliar with how it all works, so can I just ask, what type of Stateroom are most of you trying for?? has anyone been in an inside cabin for this length of cruise and how was it? and finally for now, do you get to select what dinner seating your on early/late or is it automatic.

Thank you so much for any help and info:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi Sue!
We had an inside on our previous transatlantic and while of course I would prefer a balcony if money wasn't an issue, it worked really well for us. We spent very little time in the cabin and there was plenty of room for us two anyway. It meant we slept longer as we had no natural light I think, but we did love our aft inside cabin on the 6th deck and will be looking to have it again I think :cool1:

Hope that helps!:goodvibes

Just found this thread, didnt think there would be one running yet, hoping this becomes a real cruise.:goodvibes Anyway we are hoping to join in this cruise we did the 2010 WB and really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2 We are DW Trish (hotfudgesundae) and myself Michael (epcot1stfave). We are more of a reader than posters but we like to try and keep up with the news. Allready recognising a few names from the 2010 although we didnt get to meet many of you. Hoping to do better this time.:)

Yay! More 2010 peeps! :dance3:

:littleangel:

I tried and failed miserably to recreate the coconut shrimp with sweet chilli sauce at home the other night......we need to get them again & that fab curry! :lmao:

We will definitely be doing JVD this time!!!

I still can't forget all that bloody food Lee ordered in Palo. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Gosh I completely forgot that Lee ordered all that extra food in Palo, that was hilarious, we were feeling so ill with it all :rotfl2:

I'll find out if our old ex-head server (who is now an officer) is onboard again next time, I'll ask him to do the curry for us again :thumbsup2 He always loves an excuse to show off his culinary skills :)

If there is any hint that JVD may called off or hiccups like last time, we should all just head to the Pussers Rum Bar and get bladdered there instead :rotfl:

You got the Jimmy Choos ... :woohoo::woohoo: result! Worth Stevie missing Palo then I would say. I am still amazed that you made it to Palo that night. I was such a lightweight lobster! ( and we won't talk about Tony )

I was so excited when I got them.... defo worth missing Palo for!!!

It was the fries Sarah, remember we went straight to Plutos for fries as soon as we got back onboard, they lined the stomach !! I have no idea how I sobered up so quickly, mind you I had sun lotion on, not like a lot of people (who shall remain nameless), who were so wasted they were all partying up on the front of the catameran in the blazing sunshine with no sunscreen on :scared1: My DH completely forgot after 12 painkillers that his swim back had washed it off :eek:

Okay - I just got off the phone with DCL. I didn't mention this thing called the DISboards - she did. :) She said they do read it - and are amused, but also amazed at how much we get right before we "officially" are told. Very nice chat with a CM - and you know that is not always the case.

Expect several weeks before the 2013 Magic & Wonder dates and itineraries are released. They are still training/educating the CMs, as it is a bit complicated - I think Mary's hit it on the head with the varying cruise schedules.

As far as Venice, I am piecing together information I gather from here and there.

And expect great new destinations in the future with Disney - far away places - maybe not in 2013, but they are coming. Keep filling up those piggy banks!

Thanks for the info and update Lynne, can't wait to hear what further snippits you have :thumbsup2

My first and only previous Disney Cruise was way back in 2005, and due to my daughters education and Uni commiments I havent taken one since so Im extremly unfamiliar with how it all works, so can I just ask, what type of Stateroom are most of you trying for?? has anyone been in an inside cabin for this length of cruise and how was it? and finally for now, do you get to select what dinner seating your on early/late or is it automatic.

We have only ever done inside cabins. We don't mind them, it would be nice having a balcony to sit on, but we just use upstairs deck 9/10 instead. The darkness is great and helps us to sleep.

My philosophy is that I can get 2 cruises for the price of 1 without a balcony :cool1:

Was having another look at Villafranche port and yes, you are right the gaps are all different durations ie 3,7,2,4,12,7,5,4,12,14,5,7,4,3,7 so maybe on the longer gaps they are indeed doing a Western Med and....

Possibly dropping into Venice to collect items for the refit. Ships have been known to so some refitting whilst cruising so they would need less time in dry dock later. As for the 2,3,4 day gaps they could be visiting Villefranche twice in one cruise POSSIBLY....WHO KNOWS...COME ON DISNEY!!!! PUT US ALL OUT OF OUR MISERY WE ARE LOSING HAIR IN HANDFULS...!!

Hopefully the itineraries will be out in the next few weeks as Lynne says, the stress and impatience will be a nightmare :eek::rotfl:

Hello and welcome :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: to all those old faces from the WBTA 2011, and a big welcome to so many others that have joined that we don't know :welcome::welcome::welcome: the Dis boards are such a friendly place, I look forward to getting to know/ and be reacquainted with my Dis board friends

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Lynne it's a funny old world, I would have guessed Disney like to keep their ear close to the ground, but it's nice to know they do. I would suspect they are looking for negatives posted or any new ideas.So it's great they have taken note of our interest. I don't think this will be reflected in price, after all we are still a small ( growing ) percentage of the magic's capacity.

:woohoo::woohoo: Pat it's great you got the part in the play, so being better placed for the one you fancy more. But am sure once you get into this one,you will have a great time especially if your with a great brunch of people like us dissers !!!

margaret

It was the fries Sarah, remember we went straight to Plutos for fries as soon as we got back onboard, they lined the stomach !! I have no idea how I sobered up so quickly, mind you I had sun lotion on, not like a lot of people (who shall remain nameless), who were so wasted they were all partying up on the front of the catameran in the blazing sunshine with no sunscreen on :scared1: My DH completely forgot after 12 painkillers that his swim back had washed it off :eek:
:

Mary, I still have sunburn scars in places I'd rather not from that afternoon on the front of the catamaran!! :eek:
But it was definately one of the highlights of the whole cruise!!

Annemarie x

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: LOL Mary you seem to forget I've got some incriminating photo's of you partying with us :rotfl2::rotfl2: and of cause the photo's of our special boys. Perphaps a lack of painkillers may have warned us we were totally nuts !!!

My philosophy is that I can get 2 cruises for the price of 1 without a balcony :cool1:
Mary I have to agree, all that money we splashed on three cruises last year, we didn't use the balconcy much. And the dark may have meant that I didn't end up on deck 10 at 4.30 am and hence norman wouldn't have taken that photo of me crashed out by the cove cafe :scared1:

Hopefully the itineraries will be out in the next few weeks as Lynne says, the stress and impatience will be a nightmare :eek::rotfl:

yes yes yes :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 ( that's my when harry meet sally moment) but the magic does it for me

margaret

Mary, I still have sunburn scars in places I'd rather not from that afternoon on the front of the catamaran!! :eek:

Annemarie x

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Annemarie what a picture, .... all photo's post JVD were evidence to that !!!!

margaret

Woo hoo :welcome: Karen & Richard!
Thank you, Ms Pinky!!! Really looking forward to doing this one.. Hopefully there'll be no spanners in the works this time around.. Not that I'm suggesting that my adorable grandson is ANY kind of spanner but... Well, you know what I mean... ;)

....Lee is SO looking forward to it. :cool1: Although he just keep trying to make sure i'm not getting too excited by keep reminding me that it hasn't been annouced yet....he has failed miserably though as I am hyper! :dance3:
Now, why does that NOT surprise me???!!! :goodvibes

3. Turn-about is fair play, as they say. I'm sure D is more than capable of feeding the babies :goodvibes. Congrats on the play...it sounds like a lot of fun, even if it is "stupid" ;). I would never have the nerve.

Thanks! Don't be too sure about Dennis. Juanita still intimidates him.

:woohoo::woohoo: Pat it's great you got the part in the play, so being better placed for the one you fancy more. But am sure once you get into this one,you will have a great time especially if your with a great brunch of people like us dissers !!!

margaret

Thanks! None of my favorite theater crazies are in this show, unfortunately. But the director of the next one is our props master and his partner is the producer, so at least they'll get to see what I can do onstage. I have a reputation as the best lighting board operator in the group, though, so I have to convince him he'd rather have me acting than running lights.

And would love to join a large table. We always sit at an 8 but on the WBTA we moved to a 4 on boarding to keep a couple company who had been seated alone only to find that after night 3 they moved to a much larger table after making friends with a group and we were sitting alone for the rest of the cruise....not our idea of fun! And our intended act of kindness turned around on us!

Oh no! You could've joined our table. That's how we ended up with Amanda (fontabel) and Jared, who were a hoot. (But seem to have gone AWOL since returning to the States. Must remember to send Amanda many harassing PM's.)

Ugh, off to work. Just a short 8-hour day today, then to the theatre for a read-through.

Wow! I haven't read all of the thread yet, but I am really hoping that it comes to fruition and we can move one of our late 2012 dummy ressies to the WBTA! Our girls would be 7 and almost 6 on this cruise, and it would be our first as gold! Keeping our fingers crossed, and please add us to the list!!!

Annemarie x

That was my favorite part of the trip. Thanks again Mandy for putting it on..we loved the JVD.

I did the 2010 EBTA in an inside - only time I've been in one though I always book one. It was great for sleeping as I did a lot of it. I was a bit stressed leading into the cruise and ended up rather sick a few days after the cruise so that is probably why I was sleeping so much.

I had originally booked late dining but later changed to early dining. Usually you can get your choice if you book fairly early. I was lucky enough to have a table at a porthole so we enjoyed watching the ocean go by while we ate.

I'll be booking an inside with early dining again for this one.

Welcome back!! :wave: How cold is it in your part of GA? We're freezing here in the middle.

Hi Pat! Good to hear from you again.
We just returned Monday night from spending the holidays in Paris...it was surprising how cold it was! It was colder here in Atlanta than it was the entire time we were in Europe. Brrrr!!! So glad it's supposed to get a little warmer this week.

I won't answer the inside cabin part as i've told you how much I love it already.

You can choose early or late dining when you make the reservation. :thumbsup2

Just found this thread, didnt think there would be one running yet, hoping this becomes a real cruise.:goodvibes Anyway we are hoping to join in this cruise we did the 2010 WB and really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2 We are DW Trish (hotfudgesundae) and myself Michael (epcot1stfave). We are more of a reader than posters but we like to try and keep up with the news. Allready recognising a few names from the 2010 although we didnt get to meet many of you. Hoping to do better this time.:)

:welcome: Michael & Trish, I will add you to the roll call. :cool1:

I must admit we found it great to walk around the ship with our blue lanyards on and be able to smile and talk to like minded fellow dis-ers. It certainly broke the ice...Hope someone will arrange that again!

We look forward to joining in some of the organised events this time as were too shy last time.

We are down as a maybe for WBTA 2013 but you and I know that that Dummy Cruise on the Fantasy will be moved!!

We will definitely have lanyards again they are so handy to keep your room key in & of course to identify fellow DISers, hopefully if Noel is coming she will volunteer again. ;) Mind you she did have such a nightmare with them last time so may not be willing to go through the hassle again.

Gosh I completely forgot that Lee ordered all that extra food in Palo, that was hilarious, we were feeling so ill with it all :rotfl2:

I'll find out if our old ex-head server (who is now an officer) is onboard again next time, I'll ask him to do the curry for us again :thumbsup2 He always loves an excuse to show off his culinary skills :)

If there is any hint that JVD may called off or hiccups like last time, we should all just head to the Pussers Rum Bar and get bladdered there instead :rotfl:

I know, he is such a loon!!!! It's not like we had starved for the two weeks, what was he thinking! :lmao: I've got photographic evidence of it all somewhere...

I want the recipe for that curry, it was delicious! As you know it's the first & only curry I have ever liked!

That's where I went & had my Pussers, the Pussers Rum Bar. It was a fab little bar but I definitely want to go to JVD this time!

Thank you, Ms Pinky!!! Really looking forward to doing this one.. Hopefully there'll be no spanners in the works this time around.. Not that I'm suggesting that my adorable grandson is ANY kind of spanner but... Well, you know what I mean... ;)

Now, why does that NOT surprise me???!!! :goodvibes

Lol, I know what you mean. He is a little cutie. :)

To be fair to Lee there is no way possible for him or anyone to stop me getting excited about this cruise....well unless DCL don't announce it BUT that does not bare thinking about!!!!!

Wow! I haven't read all of the thread yet, but I am really hoping that it comes to fruition and we can move one of our late 2012 dummy ressies to the WBTA! Our girls would be 7 and almost 6 on this cruise, and it would be our first as gold! Keeping our fingers crossed, and please add us to the list!!!

:welcome: Amanda, I will add you to the roll call on the first page.

:wave: AmandaRG!

Amanda and I know each other as we were on the same cruise meet thread. That is until I had the audacity to move my cruise date....

Good morning everyone!

It's freezing here in Florida - brrrrrr. I'm dealing with the cold my brother and his partner brought as a gift. :sad2: Yuck. Oh well, bed rest and this meet thread are my plans for the day.

To answer a question I got asked many pages ago (wow are we prolific!):

No, I haven't heard any rumors of pricing. I'm not a CM any longer, and even then we knew about as much as the bus drivers who always seem to have "inside information" :lmao:

I did ask a few people what they paid on the past WBTAs so I could get a ballpark figure of what I could expect. A little more pricey than I had thought, but oh well. I either hope to book a dummy onboard during my Dream cruise next month, or re-shop if DCL has opened bookings before then.

Several people PM'ed me about 800FlyEurope. I think that is going to be the way to go! I had been thinking it'd cost me $1K or more for airfare, so the prices I'm seeing for 2012 as a guideline are a welcome sight.

Hi Davidls - I recognize you from one of the meet threads I was on!

Hi to you too ThePhantomsGirl. Yes we both were on the Dec 15, 2012 cruise. You and Shari changed yours to Jan or Feb 2013 I believe? So glad we will - hopefully - get to sail together on this one. Is Shari going on this one as well?

You know it seems like I just posted on this thread yesterday that we intend to sail on this cruise. And, now it is 6 pages longer!!! Hey,................looking back.................it was just yesterday I posted!!! WOW, this sure has gotten up a good head of steam!!! Disney HAS to do this now.............don't they!!!!:confused3

:wave: AmandaRG!

Amanda and I know each other as we were on the same cruise meet thread. That is until I had the audacity to move my cruise date....

Thanks, Holly! I am hoping this one is a reality. What an amazing experience for the girls it would be!

Hi to you too ThePhantomsGirl. Yes we both were on the Dec 15, 2012 cruise. You and Shari changed yours to Jan or Feb 2013 I believe? So glad we will - hopefully - get to sail together on this one. Is Shari going on this one as well?

You know it seems like I just posted on this thread yesterday that we intend to sail on this cruise. And, now it is 6 pages longer!!! Hey,................looking back.................it was just yesterday I posted!!! WOW, this sure has gotten up a good head of steam!!! Disney HAS to do this now.............don't they!!!!:confused3

I don't think that Shari will be on it. She has mentioned before that it *might* be something she would do under the right conditions!

I am going to have to look into the 1800FLYEUROPE! Four airfares, ugh!

David--as you can probably tell we are all obsessed! (but in a good way)

No, Shari won't be coming with me. You all are stuck with just me.

Yes, the 800FlyEurope sounds like a lifesaver.

While the airfare is a killer for those of you with families, the solo supplement will get me. Although I do like having my own space.

At least the Wonder and The Magic have the ability to split beds. I know there are many that are upset with the fact that the Dream and the Fantasy don't make it easy for friends to sail with friends. You either have to share a bed (which I hate - I want my own space), or someone has to sleep on the couch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter