No way to ditch "ghost" FP+?

mom2aandj

DIS Veteran
Made my FP+s a few weeks ago. Changed around the times on a few, resulting in several of those annoying ghost FP appearing each day on MDE itinerary. Have checked back several times, both on a PC and on the iPhone app and they are all still there. So annoying that instead of being able to look at our schedule on the app, I am going to literally have to write the correct FP times and rides on a little scrap of paper or something!? Is there anyway to get rid of these??

Is there anyway to get rid of these??

Nothing that has been proven to work.

Sometimes they can vanish spontaneously.
Most times (often even with help from Disney IT,) they hang around for the trip.

I've tried with a phone call, and though I was told they would go away, they didn't :(.

I had that as well when we went over Christmas. Mine finally disappeared while we were there. Don't have a clue. Guess it is just another glitch they need to get fixed. Good luck! pixiedust:

Nope. I kept hearing that they would drop off but they never did until the day-of.

Very annoying and totally wrecked the purpose of the app as a planning and itinerary tool.

I'm in the same boat. Made my FP+ selections two weeks ago. If you look at my FP+ for the week, it shows I only have 2 selections on one day or only 1 selection on another day. For my AK day, it shows that I have 3, but when you click on it, it shows that 2 are for Kilimanjaro Safari. Times are all wrong, etc.

When I go to the "change screen", it all appears correctly. I know that the right ones are in the system because we had similar issues when we were there in November (but they did clear up the same day) and everything worked as it should, but I thought by now (2 weeks later) they would have been displaying properly. Like you, I'll have to keep the track of the correct times in another way (probably my notes app on my phone).

I called Disney and they told me it was a glitch and not to worry, the ones I want are the ones I will get. I just wish they could fix this glitch because I hate looking at the extra passes!

Instead of getting extras showing up, I am having 2 days only show 2 selections. Such a pain! I can only see the ones I have by trying to change them and then it shows them correctly. UGH!!

At WDW now, and I had a day of fast passes just disappear on me. And when the people at the kiosk checked, they said they were gone. I had just written them all down the night before, so I knew they were there. They gave my party 3 choice of experience fast passes for that day.

Those are such a pain!!!

I'm a TA and I recently had a client with a lot of those. I called Disney IT to get them removed and no matter what either of us tried, they wouldn't come out of the client's profile. It was a complete mess and ultimately the tried and true 'keep it on a piece of paper' system worked better.

I haven't seen them on any other clients yet but this one was a nightmare.

Best of luck!

:badpc:

I actually had both problems mentioned here when I made changes to our FastPass+ to change what day we went to which park. So on Day1 I ended up with 6 FP's showing and Day 2 was showing 0! When I would go into the "change times" screen, they all showed up correctly with no extras. I did as someone else has already mentioned, changed the times only on each and every one. I was able to adjust them all by 5-10 mins so it didn't really change anything about my day. And after I did that, the ghosties were gone and the missing ones showed back up. :cheer2: Hopefully they will stay that way.

I have 7 FP+ on my first day there. If i am reading this right then the ones i originally put in are the only ones that will work? The other 4 FP+ will not green light when i go to the FP entrance line? I went in and made my selections then i had to change times. When i did that it gave me all these FP+ selections for the 3 rides i chose. Times ranging from 11:15am to 9:30pm. Because i took what Disney gave me i changed my ADR and the park i would be at that morning. So it is likely that the "ghost" FP+ will disappear when i get to the park? I will screen shot it so i will at least have proof.

I ended up keeping a "notes" entry on my phone. At one point, after making some changes (not many), my phone, ipad, and when I checked at the room my laptop (web) MDX showed entirely different FP+ and it kept shifting. The kiosk also did not always show "correct" choices (that is to say the one that worked on MB).

But it was November and "testing."

And hey, it's not like it is entirely in Disney's control or anything.:rolleyes1

I have 7 FP+ on my first day there. If i am reading this right then the ones i originally put in are the only ones that will work? The other 4 FP+ will not green light when i go to the FP entrance line? I went in and made my selections then i had to change times. When i did that it gave me all these FP+ selections for the 3 rides i chose. Times ranging from 11:15am to 9:30pm. Because i took what Disney gave me i changed my ADR and the park i would be at that morning. So it is likely that the "ghost" FP+ will disappear when i get to the park? I will screen shot it so i will at least have proof.

I think the ones that you can see in your "Change" screens are the real ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter