No Wait for any Rides!

ILVPOOH

DIS Veteran
We just came back from our vacation last week (8/27 - 9/2). There was no wait for any rides (except Soarin'). We only had to use one fast pass for Soarin'. We just walked on everything (EE, Buzz, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Dinosaur, Safari, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc.). We even went on Space, Splash and Thunder Mountain over and over again. My sons found the paint brush on Tom Sawyer's Island and received a fast pass for Thunder or Splash Mountain. We didn't have to use it, so I kept it as a Souvenir. This was a great week to go. We entered the parks first thing in the morning (no EMH's), went back to the hotel in the afternoon and back to the parks at night.

Good to know.

Sounds like you had a good time.

I'll be interested to hear how after the holiday, Monday, the lines are. We go in less than 2 weeks and worry not about lines. :teeth:

WOW!

Thanks for the report! We are heading down in just 3 short days and I am really hoping for some short lines :sunny:

Lucky! We thought it would be crowded for the DDP last year but it wasn't. Glad you had a good time.

I know its been explained on here before but what exactly is the paint brush on Tom Sawyer's Island. My DD13 has never been over there. My DD22 and DD20 have. We used to go over all the time. What I remember most was going with my "Father" (biological but my Stepfather is my dad) and he bought us grape slushys at the snackbar in the fort.

Anyway I just wanted to know. We are taking a "layover" in Disney on the way back to the Panhandle where we now live.

Note to self: Make reservations for last week of August, 2007...

Hi we were were exactly the same time. We thought that Monday at MK (not EMH day) was much busier than the Thursday (EMH morning) so bang goes that theory!) Our longest wait was at Pirates - only one side was open - posted wait 20 minutes , actual wait 30 minutes. Peter Pan had long lines too and you definitely needed a fast pass for that.

We found that posted waits on some rides were way out of line. Posted wait for Tower of Terror on Friday was 30 minutes but was actually a walk on.

We visited all the Disney parks, Seaworld, Busch, IOA and US in our 14 days and by far the longest waits were at Busch Gardens - 45 minutes for Sheikra, Kumba and Gwazi - Montu was more or less a walk on (must have hit this one at the right time)

DisneyWisher said:
I know its been explained on here before but what exactly is the paint brush on Tom Sawyer's Island. My DD13 has never been over there. My DD22 and DD20 have. We used to go over all the time. What I remember most was going with my "Father" (biological but my Stepfather is my dad) and he bought us grape slushys at the snackbar in the fort.

Anyway I just wanted to know. We are taking a "layover" in Disney on the way back to the Panhandle where we now live.

Everyday they hide 6 big paint brushes on Tom Sawyer's Island. They are usually stuck in the ropes or just lying around. If you find one bring it to the CM and they will give you a certificate to use as a fast pass for Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain for up to 6 people. They don't mention it to people, so your chances of finding a brush are pretty good. Some people like the island, but I think it's pretty boring. You just walk around some paths and go into some caves. My son was excited to find the brush.

pigby said:
Hi we were were exactly the same time. We thought that Monday at MK (not EMH day) was much busier than the Thursday (EMH morning) so bang goes that theory!) Our longest wait was at Pirates - only one side was open - posted wait 20 minutes , actual wait 30 minutes. Peter Pan had long lines too and you definitely needed a fast pass for that.

We found that posted waits on some rides were way out of line. Posted wait for Tower of Terror on Friday was 30 minutes but was actually a walk on.

We visited all the Disney parks, Seaworld, Busch, IOA and US in our 14 days and by far the longest waits were at Busch Gardens - 45 minutes for Sheikra, Kumba and Gwazi - Montu was more or less a walk on (must have hit this one at the right time)

We didn't go to MK on Monday, because I had heard that Mondays was a busy time for MK. We did MK on Sunday Night, Tues Morning and Fri Morning. It was empty on those days. I also noticed that the posted times were wrong. Space Mountain said 90 mins, but the CM said it wasn't that long. He was right, we just walked right on.

ILVPOOH said:
We didn't go to MK on Monday, because I had heard that Mondays was a busy time for MK. We did MK on Sunday Night, Tues Morning and Fri Morning. It was empty on those days. I also noticed that the posted times were wrong. Space Mountain said 90 mins, but the CM said it wasn't that long. He was right, we just walked right on.

Tuesday is always our MK day. LAst year was a breeze. Longest wait was one ride, 20 minutes. All others were 10 minutes and under, including many walk ons.

We were there last week too, and we also found it was totally empty! I think a lot of it had to do with the "hurricane". I talked to plenty of guests on Monday and Tuesday who were cutting their trip early because of the storm, since it had everyone spooked. Even on Tuesday after the storm had been downgraded, the local weather was still predicting lots and lots of torrential rain (which never came). I honestly think it scared people away! For us it was great. The rain was nothing, and we were able to do so much in such a short amount of time. By Friday the crowds had already picked up again. Now DH and I are spoiled! The longest we waited for a ride was 25 minutes, and that was rare. Most rides we literally walked onto. :banana:

we were there 8/25-9/2....

Weds (ernesto day) was wonderful at MK. We had the park to ourselves!!
We had no waits at all either....the whole week. It was really great and the heat wasn't as bad as it has been on other trips....always have gone the same week.

We were also there from August 19th to September 1st and we found no waits at all. The most we may have waited was 10 minutes which is a big change from when we usually go around fourth of July... We had the best time and rode many things several times... We mostly walked on to every ride. We also went to IOA and had no wait time there either. We also went to the Kingdom on Wednesday when Ernesto arrived and it was great... It didn't rain for part of the day and when it started raining it wasn't bad at all. We stayed until the park closed and it felt like we had the the Magic Kingdom all to ourselves!!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter