no upgrade for us

ronandot

Earning My Ears
Well, it's official, no upgrade for us. Cat 10 GTY turned out to be just that. Unfortunately, we are on deck 2 right under the Rockin Bar. Great! Tried to upgrade and in a matter of two hours, the Cat 9 GTY's disappeared. (You snooze you lose!) The only other cabin available was a Cat 3 (yeah right!) or Cat 4. Oh well, still happy to be on. We will still continue to check on availability until we sail. Looks like the ship will be full.

ronandot -

Don't lose hope. I've heard of people being surprised at port too.

However, YOU ARE GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE! You will be on the boat, my friend. That's all that counts. Have a wonderful time.

Denae

Originally posted by ronandot
Well, it's official, no upgrade for us. Cat 10 GTY turned out to be just that. Unfortunately, we are on deck 2 right under the Rockin Bar. Great! Tried to upgrade and in a matter of two hours, the Cat 9 GTY's disappeared. (You snooze you lose!) The only other cabin available was a Cat 3 (yeah right!) or Cat 4. Oh well, still happy to be on. We will still continue to check on availability until we sail. Looks like the ship will be full.

When is your cruise? Is it a 3-day, 4-day or 7-day?

no upgrade for us
Not to sound to harsh here but DUH!!

Upgrades really don't happen as often as it might appear here on the boards. You might see the same "I got upgraded" thread several times and not realize it (it moves off of the first page or two, then someone responds and it's up front again "Hey someone else got upgraded". If 5% of the rooms get upgraded thats only 40 or so rooms (and I believe that 5% is a way high number!)

Enjoy your cruise. We had a Cat 10 on Deck 2 and loved it. When we would need to go someplace on the ship, we would determine if it was forward, mid or aft then walk the halls on deck two and the "pop up" where we wanted. For dinners this saves a lot of time because decks 3,4 & 5 are very congested during the dinner and show times. Another advantage of Deck 2 is that when you want to get up to deck 9 or 10 there are a LOT of stairs to climb. This gets you your exercise so you can enjoy those great dinners and desserts. Yea, the first 2 days its a very tiring climb, but then you actually start developing some muscles and getting into shape.

Have a great trip!!

Ouch :eek: that last one hurt a little.....just kidding :earsboy: Availability within the last two weeks of sailing is kind of like the weather in the South...always changing. We were able to grab a Cat 9 OV this morning for a small additional fee. Not an option yesterday or when we originally booked. Still a GTY, but at least with a view which will probably be appreciated on a 7 nighter. This is our first cruise so we are looking forward to having some opinions of our own to share after we return. This board has been a tremendous source of information. Thanks!

Sometimes upgrades happen at the last minute. We were upgraded two days before we were scheduled to leave on our cruise last summer--from at cat. 8 to a cat. 6. Unfortunately, we had to cancel later that night as we had to fly home due to my father dying.

So don't give up!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter