• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Target Thread???

Thank you Damo!! And you're right, "Journey Girls" is the Toys R Us line. Duh. I will tell dd we will have some choice once we get home, but it sounds like she'll still want to spend a chunk of her vacation money while we're away.

I visited the East York Target for the first time today. I was halfway home before I realized that it didn't have a produce section or bakery or prepared food section. Do the other Targets have these?

Thank you Damo!! And you're right, "Journey Girls" is the Toys R Us line. Duh. I will tell dd we will have some choice once we get home, but it sounds like she'll still want to spend a chunk of her vacation money while we're away.

We have gotten a few outfits at our new Target for the DD's American Girls. The our generation standard outfits were $12.99 and the fancier outfits (with a hat for instance) were $16.99 . Really cute! DH just shook his head....;)

I visited the East York Target for the first time today. I was halfway home before I realized that it didn't have a produce section or bakery or prepared food section. Do the other Targets have these?

I was in the Burlington store yesterday and they have a small bakery and prepared food section. No produce that I recall. It is a much smaller grocery area than Walmart.

I was in the Burlington store yesterday and they have a small bakery and prepared food section. No produce that I recall. It is a much smaller grocery area than Walmart.

Thanks. I lived in MN for 7 years before moving back to T.O. where I grew up. I got spoiled by my local SuperTarget. It was pretty much the same as the one in Kissimmee, FL. I was expecting/hoping for a normal sized grocery section in Toronto. Ah well, it just means I won't be shopping there on a regular basis.

Of course the Target near me at Shoppers World Danforth isn't opening until March 28 when I will be in Washington.

I prefer the SuperTargets over the regular Targets. Hopefully they will open some eventually.

I'm really hoping there will be Disney gift cards when the store are fully stocked. popcorn::

I always go to Target in the US so I was so excited that they would be coming to Canada. The Targets in my city will not open until the fall :sad1: but I was able to check the one in Lindsay over the Easter weekend with my Mom.

BTW I did hear that their shipping centre is in or by Milton so maybe that is why it opened first?

The prices were OK but they will never be as cheap as Walmart..however, I love the shopping in Target-its visually appealing-bright, clean, attractive and have Starbucks! So shopping in Target is worth the extra dollar or two for me :)

I compared the prices of what I bought and the dress I bought was 27.99 in the US and 34.99 here. My shoes were only two dollars more expensive! Not the same but if I were to factor gas, etc to get to the closest American one then its worth it (our wages are higher here PLUS everything has to be translated into French and tarrifs and so many other reasons why some things are somewhat higher) Target outright said that they only have to compete with Canadian stores so if you still got the US then they are still making money. I wish it was just as cheap but I am just happy they are here! :thumbsup2

I love their makeup line...which I STILL dont understand why we dont get Neutrogina makeup here...ggrrrr.

What are your favourite Target must haves/buy? Food, makeup, etc etc??

Disappointed in selection of clothes much prefer the Zellers stores they are replacing. For price and selection i will likely shop at walmart now whereas i always shopped zellers before. I guess we will have to see what competition does and what kind of sales they have too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was extremely disappointed with Target. I was all excited when we finally got one because I always go to the one in the States but it wasn't what I expected. I knew it wasn't going to be the same price wise but I at least thought it would be on par with Walmart here but it isn't, it's more expensive. I will still shop there and have but just let down a bit. I do like though that the one on Appleby in Burlington is literally a mirror image for set up as in the states. Has anyone else noticed that. That gives me a somewhat warm & fuzzy feeling when I can't get over the border when I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I went to the one in London this weekend and was fairly impressed. I was never expecting it to be as cheap as Walmart so no disappointment there. It was clean and bright, the employees were friendly and helpful and overall it was about 1000 times more pleasant than any Walmart I have been to so it gets points there. Starbucks was a nice perk as well. I'm looking forward to when our local store opens. It will still be a half hour away so I am not expecting to go often.

I've been to both the Guelph and Fergus stores. Same stuff. Stores are not fully stocked though, still about 1/3 empty. Lots of suits running around from different stores, learning so that when their stores open they will have an idea what to expect.

Prices are all over the place, (some better, some worse than Walmart) you really have to know to compare.

I applied for the Red Card a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. The 5% off will be nice. I'm hoping like in the US that it will apply to everything including gift cards, guess we'll wait and see...

Target Red Card 5% discount does not apply to gift cards as listed as gift cards. Disney, Starbucks and several others are listed as "entertainment" cards, and that is why the 5% discount applies. You will not get a 5% discount on a Target or VISA gift card, for example.

I did read the fine print and it did not say anything about excluding gift cards from the 5% discount. Doesn't surprise me though, and since I didn't see any Disney ones, it doesn't really matter...

Hmmm, so we can use our Canadian Red Cards in the US? I never thought of that...we'll be there in Oct before our PIF date of Dec ;)

The fine print absolutely says the 5% discount does not apply to gift cards...it's listed on the website, as well as in cardholder agreement. See my response above, as to why Disney gift cards are applicable for the 5% discount. No Disney gift cards at Target at this time, and I highly doubt they will get them. They only have a small selection of gift cards right now. Superstore actually blows them out of the water in terms of gift card selection, and even Shoppers has a good selection, but Canadian Targets have a very small selection.

If you applied for the Red Matercard card, you can use it in the US or anywhere else worldwide. The debit card, I'm not sure about.

Yes, you can use it as a Mastercard, but be aware that the 2.5% conversion fee will apply. You cannot use your Canadian Target card in the US to receive the 5% discount though. When I spoke to Target, they said they could not figure out a way to get both cards to work at this time, so like many other US/Canadian stores, we have to have both cards to use in our respective countries.

:surfweb:
I can't stand Walmart and hardly ever shop there, so very excited that Target is in Canada, as we shop at Targets when in the states, and have been shopping there for years.

We like Target here very much...shouldn't be the same price as in the states, just like Lowe's, Walmart, Home Depot and Costco are not the same price as in the states. We weren't expecting that, so not sure why others would either? Liked their good selection of health and beauty products and home products. As mentioned, Mickey/Minnie Method soap pumps are $3.99 at Canada Target, and I paid $3.49 at US Target and they are $5.99 at Shoppers.

I don't get the fascination people have with Walmart's prices being lower? Walmart has tricked people into thinking the prices are lower, when in many cases, they are not.

The first official price audit between Walmart and Target Canada came out, and the receipts were identical for food, health and beauty and paper products, but when you factor in the 5% discount that those of us get with Target card, the price was lower @ Target.

Target has better quality merchandise and better laid out stores than Walmart, IMHO, and we are glad it is finally here!

Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter