No Tank Tops for dinner - clarification

Would anyone know...what about on pirate night? If my daughter and I wore tank tops that fit the pirate-y theme and were very modest, but not necessarily dressy, do you think that would be acceptable? I'd hate to show up not dressed appropriately. TIA :flower3:

Pretty sure anything goes on Pirate Night.

as long as the tank top isn't one that would be worn to a gym I say it's fine to were in the MDR same with shorts if they are gym type then find a nicer pair.

Would anyone know...what about on pirate night? If my daughter and I wore tank tops that fit the pirate-y theme and were very modest, but not necessarily dressy, do you think that would be acceptable? I'd hate to show up not dressed appropriately. TIA :flower3:

That would absolutely be acceptable. You see everything on pirate night from costumes to just a t shirt with a skull on it. It isn't a "dress up" event at all and is very casual.

My understanding with Pirate day (frozen day, star wars day, etc) is you would dress accordingly to the theme of the day or what you would normally wear to that restaurant on a normal cruise day. Caveat: I've seen people consider "special" (not formal or semi-formal) days as dress down restaurant day.

I think if you're wearing a modest tank top within the realm of the theme, I wouldn't worry at all.

There was a man at a table near me wearing a tank top on pirate night. I don't think they cared too much since it was pirate night and it was animator's palate. Now in Palo/Remy I believe they are much more strict. We got a recorded message reminding us that there was a dress code and I think it was mentioned on our reservation card. As we were leaving, we heard the hostess talking to a man who had reservations in remy about long pants. He said he checked the shops and there were none available. They brought him a pair on a hanger. It surprises me that someone would embark on a 7 day cruise, especially intending to dine in Remy, without a single pair of long pants. But I don't judge, as it could be that something happened to his luggage, his pants tore or were otherwise unwearable or anything really. Not my business. Hubby was not pleased I made him put on long pants and a collared shirt for BRUNCH, but those are the rules for Palo.

There were plenty of ladies in sleeveless dresses and even some in tank tops I believe. My DD wore several sleeveless dresses. I always had a sweater my arms look fat and it gets cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter