No storm along Bay ?

I imagine the NBA players at yacht club will want it open
I thought about that scenario! They think folks who frequent Disney, especially BC/YC are ticked off now - if they close the pool to guests and allow NBA players to use it? Some very irate people. The good news is they seem to have put the teams least likely to qualify for the playoffs at YC - so they'll be going home sooner.

Aw come on. I am directly affected with a YC CL reservations for July 13 & Sept 12. But am I the only one who wants to see those NBA players walking around the 6+ deep areas that scare all 5 ft 2 of me ? I mean, just imagine it, the rest of us needing tubes to float around that lazy river, & they just walk around, no problem. :lmao:

The goal with the NBA is to limit the chances of exposure to COVID. So while at Disney, the teams and families will be in their own bubble. I would expect that the YC will have exclusive use of SAB. We know that certain restaurants at GF are not open to public, so wonder if the NBA teams get exclusive use of Citricos? But mingling will occur - heck you cant stop some wife from wandering over to the Boardwalk or walking from GS to the Poly. Or the resort monorails? Not sure how you are going to tell the kids they can't go to the parks either? Should be fun to watch.

Aw come on. I am directly affected with a YC CL reservations for July 13 & Sept 12. But am I the only one who wants to see those NBA players walking around the 6+ deep areas that scare all 5 ft 2 of me ? I mean, just imagine it, the rest of us needing tubes to float around that lazy river, & they just walk around, no problem. :lmao:
Except you'll only be able to see it in pictures - you won't get very close to it!!

The goal with the NBA is to limit the chances of exposure to COVID. So while at Disney, the teams and families will be in their own bubble. I would expect that the YC will have exclusive use of SAB. We know that certain restaurants at GF are not open to public, so wonder if the NBA teams get exclusive use of Citricos? But mingling will occur - heck you cant stop some wife from wandering over to the Boardwalk or walking from GS to the Poly. Or the resort monorails? Not sure how you are going to tell the kids they can't go to the parks either? Should be fun to watch.
I thought it's only the players and staff and press - no families in the 'bubble'. That's the point of doing all of it, to keep the players separate. At least that is what I thought I read.

I thought it's only the players and staff and press - no families in the 'bubble'. That's the point of doing all of it, to keep the players separate. At least that is what I thought I read.

I think families are invited to the bubble after the first round? But we've totally veered off topic (my bad, my off handed comment earlier)

. Families of players will arrive after the first round of the playoffs. Only three members of a player’s family can visit at one time, however.

That's what has been reported. I don't it's realistic to expect the players to not see their families for months?

. Families of players will arrive after the first round of the playoffs. Only three members of a player’s family can visit at one time, however.

That's what has been reported. I don't it's realistic to expect the players to not see their families for months?
It's all new and a crazy situation, so who knows. At least the NBA is making an effort to complete their season. The NHL had some movement, but seems stalled. And MLB is just lost totally.

I would expect any family members that join the 'bubble' later will likely need testing. At that point, they sure wouldn't want someone bring the virus into the bubble. It's a very interesting approach.

So paying guest (realized how obvious that statement is) are relocated from their choice hotel, must have a reservation for even a CHANCE to get in the Parks with reduced hours, (reason for...) but multi millionaire players, families, coaches, sports writers etc will have more guaranteed access to areas you are also paying for? Stay out of our bubble even though you payed for it? Seriously? The sports/Twitter writer, prior Disney CM, pretty much confirms of course they will have access to the Parks. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in favor of anyone buying their way at any facility, but not at the expense of guests who are being displaced from a vacation, most of who save and plan for a year, who are being asked to adjust their expectations of even experiencing the Parks, a specific restaurant, area of a resort or even the pool. Take over one of the great Disney convention hotels, isolate the whole thing, restaurant, pool etc. That would appear to be more equitable to all involved. Isn't that why the convention towers etc were built in the first place? Isolate to a degree the conventioneers from the vacationers? Incredibly disappointed in Disney.

So paying guest (realized how obvious that statement is) are relocated from their choice hotel, must have a reservation for even a CHANCE to get in the Parks with reduced hours, (reason for...) but multi millionaire players, families, coaches, sports writers etc will have more guaranteed access to areas you are also paying for? Stay out of our bubble even though you payed for it? Seriously? The sports/Twitter writer, prior Disney CM, pretty much confirms of course they will have access to the Parks. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in favor of anyone buying their way at any facility, but not at the expense of guests who are being displaced from a vacation, most of who save and plan for a year, who are being asked to adjust their expectations of even experiencing the Parks, a specific restaurant, area of a resort or even the pool. Take over one of the great Disney convention hotels, isolate the whole thing, restaurant, pool etc. That would appear to be more equitable to all involved. Isn't that why the convention towers etc were built in the first place? Isolate to a degree the conventioneers from the vacationers? Incredibly disappointed in Disney.
Sadly Disney has made it clear who they prefer to host and it isn't regular cash guests.

I agree this is awful. All of us have had reservations for ages, plane tickets, pet sitters and the worst thing is Disney doesn't even tell us. We find out on social media. They should be bending over backwards to rectify the situation, but it seems like they just don't care about their "guests" we are now just customers they don't care about.

I agree this is awful. All of us have had reservations for ages, plane tickets, pet sitters and the worst thing is Disney doesn't even tell us. We find out on social media. They should be bending over backwards to rectify the situation, but it seems like they just don't care about their "guests" we are now just customers they don't care about.

Actually the NBA has made it clear that the parks are off limits. But how do you enforce this? Literally would have to enforce this via the MagicBand at the turnstile or in the app. But I expect someone in the NBA's family will go to a park somehow.

Actually the NBA has made it clear that the parks are off limits. But how do you enforce this? Literally would have to enforce this via the MagicBand at the turnstile or in the app. But I expect someone in the NBA's family will go to a park somehow.
Curious where you are seeing this. I have been monitoring the twitter of the ex CM who according to himself, and those who are very grateful he was involved in establishing this connection, that they are going to the Parks. Granted it could be after early closings for the regular paying customers, 🙄, but special dinners, tours etc are being offered. Again, not a problem unless it's at the expense of those that had vacations planned and paid for. However, admission to the Park's still under a maybe you'll get in, maybe not, is an abhorrent policy to make the cash paying guests accept without condition and then give VIP status to other guests. Ridiculous. Disney needs to feel this policy.

I do not have any plans to go to Disney at this point, but as a DVC owner at BCV I have a serious issue if they are keeping SAB reserved for the NBA players at the YC. SAB is the reason we bought DVC at BCV, and I think that is the same for many. If I had a DVC reservation and they were not allowing access due the NBA I would be furious.

There is no way they have a bunch of nba guys sitting in sab while paying customers and more importantly DVC “owners” of the pool can’t go in you maniacs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter