No Sci Fi available last week of August

Bork

Goofy about Disney
I'm rearranging some ADRs after getting sticker shock on the character meals and buffets. We are paying out of pocket, so I was looking for some cheaper TS the last week in August. I checked multiple days and there is nothing available for Sci Fi.

Is this because of free dining? Do you think something will open up as we get closer?

Sci Fi has awesome atmosphere and low prices so it tends to be a favorite. It's possible someone will cancel something - it always is. Not surprised it is all reserved up though.

Keep checking. I had been trying to get a lunch reservation at Sci Fi for our trip in November and nothing was open.....until tonight! I finally got a 1:35 lunch reservation. It took me 3 weeks of constant checking - and something finally opened up.

I also been trying for Sci Fi for couple of weeks for November dinner and one day it magically appeared for 7:15 pm.

Don't give up and keep on trying. Just scored 50's dinner for 5:55 pm. Been trying for 3 weeks and all I was able to get was lunch and all of sudden 5:55 pm dinner appeared.

Depending on your party size I have also had luck going to SciFi as a walk-up. Sometimes they have third seats available for hitchhikers :)

We have a party of 4. Guess I'll just keep checking. It just seemed weird that there were openings at every other place, but Sci Fi.

I know. I've been checking for the exact same thing! I currently have a lunch adr at least, but I really wanted a dinner one.

Try signing up for the reservation finder on touring plans. You can do it without a paid subscription. Just search for basic access, sign up, then search for reservation finder. They will text/email you when a reservation is available.

I'm rearranging some ADRs after getting sticker shock on the character meals and buffets. We are paying out of pocket, so I was looking for some cheaper TS the last week in August. I checked multiple days and there is nothing available for Sci Fi.

Is this because of free dining? Do you think something will open up as we get closer?

You need to check very often throughout the day and also when it gets closer to your trip. Many People have some duplicate reservations and will cancel once their schedule is final.

I just booked one that magically appeared for August 20th.... it happens! Don't give up!

Check all the time if you don't find anything soon check a starting the week before you go people double book reservations and cancel the week and days before they go

I just had an 11:15 magically open up on August 31st. :yay:

Yayy!!!! Glad to see that you found one! Have a great time! Sci Fi is a huge favorite of ours! We actually ate there completely by accident for the first time after 50s Prime Time had to cancel our ADR due to a kitchen fire and offered us immediate seating there instead. : D

I was looking for some cheaper TS the last week in August. I checked multiple days and there is nothing available for Sci Fi.

Is this because of free dining?
Probably. Sci Fi is very popular and was a bit of a challenge to book even for our upcoming trip, when ADRs in general were unusually easy to book (even able to get BOG dinner, PPO breakfasts at Epcot, Beaches & Cream, Cali Grill for fireworks, etc., only about a month in advance). With free dining coinciding with your dates, that likely pushed availability for Sci Fi into the Twilight Zone.

Use Touring Plans reservation finder to try to snag a reservation.

Try signing up for the reservation finder on touring plans.

I this for the first time this week and it worked wonderfully. I got a reservation for Beaches and Cream for dinner next week at 6:10 (a nice, normal time) and then Sci-Fi at 5:20 next Friday (again, a nice, normal time).

There are few things that change the way I plan Disney but this is definitely one of them! Love that tool!

So, don't give up on finding reservations. . . magic happens every day!

We've found it's one of those places that doesn't seem like it would be popular, and people don't talk about it much, but it's always booked, and it's very hard to get in. We did once walk up and agree to wait for a stand-alone table (not a car) at the back. We waited about 45 minutes, but that could be an option if you're really into it.

At first I couldn't get one, but I think I managed to find a lunch res. Sept 2nd. (We're going the last week of August into Sept.) Keep searching! You never know when a reservation might be freed up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter