No rooms week of 11/8/15

NWADisney

Earning My Ears
anyone having trouble finding a room? usually slow time of year. anything I'm not aware of.

Welcome to the DIS!

Yes, I am finding no rooms with Florida resident rates for that same weekend - I don't think they are out yet.

But, 11/8 starts the Veteran's Day holiday weekend - the holiday is on Wed 11/11, so folks may be going for long weekends before the actual holiday or after it.

Epcot's Food and Wine Festival goes thru 11/16.

Christmas decorations will start appearing throughout the resorts & parks. The first Magic Kingdom Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties are 11/8, 11/10, 11/12 & 11/13.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios starts 11/6.

Welcome to the DIS!

Yes, I am finding no rooms with Florida resident rates for that same weekend - I don't think they are out yet.

But, 11/8 starts the Veteran's Day holiday weekend - the holiday is on Wed 11/11, so folks may be going for long weekends before the actual holiday or after it.

Epcot's Food and Wine Festival goes thru 11/16.

Christmas decorations will start appearing throughout the resorts & parks. The first Magic Kingdom Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties are 11/8, 11/10, 11/12 & 11/13.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios starts 11/6.

We've gone to WDW in the "off season" in the past. Hard to believe all rooms full except AK and no ADRs available. Hopefully something opens up in the system. Thanks for your info.

We've gone to WDW in the "off season" in the past. Hard to believe all rooms full except AK and no ADRs available. Hopefully something opens up in the system. Thanks for your info.
Free dining fills up rooms, as does Epcot Food and Wine and Veterans Day Weekend.
If you see something that works for you, you might grab it before someone else does. That goes for both dining and resorts.

We decided to extend our stay from Nov 9-11 for a few extra days are fun. We rented DVC points and there were zero rooms available (studio) except at SSR. I'm starting to get a little nervous that the parks are going to be packed.

We decided to extend our stay from Nov 9-11 for a few extra days are fun. We rented DVC points and there were zero rooms available (studio) except at SSR. I'm starting to get a little nervous that the parks are going to be packed.

It appears the parks are going to be very busy if the hotels are all full and limited ADR available. Just being on vacation with my family is always great at WDW anyway.

Still looking for something at POP Century or Port Orleans and nothing available for 11/7 - 11/10!

Still looking for something at POP Century or Port Orleans and nothing available for 11/7 - 11/10!

Don't expect the 11/7-11/8 availability to open. The Wine and Dine Half Marathon happens then. A lot of people won't be checking out until 11/9. They may not be in the parks but the hotels will be full 11/6-11/9 since it is a night race most racers will take Monday off and use Sunday as a relax day.

Don't expect the 11/7-11/8 availability to open. The Wine and Dine Half Marathon happens then. A lot of people won't be checking out until 11/9. They may not be in the parks but the hotels will be full 11/6-11/9 since it is a night race most racers will take Monday off and use Sunday as a relax day.

This. Quite a lot of availability for that weekend was gone in March after the half marathon registration. The rest disappeared when Free Dining came out. Both POP Century and Port Orleans are race "host resorts", so I would not expect any availability to open up at either one. The hotels that are NOT host resorts (CS, AoA, AKL, BWI, CR, GF) would be your best bet.

THat's also "Jersey Week" time...add that to the marathon, F&W, free dining, Columbus Day...SUPER busy time to be here.

This. Quite a lot of availability for that weekend was gone in March after the half marathon registration. The rest disappeared when Free Dining came out. Both POP Century and Port Orleans are race "host resorts", so I would not expect any availability to open up at either one. The hotels that are NOT host resorts (CS, AoA, AKL, BWI, CR, GF) would be your best bet.
That explains it. (Dh has been wanting to go on a DCL cruise that weekend out of Miami - we live in South Florida - so this may clench it!)

Have you tried any of the travel sites like Orbitz? Just grasping at straws but, that could help. Also, checking with Disney Travel to see if you have a pin code? Also, adding days before or after if you are flexible helps too. Some resorts will show availability for 7 nights but not 5? It's odd but, that's the way I have seen availability pop up. Also, check with reputable TA in case they have blocked rooms they can offer deals on. A split stay might help open availability too. I'm no expert but, just passing info along that I have personally come across or heard on the DIS from others. Good Luck!!!

WOW - this was pretty amazing. As I mentioned above, we wanted POP Century or Port Orleans for Nov 7-10. Nothing available. I kept checking on-line - nothing. Today I called and they had All Star Sports available. Now I would never stay there - way too far out, just don't like it - but I went ahead and booked it and figured I would keep checking for other openings.

Tonight when I checked on-line - nothing available at those 2 resorts. (And, I do not want to pay a fortune for deluxe, or CL, when we could go on a cruise for what some of those rooms are going for.) Any hoo, I signed into My Disney Experience and went to my reservations. It shows I could make changes to the ressie, so I clicked on change resort and POP Century was available! So, I switched it just now. It never showed up just on-line - only thru my reservations! I got a rack rate, now I will keep checking back for a Florida Resident rate as that is another change you can make yourself on the ressie - no need to call!

Exactly. And POP and POR/POFQ are host resorts, so those running the races will be concentrated there (and the others - All Stars, CBR, Ploy Village, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk, and SSR) because those are the only resorts that runDisney will provide transportation from. Yes, runners who have cars and don't mind driving in the madness that is a Disney race weekend or paying for a cab might be staying at other resorts, but my guess is the vast majority are going to be at the host resorts.

Edited to add: And whereas availability can open up at the 45-day mark for those on packages who decide to cancel, the race is non-refundable so people are pretty much locked into going (not sure about the deferral period, but usually that fills quickly if people think they won't be able to do the race so they have a guaranteed spot next year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter