• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

no rooms left?

mbzelt

Earning My Ears
Are the WDW resorts really completely full the week before Thanksgiving? I know Veteran's Day wknd is busy, but according to the crowd calendars, the 13th thru the 16th look light to moderate. Weird that there are no rooms left, not even at the rack rate? Any ideas?

The first weekend will be very busy- Food & wine and veteran's day, are your dates arriving anytime from Sat-Monday of that weekend 9th-12th, people might stay until the 13th too. We go that week every year for a while now and that first weekend is pretty busy, the rest of the week is slower but not empty.

Are the WDW resorts really completely full the week before Thanksgiving? I know Veteran's Day wknd is busy, but according to the crowd calendars, the 13th thru the 16th look light to moderate. Weird that there are no rooms left, not even at the rack rate? Any ideas?

It's actual full - I think it's a surprise since that's not something that typically happens. But getting a room at rack rate isn't even happening for most people that week.

I was told that there were various conferences going on and also some race the two weeks prior to Thanksgiving when I called.:confused3

It's kind of the trifecta of disney world stuff going on the weekend prior. Last weekend of food and wine, a marathon, several conventions, Art show at DTD disney.

You may be finding that only one or 2 days of your attempted stay are full so that would mean it's saying no availability at all. You could try playing around with your dates and see if you can find rooms available then.

There's also a golf tournament and the end of Jersey week. The 10th has been completely sold out for awhile so if that's one of your nights that's probably why

Thanks! We already have ressies @POR. We're planning to hang at the resort and DTD over the weekend and avoid the parks until Monday. I was just playing around and thought it strange that even mid-week was full. Both touringplans and easywdw have low/mod crowds predicted for most of that week. We go almost every year this time of year. It's never empty, but the crowds are at a minimum. Maybe there are a lot of conferences during the week. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

I know it is not a "Disney" property but the Dolphin/Swan has availability at that time.

I'm in the same boat and grabbed a room figuring we're only in our room to sleep...

It also looks like some of the value resorts have opened up some rooms as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter