No rooms available 2/6 - 2/10???

Blessedx3

Mouseketeer
Is there something going on that during Feb? I was thinking about booking an quick trip for my little buys 3rd birthday. I don't normally wait until the last minute to plan but didn't really thinking about going until tonight. What am I missing??? Please send my pixie dust my way!

There are conventions and cheerleading competitions. You'll have better luck at moderate & deluxe resorts, since the values may be full.

OHHH good to know. I had heard about a big convention but knew nothing about the cheerleading. We did end up finding a split stay between BC & Contemprorary CL. The nice CM said something may turn up where we don't have to move. Not to shabby. Never stayed either place so it should be fun! Big surprise for a big 3rd birthday....:banana:

My SIL is coming in for a convention and his entire convention is staying at CSR. That is also were the meetings are being held. I'm not sure of the size, but spouses and families can go too. I'll ask the size. So moderates are affected also. I did hear a cheer group will be staying at WDW during the same time.

Anyone know the dates of this big convention? We arrive at CSR on February 15. I tried getting a room starting February 12 and had no luck.
Thanks!

We are planning on going Feb 5-10 and have had a hard time finding a place to stay on property. Will the parks be packed with the conventions and cheerleading events going on?

The Nat. Dance competition is Feb 1 -4 and the Cheerleading competition is Feb 4 - 8. They were offered packages at all of the values and CBR.

Most, if not all Louisiana, South Mississippi and Alabama schools are out for Mardi Gras vacation the week of Feb 4-8. Not all school districts give the entire week off, but definately the 4th & 5th. A lot of families go during this time because the weather is great and this year it falls during value season. If you are at WDW during this time you will definately be hearing a lot of southern accents! I wish we were going, but we were just there around Christmas!

Is it really busy in the parks? We will only be at the parks one day. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I had to be very flexible with my resorts to get anything. Nothing was avaliable at just one resort. But the CM also said people cancel all the time and to keep trying. We were just there in Dec too. And the crowds were great.

Most, if not all Louisiana, South Mississippi and Alabama schools are out for Mardi Gras vacation the week of Feb 4-8. Not all school districts give the entire week off, but definately the 4th & 5th. A lot of families go during this time because the weather is great and this year it falls during value season. If you are at WDW during this time you will definately be hearing a lot of southern accents! I wish we were going, but we were just there around Christmas!

I am in Louisiana and only know of schools anywhere around here getting that Monday & Tuesday off - never heard of a full week but boy that would be nice!
But I know the cheerleaders for our local HS will also be there competeing in the Nationals, go LOHS! :thumbsup2

i found rooms @ ASM and SSR. we will be there 2/7-2/11 and were looking for a friend's family. there is Pirate's & Princess Party on 2/9..sweetheart's weekend @ DDD and i know of 6 weddings happening between 2/6-2/8..that's a lot of guests! good luck, we ended up booking through a dvc member but not sure if that helps!

Finally08....Hey I live in Watson too! I was talking about mostly private schools that get the whole week off for Mardi Gras. I am so excited for our local schools both the high school and the middle school are going to finals. I think Walker Jr. High is going, too. No matter when you go to WDW you will have a wonderful time, don't worry about the crowd level... just enjoy your magical trip!

Finally08....Hey I live in Watson too! I was talking about mostly private schools that get the whole week off for Mardi Gras. I am so excited for our local schools both the high school and the middle school are going to finals. I think Walker Jr. High is going, too. No matter when you go to WDW you will have a wonderful time, don't worry about the crowd level... just enjoy your magical trip!

Ah, it really is a small world after all. :rotfl2:

I had no idea private schools got the whole week off! But then, I don't know anyone that uses one, so that's probaby why.

I was excited when I heard about the LOHS cheerleaders, especially since I had just finished doing senior pics for one of the girls, and another I am doing a mentorship thing with. I wish they were competing on a day we were there to see them, but we'll already be cruising. pirate:

Finally08,
We do all star cheerleading in Baton Rouge so most of the kids there go to private schools. My dd's go to South Live Oak. I wish we were going to be at WDW for Mardi Gras, but we just got back in Dec. I am now planning our November trip, it seems like a really long time from now!!!! Have fun on your cruise!

It is also Disney's Field Hockey Showcase Feb 7-10. There are going to be lots of teenagers running around!

Hi all you cajuns!!!!

I know St charles, Jefferson and Orleans for sure have the entire week off. I am not sure of the other parishes though. My kids have Feb 2- 10 off.

I know many families who will be there for Mardi gras... its actually starting to scare me because everywhere I turn someone else I know is going :rotfl:

I know GF has a big convention that week and it has been booked solid for a few months now.

I think Disney is going to be SLAMMED packed, much more than any expert thinks it will be. Every time I log on here I see more and more families who are going that week... and this is a great board but only represents a small fraction of Disney guest.

Go and have fun but make sure to have a plan B just in case its crowded on certain days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter