No reviews of Cypress Pointe LBV?

k-herm

Mouseketeer
This place doesn't seem popular with UK DISers - I've done searches but not much comes up and nothing recent at all.

The Americans seem to use and enjoy it judging by their views on the US side of the forum and they do often get good deals with hotelkingdom's site.

I've looked at UK reviews at the tripadviser site and they are mixed (although it seems that the phase 1 part is the cause of most complaints - phase 2 {Grand Villas} does get a much better, often excellent, rating).

I quite fancy the idea of staying at LBV: more central than the usual villa locations if you are doing more than just Disney.

So.....why are you DISers not staying here?

The condos(?) at CP have all the amenities I would need, including washer/drier, kitchen, proper separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, etc.
Also, I would be within walking distance of restaurants and shops but also have a bit more quiet than I-Drive.

I realise the pools are communial and the standard of furnishings will not be as high as a villa's but I think I would rather have location over these points.

Maybe I've missed something obviously bad about CP and I would be interested to hear your informed opinions.

Thanks.

Hi

I have not stayed here yet, I am planning to stay here in October though.
I know some UK people that have recently returned from staying at CP and say that it was a lovely resort.
I've heard the loctation is brilliant for restaraunts, WDW parks and more.

I will let you know what I think of it when I return in November.:D

Hi,

I HAVE stayed there! I booked through Virgin Holidays when tghey had it in their brochure.I loved it at Cypress Pointe,I'm not sure what part I was in though!

We really liked staying in Lake Buena Vista,it's my favourite area to stay in.It is close to Disney and DownTown Disney and easy to get everywhere.

We really liked Cypress Pointe and would happily stay there again.The only reason we didn't is we have stayed in villas since then.The first villa we stayed in we hated so much I wanted to leave and book into Cypress Pointe but couldn't afford to!pay twice for accomodation.

The apartments have everything in them you need,washer and dryer etc.Open plan kitchen and lovely spa bath in the main bedroom too!We stayed in a 2-bed apartment with 3 kids.One used the sleeper sofa in the main room and that worked out fine.I asked for a pool view and technically you could see the pool from the wondows,but you also get a small balcony with table and chairs,this unfortunatley overlooked the car park! So I would request a pool view from the balcony to make sure!I asked not to be on the ground floor and sure enough we were on the ground flooor.Don't unpack I said! I asked to be moved higher and we were.With the balcony it would be far too vulnerable to be placed on the ground floor,don't accept that if you're placed there.

We love going to the cinema and seeing films not out in the UK,that year in Cypress pointe we didn't need to go to the cinema as you can buy the latest films off their TV system,great for relaxing evenings.

The pool and jacuzzi was very nice and there is a main pool that you can walk to with a Volcano and vollyball sandy bit etc.I think there is crazy gold anthough we didn't play it.

If you think of anything else,ask away::yes::

squitty,
I hope your trip turns out to be all you hope for and I will be very interested in reading any comments on your return.

We're not going 'till NEXT October :( :( :(

kazzie,
Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad they are positive ones!
The one question that springs to mind is why are you now doing villas? What do YOU get from a villa holiday that you don't get at
CP?

Hi,

I think the simple and predominant reason is having our own pool:tongue:

Thanks kazzie.

I have thought of more questions:rolleyes:

Are the rooms in CP separated with 'proper' walls? I've looked at some rooms in other resorts which seem to have slim/thin partions between areas. What I mean is, is it like staying in a flat or more like a large hotel room with flimsy partitions?

Also, we will be 2 adults and 3 children - I know we could fit in a 2 bed room and use the sofabed like you did, BUT how practical did you find this set-up? We have done this kind of room before in the UK for a long weekend but for a 2 week stay I think we might prefer to have the living room to ourselves in the evening (I do love my kid's company, honestly;)). In your opinion, would it be worthwhile to pay extra and book a 3 bedroom apartment?

Thanks again,
k-herm

Hi,

As I remember the wall were normall walls,not the paper thin ones I know you're talking about.

My honest opinion of would I pay the differnce for a 3 bed apartment--YES::yes:: One of children who was 'scared' to sleep on the sofa bed so slept in a bedroom wakes earlier than the others so would get up and disturb the child sleeping on the sofa bed.So he'd yell at him and so on!If it's affordable I do think it would make a differnece.

That way if someone wakes earlier they can quietly watch TV have a bowl of cereal,drink etc. and other family members who need a bit more sleep aren't disturbed!:tongue:

Plus the reason you said,to have some adult time in the evening is important too:hyper:

wE HAVE STAYED AT CP ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS AND HAVE ENJOYED IT EACH TIME. THE BEST THING ISITS LOCATION .ITS CENTRAL TO DISNEY UNIVERSAL AND SEA WORLD.IF YOU DO STAY THERE LOOK OUT FOR A ROAD ST THE BACK OF CP CALLED TURKEY LAKE ROAD IT RUNS ALONG SIDE THE I4 AND IS A QUICK ROUTE TO BOTH SEAWORLD AND UNIVERSAL.
DO NOT DO NOT GO TO THE NY CHINESE ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET CLOSE BY CP MY DAUGHTER FOUND A PACKING STAPLE IN HER EGG ROLL!!!!
DO TRY MACARONI GRILL AND CHILLIS AND GIORDANNI'S CLOSE BY CP
FOR ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST AND EVENING MEALS GO TO GOLDEN CORRAL JUST UNDER THE I4 ON YOUR LEFT.

Thanks for that kipper.

Is there a particular place that has given you a good deal on your CP rates?

k-herm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter