No reservations

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by luckyman_apd, Jan 31, 2013.

1. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

So, if you are visiting during a very busy time (like Good Friday) and a restaurant does not have any ADR's available, do they still accept walk ups?

We are staying for a night before we head out on a cruise, and we want to take my son to T-rex in DTD, but no ADRs are available. We've never done a walk up before. IF we are going to do a sit down, we usually plan ahead, but this is a last minute idea to spend a night there.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

keep trying..
    Sometimes people do cancel and sometimes they dont...
    But keep on looking it up or calling dining reservations..

We did this one year and we finally were able to get a meal at a restaurant that we liked..

have fun

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I'd also call Trex directly - they don't open many reservations up to Disney bookings. Calling gives you a better shot at an ADR time.

If nothing still... it's just a toss up. Weekends are busier at DTD. People don't eat meat on Good Friday right? Or do they? Maybe you'll get lucky since it's a meaty kinda place!

5. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

HA didn't think of that. I'm not Catholic so we don't partake in the meat/no meat thing. Good Call!

6. lemondog

lemondog <font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too

Honestly I think it depends on the restaurant. I have seen some take walkups, others have flat out refused all walkups even when they didn't seem overly full. My suggestion would be to check every day, 3x a day until you leave. I bet something will open up!

7. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

When we couldn't get an ADR through the Disney site, we just called the restaurant directly. They had all times available for every night we were there. Try calling at 407-828-8739.

8. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

y:thumbsup2 Same here, we called direct 2 weeks before our trip, (spring break), and were given any time we wanted. They said that they only give Disney a small amount of availability, and it books fast. But I am sure you will get one if you call them direct

9. MommaBarb

MommaBarb Mouseketeer

Last year we just walked up to TRex...this was the week before Easter so a BUSY time. The wait was shorter than we were quoted, so that was good.

10. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Yes call Trex direct. Way better chance of getting a ressie. Love this place!

11. Princess Leia

Princess Leia DIS Veteran

We have the same problem with T-rex for our holiday in July. My son really wants to go. I have tried and retried every night during the fortnight we're there and couldn't get one. I could get a 4pm but wouldn't want to eat my evening meal that early. I think I will probably book a lunch and work round it. I can always check when I get there and change to an evening one. I had no idea it would be so difficult to get. Be our Guest was much easier. Hope it works out for you. Have a great holiday. :sulley:

12. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Call T-Rex directly. They only release a very small amount of tables to Disney. Call them and you shouldn't have a problem.

13. Princess Leia

Princess Leia DIS Veteran

Thanks Jennylyn for the advice. :thumbsup2That explains the difficulty in getting a reservation. I think since it is an international call I will wait until I get to Florida. I remember in days gone by when you had to book all dining reservations by phone. They couldn't understand my Scottish accent (and it is not that strong!).