No reservations

luckyman_apd

DIS Veteran
So, if you are visiting during a very busy time (like Good Friday) and a restaurant does not have any ADR's available, do they still accept walk ups?

We are staying for a night before we head out on a cruise, and we want to take my son to T-rex in DTD, but no ADRs are available. We've never done a walk up before. IF we are going to do a sit down, we usually plan ahead, but this is a last minute idea to spend a night there.

keep trying..
Sometimes people do cancel and sometimes they dont...
But keep on looking it up or calling dining reservations..

We did this one year and we finally were able to get a meal at a restaurant that we liked..

have fun

I'd also call Trex directly - they don't open many reservations up to Disney bookings. Calling gives you a better shot at an ADR time.

If nothing still... it's just a toss up. Weekends are busier at DTD. People don't eat meat on Good Friday right? Or do they? Maybe you'll get lucky since it's a meaty kinda place!

I'd also call Trex directly - they don't open many reservations up to Disney bookings. Calling gives you a better shot at an ADR time.

If nothing still... it's just a toss up. Weekends are busier at DTD. People don't eat meat on Good Friday right? Or do they? Maybe you'll get lucky since it's a meaty kinda place!

HA didn't think of that. I'm not Catholic so we don't partake in the meat/no meat thing. Good Call!

Honestly I think it depends on the restaurant. I have seen some take walkups, others have flat out refused all walkups even when they didn't seem overly full. My suggestion would be to check every day, 3x a day until you leave. I bet something will open up!

When we couldn't get an ADR through the Disney site, we just called the restaurant directly. They had all times available for every night we were there. Try calling at 407-828-8739.

When we couldn't get an ADR through the Disney site, we just called the restaurant directly. They had all times available for every night we were there. Try calling at 407-828-8739.

y:thumbsup2 Same here, we called direct 2 weeks before our trip, (spring break), and were given any time we wanted. They said that they only give Disney a small amount of availability, and it books fast. But I am sure you will get one if you call them direct

Last year we just walked up to TRex...this was the week before Easter so a BUSY time. The wait was shorter than we were quoted, so that was good.

Yes call Trex direct. Way better chance of getting a ressie. Love this place!

So, if you are visiting during a very busy time (like Good Friday) and a restaurant does not have any ADR's available, do they still accept walk ups?

We are staying for a night before we head out on a cruise, and we want to take my son to T-rex in DTD, but no ADRs are available. We've never done a walk up before. IF we are going to do a sit down, we usually plan ahead, but this is a last minute idea to spend a night there.

We have the same problem with T-rex for our holiday in July. My son really wants to go. I have tried and retried every night during the fortnight we're there and couldn't get one. I could get a 4pm but wouldn't want to eat my evening meal that early. I think I will probably book a lunch and work round it. I can always check when I get there and change to an evening one. I had no idea it would be so difficult to get. Be our Guest was much easier. Hope it works out for you. Have a great holiday. :sulley:

Princess Leia said:
We have the same problem with T-rex for our holiday in July. My son really wants to go. I have tried and retried every night during the fortnight we're there and couldn't get one. I could get a 4pm but wouldn't want to eat my evening meal that early. I think I will probably book a lunch and work round it. I can always check when I get there and change to an evening one. I had no idea it would be so difficult to get. Be our Guest was much easier. Hope it works out for you. Have a great holiday. :sulley:

Call T-Rex directly. They only release a very small amount of tables to Disney. Call them and you shouldn't have a problem.

Call T-Rex directly. They only release a very small amount of tables to Disney. Call them and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks Jennylyn for the advice. :thumbsup2That explains the difficulty in getting a reservation. I think since it is an international call I will wait until I get to Florida. I remember in days gone by when you had to book all dining reservations by phone. They couldn't understand my Scottish accent (and it is not that strong!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter