No reservations at Liberty Tavern

For the long weekend we are going down (very end of november) there are no available reservations for Liberty Tavern. I find this hard to believe since it's supposed to be a low crowd time of year, but anyway...

Anyone experience there being a chance to just walk up and get in?

We have walked up a couple of times (even during Summer) at the start of lunch. We were seated within 10 mins!

It's slow but not dead. There will be some Thanksgiving leftover guests. Also, few otions in MK lead to a lot of dates with no ADR availability. They don't save tables for walkups so your best bet is kiip checking. Cancelations do happen. Good luck either way.

We are going from Nov 29th - Dec 9th and we found that ADRs are hard to find as well. We were surprised since it is supposed to be a slower time of year. I know that it's also Pop Warner week at Disney...wonder if they set aside blocks of ADRs for those who will be staying onsite for Pop Warner week? It's also free dining too so that could have something to do with it?

Pop Warner week???

Oh boy- did I pick a bad weekend to try out All Star Sports?

Should I call and *try* to request a certain area?

Are you just going to be there for the weekend? We have a ressie for Wed Dec 5th at 5:30 for 2 that we will be cancelling. Since they changed the hours for that day and they cancelled the parade and Wishes is at 6, I don't want it. I'd rather see Wishes!!

We have walked up a couple of times (even during Summer) at the start of lunch. We were seated within 10 mins!

this would be my suggestion. one time we were asked to please come in bc there was no one there. place was empty.

I once read that 4:00 was the best time to try for a walk in at all of the restaurants. Good luck!

They do not set aside "blocks" of ADRS for anybody, if the groups are going to eat in the restaurants they need to reserve through group dining.

MK has so few table service dining options that they book up quickly. It's not surprising. Especially the first week of December which is not a slow time.

We are going from Nov 29th - Dec 9th and we found that ADRs are hard to find as well. We were surprised since it is supposed to be a slower time of year. I know that it's also Pop Warner week at Disney...wonder if they set aside blocks of ADRs for those who will be staying onsite for Pop Warner week? It's also free dining too so that could have something to do with it?

December 6th is when New Fantasyland opens. There will be a number of VIP events going on in the BOG (which had basically no ADRs available for that week), which means everyone who was interested in eating there that week got pushed toward other dining venues. And there will be more potential diners than usual, since people who would never otherwise consider eating in the MK are now interested, due to wanting to see the new expansion.

The first week of December may actually turn out to be fairly busy, at least in the Magic Kingdom.

Free dining is also a factor. The Pop Warner kids shouldn't have much impact on dining, though.

We've been there the week after Thanksgiving the last 3 years. It is free dining and that makes ADRs hard to get and the restaurants absolutely packed. I spent a good two months trying every day to get an LTT ADR one of those years. We have watched numerous people turned away from restaurants during that week. On the bright side, while the restaurants are packed, the parks themselves aren't bad at all.

December 6th is when New Fantasyland opens. There will be a number of VIP events going on in the BOG (which had basically no ADRs available for that week), which means everyone who was interested in eating there that week got pushed toward other dining venues. And there will be more potential diners than usual, since people who would never otherwise consider eating in the MK are now interested, due to wanting to see the new expansion.

The first week of December may actually turn out to be fairly busy, at least in the Magic Kingdom.

Free dining is also a factor. The Pop Warner kids shouldn't have much impact on dining, though.

This. And not a lot of sit down options at MK. We will be there mid-December but did not book LTT. When there is free dining everyone has the dining plan so sit down places get booked up months in advance.

Pop Warner week???

Oh boy- did I pick a bad weekend to try out All Star Sports?

Should I call and *try* to request a certain area?

Pop Warner is December 1 to 8. They will be staying at All Star Sports plus other values/moderates. I don't know that they have a particular area of the resort.

Their actual events are at Wide World of Sports, they don't spend alot of time in the parks, only when they have free time. They have a private party at DHS on Wednesday night.

It's slow but not dead. There will be some Thanksgiving leftover guests. Also, few otions in MK lead to a lot of dates with no ADR availability. They don't save tables for walkups so your best bet is kiip checking. Cancelations do happen. Good luck either way.

They bolded part made me laugh.

If you have any options, you may want to reconsider your resort. We have been there that week and while the parks were not too overly crowded, the bus lines for the All star resort were crazy long everywhere we were. We were at WL and had no issues but people at all the values were having major issue.

One other added issue for LTT is the MVMCP going on during that time. It is a favorite for dinner before the party. One of our favorite places to eat before the party so hoping you can get in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter