• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Porterhouse Yachtsman Steakhouse!

THEY BROUGHT BACK THE PRIME RIB????:worship: I may need to give them another chance.

Goodness, who would ever think you'd find hibiscus gel, pea nectar, and finger lime at a steakhouse! I don't have a clue what tobacco onions are either, but I do enjoy the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, I"m a NY Strip gal! I also love a good piece of med. rare prime rib!

Tobacco onions are usually just a fancy term for onion straws. My guess is that the prime rib is garnished with a pile of fried onion strings, which is fine by me

Goodness, who would ever think you'd find hibiscus gel, pea nectar, and finger lime at a steakhouse! I don't have a clue what tobacco onions are either, but I do enjoy the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, I"m a NY Strip gal! I also love a good piece of med. rare prime rib!

I think those are the thin fried onions, sort of like onion rings but more like strings. I could be wrong though. ;)

I always claim the best meal ever was the prime rib and horseradish mashed potatoes at YSH. So nice to see they brought back half of it. ;)

I think those are the thin fried onions, sort of like onion rings but more like strings. I
That reminds me of the scene in Miss Congeniality, a big honking piece of what looks like a porterhouse w/ onion straws swimmimg in steak sauce!

We are here and ate at Yachtsman last night, the Porterhouse is definitely gone however our waitress said it was a supplier issue and they should have it back in a few weeks.

We are here and ate at Yachtsman last night, the Porterhouse is definitely gone however our waitress said it was a supplier issue and they should have it back in a few weeks.

Could it be not so much a "supplier" issue, but rather a customer "complaint" issue! Why not bring back something that people really enjoy and continually request!

Could it be not so much a "supplier" issue, but rather a customer "complaint" issue! Why not bring back something that people really enjoy and continually request!

Perhaps, but it is doubtful. They are aware the porterhouse is a popular cut of meat in general. If the supplier can't cover the demand then Disney isn't going to offer it, especially at a Signature. There are some meat shortages right now.

Case in point, last year our local pizza place had signs out that they were changing their chicken wings from all drummies to drummies and flats because of a chicken wing shortage. People much prefer the drummies and were complaining a lot, but there really was a big shortage in chicken wings! Now, a few months later they are back to serving all drummies. My family is in the meat business, so that's where my info comes from.

The Turf Club Bar and Grill has an awesome Prime Rib

Well, if not having the Porterhouse steak is going to ruin your visit, then consider going to Shula's at the Dolphin or Bull & Bear at the Waldorf.

I 90% agree with this...except I would have said, with or without the porterhouse, go to either Shula's or Bull/Bear. YS is amateur hour to these two places, among many others offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter