No Pictures but here's my trip report! it's not a winner but FL was great!

jlbower79

<font color=green>I laugh inside, really I do<br><
ok it's been over a week since I been back and I been hating the thought of coming here and telling you guys I had an AWFUL time... but here it is! MIND YOU that some of this is kind of "TMI" but BUT it's the only way for you to see my pain!

ok... the week before I left for my "trip" i was in some serious pain! But I just thought that the evil monthy demon was just going to visit me.. but after 7 days of this pain and 8 preg. test later... still nothing. WELL my DH and I left for Panama City, Fl on Saturday, June 2nd to stay with my sister till Monday, which we were going to drive over to Orlando and stay the rest of the week at Doubletree Entrance to US. So anyways, we left on saturday and I was hurten! I had tried to get into see my doctor the day before but she had no room. Sunday rolls around and it was just upsetting! Not only was I not enjoying my time but i wasn't excited at all. You wait a YEAR to go on this vacation that you get ONCE A YEAR and I thought my appendix (sp?) was about to burst or something! So anyways monday morning comes around, i wake my DH up and said "look, im going to go get in the shower and you're going to take me to the ER".... WELLLLLl as I was getting dress guess what starts! Yes i know, wouldn't you know it! I know now is a good time to mention I was OVER JOYED that it had started but let me explain something very hmm TMI... the last time this demon had visited me it's been TWO YEARS (normal for me btw) so no, I wasn't looking forward to this and if my hotel had not been paid for with a nonrefundable rate I would had went home and just rescheduled my vacation! So we went to Orlando.. we stopped at EVERY rest stop and let me say, FL has BEAUTIFUL and BIG rest stops! I mean, most were. It was ok... but again, midol was not working and we had to stop at EVERY rest stop.

When we got to Doubletree were planning on going to DTD or even just to Us to get our tickets but I said heck no... and washed up and went to bed.

now I'm just going to point things out because Tuesday we went to US... Wednesday we went to IOA and Thursday was went to DTD and IOA...

US was nice but I do think they should update some things... it's kind of like Disney in where the newer rides are really fun but US is full of older rides that just need some updating! The lines there weren't bad at all! I mean every once in awhile we had to wait 20-30 minutes and only twice was it up to 60... which to me is great! But again, US, I love ET and yes when we finally got on the ride 2 seconds in the ride breaks down... I looked at my Dh and just laughed. I mean first ride we go on! But Jaws and ET need some updating! I want them to stay, just clean them up a bit.

IOA was awesome! I loved it! I did find that even though i don't like the way Disney is so OPEN and it takes all day just to walk around the BIG parks.. IOA was kind of small and crowded for it not to be busy. I can't image going during busy busy times! We did IOA twice because we loved it a lot.

Ok a really annoying thing was this whole "locker" crap!!!! I mean, I understand why and stuff but they need more computers or something! Sometimes you wait 10 minutes for a screen and it wasn't even BUSY! I can't image it being busy busy and waiting on those lockers! They need to do something about the lockers...

Ok.. I had a good time for what it was, but it was like this for me... "ride.. bathroom.. ride.. bathroom" and that really took a toll on me. I was popping midol all the time. I bought a new digital camera and only took ONE picture the whole time... I was in no mood.

I will say that there are TONS of bathrooms in both parks which was a BIG plus and made me feel sooo relax with my "issue".

My husband and I want to go back, and i want to purchase those great ticket prices now, cause I want to go see harry potter's section when it comes out.. but what if we can't go in 2009? I dont know... we're still talking about it.

We both enjoyed the parks way more then Disney even though next trip we would love to go to AK as it was the best! I do beleive you could spend two full days at both parks and never get bored... it's called relaxing and taken your time! Which is what we did a lot of.

I LOVE CHURROS! and I had one every morning for breaskfast which leads to a BIGIGIIGIGIG complaint! I HATED that the parks vendors didnt open when the park did, not even at 930... some didnt open till 1030 and it gets hot fast and when you want a bottle of water it's still luke warm when they put it out! I was kind of pissed that you had to wait! I mean, why not open them up with the park? It's only loosing money for them?

i didnt eat at all other then churros... but my Dh had a hot dog and some fries by jaws for lunch and he said it was "ok" but to $$ but I didnt find it was... then at IOA he ate twice at the rest. by Jurassics water ride that he loved and if I would had felt good I would had loved to try there chicken wrap, it looked good. Anyways it was around 16 dollars for the plate but you get A LOT of food! I had tons of ice cream, made me feel good.. all good.

The Hotel... ok so I purchased my tickets online for a King bed, view of US, nonrefundable rate so that it would be under my 100 limit. I checked in and got a room with two full beds, and a view of the back of the hotel.. nice huh? I was in the mood of "i dont care" to care but I wont go back because when we did ask they said there was nothing they could do. So the hotel was SUPER NICE and I would stay agian but I wont be spending that much a night for a bed. Plus the internet wasn't free and that's crazy, it doesnt cosst a hotel anything to do free internet. I saw some nice hotels around and just as close. YOU COULD walk to the parks, easy! But we didnt only because I figured by the end of the day I would be READY to go and I was. The hotel was more geared towards "business" ppl but a lot of families were there. If I had the extra money I would stay again.

Someone asked me about panama city, we loved driving half way and stoping.. it kind of helps cause that was a LONG drive back. Panama City was great but that storm had just passed and the waves in the ocean were BIG and it was nice. We would probably do that again.

Any questions ask! I know I forgot a lot of things but just wanted to say, I had fun but it could had been 100% better.

Sorry it's taken so long to respond! I just didn't want to come on here and sound so sad or bore ya'll.. I was just looking forward to this trip for so long and it's really got me depressed and I was afraid of coming here and writting all this and getting myself all upset again!

I feel like I need a vacation to get over my bad week... We're still talking about doing something one weekend, I would love to go back to US... so we might just wait and save our money for that. Don't know yet! Anyhow, thanks if you're still reading this!

Jai

Ok a really annoying thing was this whole "locker" crap!!!! I mean, I understand why and stuff but they need more computers or something! Sometimes you wait 10 minutes for a screen and it wasn't even BUSY! I can't image it being busy busy and waiting on those lockers! They need to do something about the lockers...
I understand your issues with the free lockers and yes..it gets crazy when it's really busy. Just remember to carry is little a possible whenever you come back. I always wear my cargo shorts and never have to fool with a locker.

then at IOA he ate twice at the rest. by Jurassics water ride that he loved and if I would had felt good I would had loved to try there chicken wrap, it looked good. Anyways it was around 16 dollars for the plate but you get A LOT of food!
I LOVE the chicken wrap at Thunder Falls Terrace and I get it everytime I go...unless it's pizza from Louie's...yum! The food is a great value and you get a lot for the money.

Glad you had a great time at the parks and hope you're doing better. I can't wait until the construction starts on HP land sometime in the near future.

Thanks for sharing the report! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the report! I know how you feel about looking forward to a trip and something happening. We went last Dec. and right before the trip I had an accident and broke my ankle and tore some tendons. I was in a cast up to my knee- it made walking not too much fun!
We ate at Thunder Falls and loved it. I know what you mean about things not opening when the park opens. We were by Woody's coaster and me and another woman went up to a drink stand( around 10:30- the woman asks the girl behind the counter when she is going to open and she replies " when I feel like it!":confused3
I hope you can make it back down to Universal when you are feeling better!

Sorry to hear about the damper that was put upon your vacation. :hug:

Hopefully next time, and there will always be a next time, you have a wonderful vacation!!

I know what you mean about the churros - my little guy is still asking for them - the cinnamon thingys Taco Bell has doesn't really compare :rotfl:

my dh just bought me some new cinn. twist things from wal mart and im like "not the same, they're too hard", i love the churrios! soft and chewy!

we're still deciding if we want to go back on our next yearly vacation! dont know dont know...

sorry to hear about the ankle thing! thats awful...

thanks guys! :hug:

my dh just bought me some new cinn. twist things from wal mart and im like "not the same, they're too hard", i love the churrios! soft and chewy!

we're still deciding if we want to go back on our next yearly vacation! dont know dont know...

sorry to hear about the ankle thing! thats awful...

thanks guys! :hug:

did you like the doubletree when you was in orlando
100_0169.jpg

I feel your pain. When we were there Saturday, it was like moron day or something. No one knew how they worked or what to do with them. Not to mention you could hardly see any of the screens.

I as well love churros but I got one in Seuss Landing and it was horrible. It made me never want to eat one again.

I feel your pain. When we were there Saturday, it was like moron day or something. No one knew how they worked or what to do with them. Not to mention you could hardly see any of the screens.

I as well love churros but I got one in Seuss Landing and it was horrible. It made me never want to eat one again.

did anyone try the cinna sticks a cinna bon
they were gret but man you talk about a sugar rush when you did them in the iceing.

did you like the doubletree when you was in orlando
100_0169.jpg

yes and it's worth the price... i just dont think i would spend that much on a hotel just to "sleep" in it.. there were alot of hotels close by that were probably alot cheaper.. but it was clean and nice.

yes and it's worth the price... i just dont think i would spend that much on a hotel just to "sleep" in it.. there were alot of hotels close by that were probably alot cheaper.. but it was clean and nice.

I agree and if we go next year my wife wantsto go back there cause she was impressed by how nice the hotel staff was.

yes the staff WAS nice and even the guest were! men in business suits would be in our elevators and asking if we went to US and if we had a good time... and the carpet did have tons of stains but everything was super clean. And the beds were wonderful! i almost took a pillow! but i just couldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter