no photos allowed?

I've had the same happen, and then on that very ride, a CM came over the PA and said "no photography." I was irritated/embarrassed.

Happened to me on the American Adventure. First CM says no Flash photography when we're on our way in. So I start getting set up and the CM at the front podium says "as a REMINDER, there is no photography of any kind". I make sure to follow the rules that are announced at the time of my visit, i just sometimes wish they would make up their minds.

Oh, and I have some nice CoP pics because when I visited they clearly said no Flash photography. Which is good because DW and DD have no intention of ever visiting that attaction again :headache:

I've never had them ask me to put my camera away even on rides that don't allow photography, which is good since sometimes I end up sticking things in my camera bag and I can't put my camera away. My camera big is one of the stiff sturdy ones so if we have something breakable I'll put it in there. Maybe I wasn't asked because I tend to wear my camera sling style if I'm not taking pictures so they didn't notice it. :confused3

The only time I got conflicting messages on my last trip was when they said no flash photography on Haunted Mansion, which I knew and I was cool with, but then I got told no photography when I was taking pictures in the stretching room. It was as the room was emptying out, and the room was full so I wasn't holding anything up but hey, their playground, their rules. I turned my camera off and followed the herd.

I have a huge issue with people taking flash pictures on dark rides, and I swear there's something about PotC that breaks the "follow the rules" part of people's brains. Out of the six to eight times we road that ride on our last trip only once did we not have someone in our boat taking flash pictures. :headache:

As dd and I were climbing into a clam on the Nemo ride in Epcot, a CM yelled "No Flash Photography!". I know she saw my camera and that was totally directed at me.

As dd and I were climbing into a clam on the Nemo ride in Epcot, a CM yelled "No Flash Photography!". I know she saw my camera and that was totally directed at me.
I've had soooo many CMs specifically tell me "No flash photography" and though my first reaction is to think "Yes, I'm not stupid thanks" I just try to remember all the stupids who do use flash photography when they aren't supposed to, and that the CM doesn't know I'm not one of them.

Happened to me on the American Adventure. First CM says no Flash photography when we're on our way in. So I start getting set up and the CM at the front podium says "as a REMINDER, there is no photography of any kind". I make sure to follow the rules that are announced at the time of my visit, i just sometimes wish they would make up their minds.

Oh, and I have some nice CoP pics because when I visited they clearly said no Flash photography. Which is good because DW and DD have no intention of ever visiting that attaction again :headache:

I've had this happen on Star Tours too, except it was the same CM (I think...) she said no flash photography as she was closing the doors, so I thought it would be fine to take a couple non-flash photos. Suddenly I was getting yelled at, during the ride, over the intercom. :headache:

Okay, can anyone tell me why you'd WANT to take pictures on Soarin? Seriously?

Okay, can anyone tell me why you'd WANT to take pictures on Soarin? Seriously?

Just crazy, I guess.
p957605961-4.jpg

See, I still don't get the appeal.

I have a hard time myself, even though I love to take pictures, trying to balance experiencing the vacation with photographing it. This just seems like one of those rides to experience and not photograph, I dunno. The pictures just aren't going to be all that worthwhile.

Not that there aren't plenty of newbies and unskilled masses with DSLRs too...but I've always found it a bit funny that the bigger the camera, the MORE you get targeted by the CMs for comments like that, when in my observations, 90% of the offenders are those with P&S cameras and phone cameras with flashes that have no idea how to even turn them off.

You would think it would be a safe assumption that those walking around Disney with a DSLR, vertical grip, tripod, F2.8 lens, bag of additional lenses, a harness system, etc would probably be obsessed and knowledgeable enough with cameras and photography to avoid using flash on rides!

I have had the "No Flash Photography" conversation with a fellow POTC guest in the seat behind me. They claimed to know how to turn off the flash, but apparently felt the rule didn't apply to them. Very frustrating!

The only time I have hear NO photos was Soaring, and I think once on Spaceship Earth :confused3.

I can't believe no one has thrown up their COP pics! Not the straightest, but you are moving after all ;)

Don't forget, It's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

AugustMagicKingdom54resized.jpg

AugustMagicKingdom56resized.jpg

AugustMagicKingdom57resized.jpg

AugustMagicKingdom59resized.jpg

I really need to get a smoking jacket with quilted lapels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter