No Parkhopping....it'll be okay, right?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

Going on a our first family WDW trip in September! We'll be in the world for seven nights. We planning on doing two days MK, two days Epcot, one day AK, one day DHS, and one day to revisit our favorite. In trying to be frugal, I decided to not get the park hopper option on our tickets. I won't regret that, right? It will be me, DH, and our 5 year old son. I just can't see us dragging him to several parks in one day. I'm a big planner, and have subscribed to touringplans, so I think we will be able to fill our days to the best of our ability. I'm just starting to second guess my decision....

On our first trip we bought the hoppers in advance and we didn't really need them. I would advise against buying the hoppers. If you find that you do want to hop you can always upgrade your tickets after you arrive.

Same here, except we are staying 6 nights and will have a 5 and 6 year old in tow. I added it at first, then decided against it because just thinking about park hopping exhausted me. I wanted to take the time to enjoy one park per day and not rush around just so we could leave to go somewhere else. I made my ADRs for the park we would be at that day, and we will just relax and see all we can in each park. I've left a free day open to return to one as well! The only park I've scheduled to visit twice is MK. Sounds like we think alike on this topic! Everything will be ok. If we're that desperate to hop once we get there, we'll just buy the hopper (but I doubt it!) :)

I don't think you'll regret it. If you've planned well, the only reason you might want park hoppers is if one park is oddly crowded and you had reason to think another one wouldn't be, in which case you could always upgrade if necessary.

We hop, but that's us...I love MK and DH loves DHS...so we always end up leaving AK early and hitting up either of those parks. Also I like hopping because it gives you more freedom with your ADRs( spend the day in MK, but eat dinner in Epcot).

But if you've planned well and are okay with only going to one park a day then hey more power to you. It works for some people and it doesn't for others, but from what you've said I think you'll be fine and you can always add hoppers on later if you change your mind.

Don't worry! We had free park hopping the last two trips because we went in January. We never even used it. This time we are going in May and I decided to save the $$ as well. My kids are older and we generally go to a park and stay all day with maybe visiting a resort for dinner or something. I don't think we will miss it. There was one day I was thinknig about hopping, but it just wasn't worth the cost imo. Go and have a great time!

You'll be all right. We have done park hoppers for all four of our trip and this trip we're saving a few hundred bucks by NOT doing it. No regrets. When I think back, we didn't hop around enough to justify it. And if you decide you have the need or desire to hop once you're down there, just upgrade your tickets. I don't think it costs any more to wait. :)

With 7 days you'll be fine. And remember you can always leave the same park & return later in the evening.

We had park hoppers that last 2 times we went and we used them mainly to switch parks for dinner plans. This time around, to save money, we've decided not to do the hoppers. So, I'm just making my dinner plans around what parks we are planning to be at. I think you'll be fine and if you decide you need to park hop, you can always upgrade when you're there.

We never go without them - BUT . . . . we have been 25 times. As a first time guest to WDW, you should not need the park hoppers. You will be spending plenty of time trying to see what each park offers. ENJOY. I certainly wish I could be nearby to experience so many wonderful things thru your eyes. Lots of fun to be had.

We never hopped when my son was younger. I think you will be fine. There is so much to do at each park! Now that DS is older(16), we seem to always end the day at Epcot and MK, so I buy the hoppers.

well you always have the option to add the hoppper when you get there if you decide you need it

we have never done without the hopper

I believe we'll drop the hopper option next trip, as well. We had them on our last 2 trips and we only used them maybe twice. But I've always went with the just in case theory, so I'm not 100% convinced yet, but I'm close. If you're an uber planner, and there are only the 3 of you, then I don't think you should have anything to worry about. :thumbsup2

We never get park hoppers and even the two years we had APs we rarely ever park hopped. To us it takes too much time and energy to leave the park and then get into another park.

We have always got hoppers until this past trip. I was nervous about not hopping, but honestly it was fine. With young kids, hopping is too much, in our opinion. We had no problems with no hopping and wont be getting a hopper pass again until the kids are older. fyi...I have been to wdw about 20 times and always did the hopper until this past december. trust me, you'll be fine:)

We do the same parks that you listed, and have never had an issue with wishing we had the hopper. We usually do 2.5 days MK, 2 EP, 1 AK, 1 HS. and with younger kids, remember they get tired still, so jumping from park to park may be more exhausting! have fun!

Hi All!

Going on a our first family WDW trip in September! We'll be in the world for seven nights. We planning on doing two days MK, two days Epcot, one day AK, one day DHS, and one day to revisit our favorite. In trying to be frugal, I decided to not get the park hopper option on our tickets. I won't regret that, right? It will be me, DH, and our 5 year old son. I just can't see us dragging him to several parks in one day. I'm a big planner, and have subscribed to touringplans, so I think we will be able to fill our days to the best of our ability. I'm just starting to second guess my decision....

We've hopped and not hopped. You have nothing to worry about. There is plenty in each park to keep you busy for the day.

We bought hoppers for our first trip in 2002, but haven't since then. We've felt no need to change parks midway through the day.

But remember, you can always add Hoppers at the last minute.

We are going during peak season, so I feel hoppers will help us tour the less busy parks in the morning/early afternoon and still get to see the shows/parades at the end of the day at busier parks. Otherwise I think we would do just fine without hoppers. Except that Epcot is my favorite and has so many food choices, I would like a hopper just to be able to eat at Epcot almost every night. ;)

I ALWAYS used to get park hoppers, but since my son was born, we stopped. I gotta tell you, I never even missed it. Looking back, I can't remember how often we ever really hopped anyway. You will be fine.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter