No park camping trip

La Bill

Earning My Ears
I am planning a no park trip 0ct 29- nov 4. I am a family of 7 with 5 children ages 4-15. Are their anough things to keep us busy? We love camping have been to the fort 5 other times . We have always wanted to just go and enjoy the campground. Looking for some hidden gems to do while on disney property. For those of you who have been is it worth it to go and just enjoy the campground as well as the other resorts.

We do Ft Wilderness sometimes and no parks. For us it's worth it, we love the Fort and for us there's lots to do.

here's a list I copied of things to do.

Two lighted tennis courts - Complementary equipment available for resort guests at the Bike Barn.
Nightly wagon rides at Pioneer Hall at 7 and 9:30, Depending on MK hours, there are sometimes special "Fireworks" wagon rides scheduled.
Private carriage rides - Departs from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall from 6 pm to 10 pm. 25 minute ride through Resort. Call (407) WDW-PLAY to reserve. Tickets also available from carriage driver.
Petting farm featuring goats, pot belly pig and miniature horses. This used to be Minnie Moo's home until she passed away.
Pony rides from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Petting Farm .
Bicycle rental including tandem bikes at (Bike Barn.)
Fishing in canals (free) or chartered largemouth bass fishing excursions on Bay Lake, which include a professional bass guide, refreshments (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate & water), fishing gear and a selection of tackle. 7am trip - $:confused3 10am trip -$:confused3 ; 1:30pm trip - $:confused3 Trips are standard 2 hours with maximum of 5 guests per boat. Live bait (shiners) are available for $15/dozen.
Sand volley ball court near Meadow Trading Post
Basketball and tetherball courts throughout the resort
Two arcades - one each at the Settlement and Meadow Trading Posts
Two heated outdoor swimming pools
White sand beach
Rental watercraft including 21' Suntracker pontoons ( $:confused3), must be 18 to drive; Sea Raycers ($:confused3), must be 12 and 5 feet tall to drive. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12-18 years old; canoes, pedal boats and kayaks. Ask about weekly watercraft rental packages.
Water skiing/wakeboarding/tubing - Cost $:confused3/hr with 5 guest maximum
Parasailing - $:confused3/flight single, $:confused3/flight tandem
Tri-Circle D Ranch - home of the draft horses used pull the trolleys down Mainstreet
Swamp Trail - three quarters of a mile loop along the shore of Bay Lake. NOTE: The elevated portions of the trail are closed.
FW Exercise Trail - 2.3 mile paved and sand path
Electrical Water Pageant - nightly at 9:45 pm at the FW beach and marina

there are lot ,more things to do.

Sight see DTD, other resorts,etc.

I do this all the time...
My family plays in Disc Golf tournaments; I get to hang out at the fort!
My favorite is taking my dog for a bike ride :dogdance:
And exploring other resorts at lunchtime :goodvibes
Animal Kingdom Lodge is fun to hang out and grab lunch by the pool then go watch the animals for a while.
Can't beat fireworks from the beach!
(I'll be there this weekend:banana:)
Although I haven't done them, there is also Archery lessons, and segway programs.
You'll be there at a great time for special things like the golf cart contest and pet parade.
Check when you get there for the times for these. And there is always something going on in the field by the main pool for the kids, games and races! Don't forget the nightly movie and campfire!!
See, tons to do!!
:debswalk:

Now that you have a pretty exhaustive list of things within FW, we can start adding some of ther other Disney to-do's that don't need park tickets.

- Transportation Day - ride the boat and monorails to the different resorts in the monrail loop. Check out the resort shops to keep the older ones interested.
- Downtown Disney - get your family Christmas Card picture by the Christmas shop, eat at Earls
- Visit the Boardwalk - often there is some entertainment, time it right and catch your favorite Sports team at ESPN (go Sabres).
- Rent a surrey bike at the boardwalk - the kids love it (the ones who can't pedal sit in fron and ring the bell
- Character Dining - the little ones might love it
- Mini Golf

Now that you have a pretty exhaustive list of things within FW, we can start adding some of ther other Disney to-do's that don't need park tickets.

- Transportation Day - ride the boat and monorails to the different resorts in the monrail loop. Check out the resort shops to keep the older ones interested.
- Downtown Disney - get your family Christmas Card picture by the Christmas shop, eat at Earls
- Visit the Boardwalk - often there is some entertainment, time it right and catch your favorite Sports team at ESPN (go Sabres).
- Rent a surrey bike at the boardwalk - the kids love it (the ones who can't pedal sit in fron and ring the bell
- Character Dining - the little ones might love it
- Mini Golf

I second this: We do at least one or two 'Transportation Days' each trip, except that I'd add Downtown Disney to Port Orleans and Old Key West. It's an excellent way to stay in-the-bubble and spend little to nothing (and get a little exercise for all those Rice Krispy Treats and Ice Cream Bars).

Oh yes I love the boat ride from DTD to POR ! Daytime and nighttime! And it's even better if you get a talkative Captain, cool stories and great info.;)

We do Ft Wilderness sometimes and no parks. For us it's worth it, we love the Fort and for us there's lots to do.

here's a list I copied of things to do.

Two lighted tennis courts - Complementary equipment available for resort guests at the Bike Barn.
Nightly wagon rides at Pioneer Hall at 7 and 9:30, Depending on MK hours, there are sometimes special "Fireworks" wagon rides scheduled.
Private carriage rides - Departs from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall from 6 pm to 10 pm. 25 minute ride through Resort. Call (407) WDW-PLAY to reserve. Tickets also available from carriage driver.
Petting farm featuring goats, pot belly pig and miniature horses. This used to be Minnie Moo's home until she passed away.
Pony rides from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Petting Farm .
Bicycle rental including tandem bikes at (Bike Barn.)
Fishing in canals (free) or chartered largemouth bass fishing excursions on Bay Lake, which include a professional bass guide, refreshments (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate & water), fishing gear and a selection of tackle. 7am trip - $:confused3 10am trip -$:confused3 ; 1:30pm trip - $:confused3 Trips are standard 2 hours with maximum of 5 guests per boat. Live bait (shiners) are available for $15/dozen.
Sand volley ball court near Meadow Trading Post
Basketball and tetherball courts throughout the resort
Two arcades - one each at the Settlement and Meadow Trading Posts
Two heated outdoor swimming pools
White sand beach
Rental watercraft including 21' Suntracker pontoons ( $:confused3), must be 18 to drive; Sea Raycers ($:confused3), must be 12 and 5 feet tall to drive. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12-18 years old; canoes, pedal boats and kayaks. Ask about weekly watercraft rental packages. Water skiing/wakeboarding/tubing - Cost $:confused3/hr with 5 guest maximum
Parasailing - $:confused3/flight single, $:confused3/flight tandem
Tri-Circle D Ranch - home of the draft horses used pull the trolleys down Mainstreet
Swamp Trail - three quarters of a mile loop along the shore of Bay Lake. NOTE: The elevated portions of the trail are closed.
FW Exercise Trail - 2.3 mile paved and sand path
Electrical Water Pageant - nightly at 9:45 pm at the FW beach and marina

there are lot ,more things to do.

Sight see DTD, other resorts,etc.

Great list!!!! Do they still offer weekly watercraft rental rates?

You forgot.....
Ahhhhhh! Put your feet up and relax! Ahhhhhh!
And,
looping! You get to see the coolest decorations, AND meet the nicest people.
We all have THE FORT in common.

We always leave days to just hang out at FW or around Bay Lake. Last year we were there 10 days and only went to the parks 3 of them. The things we never miss are:

Canoe rides - different everytime... we saw a gator one year... we saw some snakes another.

horse back riding - nice relaxing trail ride.. I think you have to be 10? beautiful and well behaved horses...

biking - there is nothing better than spending a day riding bikes... we usually ride over to Wilderness Lodge for lunch... although I understand that path may now be closed? I'm sure someone can clarify.

outdoor movies - just classic Disney fun

resort hopping - we take the monorail around the Bay lake resorts and try out all their special known foods... our favorite is the french press coffee at the Polynesian.

Tetherball on the beach... DD's fav.

Sea Sprites - FUN... can see all of bay lake... just great fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter