• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NO parades, No shows , No Fireworks

NavyDad01

Mouseketeer
So Disney released the dates for early June but theres no parades no shows not even world of color? Do they get added later? or is there just no shows or anything for that time ?

I'm sure they'll be adding them in later. We've looked at our trips schedule before & had hours listed but nothing else. Check back in a couple weeks & it will probably start showing stuff.

This practice at DLR confuses numerous people every month so OP you are not alone! :)

DLR posts hours first and then eventually posts entertainment.

Just a funny little story...

We were there this week and heard people say numerous times that a parade must be letting out because of all the crowds. Funny thing there were no parades!

The PP is correct they add the rest of the schedule as they finalize it.

The parades will be down for a while, there is so much construction going on that they couldn't run them if they had too. I think there is a mention somewhere of a new parade for DL????

We were the last week ... tons of refurb going on that doesn't affect the rides, so it doesn't get mentioned.

The parades will be down for a while, there is so much construction going on that they couldn't run them if they had too. I think there is a mention somewhere of a new parade for DL????

The new DL park parade Mickey's Sounsational will start in the May 27th.

DCA will not have a parade for a long time due to construction.

I hope Dumbo is in the fireworks show this summer when we go.

During the summertime, DL shows Magical Disney's Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular which has Dumbo in the show. It is a decent firework show but not as good as RDCT, it is so great when you get to see Dumbo fly in the sky. Just like when Soundsational debuts on May 27, Magical will be running on that day too.

Just keep in your mind that Dumbo is VERY wind sensitive. Even if the fireworks go - and Tink flies - Dumbo may not due to wind. Poor Dumbo, he just catches even the slightest wind with his cute ears.

- Dreams

I love Dumbo!! I hope he's there when we are next month...can't wait to see the new "Soundsational" parade!!

DL's schedule is updated 4-6 weeks out, so keep an eye out for June to be undated in a couple of weeks.

Holy McMoly's. We're going June2-4. Looks like we'll get in on all the new stuff!!

Can't wait.

DL's schedule is updated 4-6 weeks out, so keep an eye out for June to be undated in a couple of weeks.

Quick question - Does anyone know why DL's schedule is released so late? I remember planning a trip to WDW a few years ago and we were working on our trip schedule 6 months in advance. :confused3 Thanks!!!

DL is considered a Local's park, majority of the visitors are from the local vacinity. Plus DLR is not as large as WDW so not as much planning is really needed. Historically 4-6 weeks prior to date the schedule is updated.

Quick question - Does anyone know why DL's schedule is released so late? I remember planning a trip to WDW a few years ago and we were working on our trip schedule 6 months in advance. :confused3 Thanks!!!
WDW schedules are released farther in advance to support dining reservations which are taken 6 months in advance. Dining at DLR is not as a big a deal as at WDW and they take reservations only 2 months in advance. This is a major reason. :wizard:

Everytime I go in late may and early June there is no fireworks or Fantasmic. The don't start it up until their Nightasticprogram starts mid-June it happened to me every year for the past three years until we were finally able to take our trip in August. People tolf me I was lying or wanted proof, and I was like really? um ok?

Everytime I go in late may and early June there is no fireworks or Fantasmic. The don't start it up until their Nightasticprogram starts mid-June it happened to me every year for the past three years until we were finally able to take our trip in August. People tolf me I was lying or wanted proof, and I was like really? um ok?

I am going in late May this year and I was looking at the schedule and it appears as though F! and fireworks are only on the weekends, which would explain why you didn't see them! :)

For the OP's reference, the Entertainment schedule through June 11 has appeared on the Disneyland.com calendar.

Disneyland.com | Park Hours & Calendar

It looks like Soundsational (parade), Magical (fireworks), Fantasmic, and WOC are scheduled for almost every date in June so far. But there are a few nights when DL is closing at 9pm--I assume for Grad Nights. On these days, most entertainment is running except for Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter