No Pack n Play available - tips please!!

caegan

Mouseketeer
We'll be taking my DD2 1/2 to the World this May. We're staying off-site, and the place we're booking doesn't have Pack n Plays available. We can get a super good deal on this place through my dad's work, so that's why we're staying there.

My DD sleeps in a toddler bed at home, but is comfortable sleeping in pack n plays. She once even took a nap on the pad of her old changing table!

So I'm wondering... without a pack n play readily available, what would you do for her for sleeping? Sleeping with us in the same bed isn't an option.

Here are some ideas I had:

-We're flying - take ours and gate check it? (Is this allowed?)
- just fold up some blankets to form a make shift "mattress" for her to sleep on
- buy something once we're there (but I don't want to have to spend a lot of money, because I don't want to lug it back home with us)
-other ideas????

Thanks in advance for your help!

There's an inflatable child's air mattress with built in sleeping bag you can buy online. I'm sure someone will post a link for you; pretty sure I've read that they are available through Wal-mart and other places.

If you want to bring your pack-n-play, you can check it like regular luggage. I've done this many times over the years. However, you probably have to pay a bag fee if your airline charges one.

Hi,
My 3 dds are 7 and 5 but we have travelled with them to various places since they were little. You, IMHO have 2 choices....a. stop at a target or Walmart or Babies R US and get an inexpensive very basic pack and play (if your vacay is a week or longer, then i think it justifies the expense but that's just me) b.while I can't name a specific company in ORlando (maybe someone else on the boards can) I know that most cities have places where you can rent a pack and play. You can locate these places by doing a simple internet search or maybe someone else on the boards knows of a specific place that does this. I would NOT let your DD sleep on the floor...FL has some funky stuff crawling around.
HTH

We have the toddler air mattress mentioned above. I would be lost without it. I bought my first one at Costco, which eventually popped when my older son jumped on it too much (he was too big for it anyway). The second one that I bought I had google to find, they are not as easy to find right now, although the Leaps & Bounds catalog that just came to my house last week had one in it.

Or you could rent a pack-n-play from one of the kid rental places. I haven't ever done this, so I can't help with it.

try target for the air mattress with sleeping bag. I was there a few days ago and they had them with princesses and cars. They were in the toy department

We had 4 year olds we needed to put on the floor one year while in Florida- we went to Wal Mart and bought cheap regular air matresses for the pool and made them up into beds with bedding from hotel. Worked great- they were so small and they thought it was perfect. We then just left them there so did not have to pack and bring home.....they never go as small as they do in the original packaging!

It may be less expensive to just check the pack and play as regular luggage. We checked ours like a regular piece of luggage several years ago (before baggage fees), and it made it from Maine to Florida just fine. I personally couldn't justify buying a new one or spending the money on the rental unless it was cheaper than the checked bag fee. Otherwise, I would buy a twin air mattress once I got to Florida. You could probably figure a way to take it home too in a carry on or in the box as one of your personal items that went under the seat in front of you on the plane.

I have used ABBF many times, and I'm using them again in May! We have rented cribs, monitors, fans, strollers, a rocking chair, and toys. I'm pretty sure they have toddler beds to rent on their website. We have never had a problem with anything we have used: clean, easy to assemble when necessary, and delivered on-time. :thumbsup2

It may be less expensive to just check the pack and play as regular luggage. We checked ours like a regular piece of luggage several years ago (before baggage fees), and it made it from Maine to Florida just fine. I personally couldn't justify buying a new one or spending the money on the rental unless it was cheaper than the checked bag fee. Otherwise, I would buy a twin air mattress once I got to Florida. You could probably figure a way to take it home too in a carry on or in the box as one of your personal items that went under the seat in front of you on the plane.

Twice we took our Pack n Play with us from RI to MCO and had no problems. I found a large duffle bag that it fit in and I was able to fit in some blankets and such and checked it at the airport. We fly SW so we are allowed 2 bags per ticket so we didn't have to pay for an extra bag fee.

We got our EZ Bed at walmart, but they also have them at Target. It was a lifesaver on our PCS from TN to TX and TX to TN

couldn't you just ask for a room with 2 beds and put her in one of the beds? one of you could even sleep with her. That is what I always did, I never bothered with the portable cribs.

You could also fold up the comforter or bedspread and put that on the floor with a sheet over it. I would probably put her into the bed to fall asleep and then move her to her nest for the night.

The blow up pool thingy would work to.

We were able to check our pack n play, check with your airline as some will check infant equipment for free.

other wise you could buy an inexpensive one there, and either send it back or donate it...maybe pass one on here to someone who needs it.

I hate the idea of renting one since they charge more then you can just buy one... BUT that is just me.

I would either bring your own pack n play or buy a inflatable mattress when you get there. We have an EZ bed and my daughter likes it but we never use it when she is in the same room as us because it is so loud! You hear every little move they make. Now we just use a twin built in pump air bed from Wal-Mart and it has worked great :)

take yours and check it. It will be free. All baby items are free to check. We take ours all the time.

take yours and check it. It will be free. All baby items are free to check. We take ours all the time.

I was told by 3 different airlines that pack and plays are NOT considered an essential baby item, and we would be charged the baggage fee to check it. Strollers and car seats are free to check, however. Check with your specific airline ahead of time if you plan to check it so you are not surprised by fees when you get there. It may still be less expensive to check it than to buy one there and try to get it home again, or to rent it.

We bought a toddler Aerobed a couple of years ago and it has been a great investment. It should last a long time (good quality) still and DS1 loves it. Its been to many places with us but it making its first trip to Disney in 2 months. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter