• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"No One's Gloomy or Complaining"-in DISNEY WORLD!~An 11/12 TR!-*NEW TR Link pg 56!!!*

That is always my thought when I ride TSM... My arm cannot go any faster. How on earth do people get scores that high? Bionic arms I guess?

I agree! Soooo much love to Tot :love:

Gahh that cupcake looks beyond amazing!!

Wow, great start to DHS that morning! ToT terrifies me, but other than that I loved everything! :rotfl2:
I've still never tried the Writer's Stop. Must get in there next trip.
Mmmmmm Starring Rolls cupcakes!

Sounds like a fun morning in DHS. I love riding RNRC first thing in the morning; there's just something refreshing about getting such an adrenaline rush before 10am. :rotfl2: and that's probably what made you crave that cupcake. Although, how you can be on Sunset Blvd and NOT stop at Starring Rolls is beyond me. :confused3 The peanut butter cupcake is the best! Your pictures made me wish I could have one right now...

That cupcake looks fantastic:) last trip was oct 2011 and went there an got a butterfinger cupcake. That thing was Hugh. Can't wait to get back there. ( going nov 10, 2013 POR for moms 70th b-day:banana:) I guess we will be arriving the last day of food and wine but when do the Osborne lights begin? We are staying till nov 16:wizard:

It was fantastic! I liked the Butterfinger cupcake, but nothing beats that peanut butter one! Yay, November is a great week to go! :banana: This year the Osborne Lights started on the 9th, but I'm not sure when they start this year...I'm guessing it will be sometime during your trip, though! We've gone 3 times in November before Thanksgiving and we have seen the Lights on every trip! They start them pretty early! :thumbsup2

Great update, Jen. Not a bad time for your TSM fastpass considering you walked while all the goofs ran. :rotfl:

I was upset they had taken the seats out of Writers Shop too; Mark and I loved sitting in there and having our morning coffee while waiting for our fastpass use.

You and I definitely agree on TOT...love it. It is probably my favorite ride in all of Disney.

I love all the chocolate on top of your cupcake. I wouldn't be eating the cupcake itself as I don't like peanut butter, but I'd be eating that chocolate and giving Mark the cupcake. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Haha, yeah, I'm not running for a FP, I refuse! Walking briskly though, that's another story! :rotfl:

I loved hanging out in the Writer's Stop! I loved it so much that I'm considering writing to Disney to complain about it, but I'm guessing that's the least of their worries!

ToT is the BEST ride ever! I could ride it over and over!

WHAT? No peanut butter? Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever! :rotfl:

Mmm...I want a cupcake now!

Haha, I know, me too! :laughing:

:) YUMMY cupcakes and that eclair looks HEAVENLY as well. Since my plan is to also do HS on an EE day next week, I think this will have to be our breakfast stop as well! :)

So glad you got so much done so quickly. That's the reason I know we just HAVE to make rope drop this time. I still can't believe we went to Disney in November and did not ride TSM. It seems so unreal! :confused3

I didn't try the eclair, but I'm sure it was good! I was too consumed with my cupcake! I love Starring Roles, it's a great place to grab breakfast, even if you do end up eating a cupcake for breakfast, nothing wrong with that in Disney! :rotfl:

Yeah, rope drop in DHS is the way to go if you want to ride TSM! It drives Brandon crazy, but at least he doesn't whine too much about it!

That cupcake looks heavenly. I've never actually had one. :confused3 Whenever I grab a snack it's always a Mickey Head Icecream. There's always next time.

It really is amazing, all of the cupcakes there are fantastic! :yay: Haha, see, I've never had the Mickey ice cream bar, isn't that crazy? Maybe in Feb. I will finally get one! :thumbsup2

Gotta love those TSM FP's! Writer's stop looks cute, I will have to try it out sometime! We just tried Starring Rolls for the first time in December, and I enjoyed it a lot. Once or twice I've had big line-ups for the animation class, but that one you had seems huge! People must be realizing how fun it is :rotfl:

Writer's Stop is awesome, but it's not the same without the seating! :sad1: I know I'm whining about it, but I really miss just sitting in there, watching the park come alive in the morning!

Yeah, there was a huge group waiting for that drawing class, it was obnoxious! And it was weird because the park didn't seem that busy! :confused3 They're going to have to put in more seats if it's getting popular!

Okay, for some reason I feel like I heard that they took the tables out to help the crowd flow for the Osborne Lights. I thought it was temporary! So... maybe it is! Hahah I don't know.

AHHHHH TOY STORYYYYY. I know what you mean, I don't understand how people have gotten like 500,000 or whatever. I never could get that high of a score because I'm just so in awe every time I ride that thing that I'm like trying to get points but I still have to take everything in and forget about the game. OH WELL!!

Hahha yay for your ToT fix!

I'm so scared to try the PB cupcake from Starring Rolls because it looks like SO MUCH! I don't care what anyone says, Contempo has THE BEST CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to try one, seriously. And maybe you could send me one? I'm sure it would only cost a few hundred to ship. ;)

I hope that's all it is, and they put back the seating there! I could swear we went there last December and the seats were there though...unless they're trying something new! They are obsessed with how the crowd flows for the Osborne Lights, huh? :rotfl:

If I ever get over 200,000 on TSM, I'll be happy! I just don't know how people do it...there must be hidden targets or something!

Well, those cupcakes are huge, but they are SO worth it! You have to try one! I'm definitely going to be trying a cupcake from Contempo in a few weeks, I'm sad about missing that mint one though, that one looked amazing! Haha, I wish they had a way to ship Disney cupcakes! They would probably make a fortune! :idea:

Yay for TSM fastpasses! It always helps getting there early. :thumbsup2

Tower of Terror and RNRC are both so awesome. I'm so glad I got over my fear of both of them because they are two of my absolute must-dos now on every trip!

Oooh, a peanut butter cupcake?! I didn't know they had that! It looks really good. I might have to try that in April!

I love getting to DHS early, you can get so much done!

They are 2 of the best rides ever! I feel like for a while I wasn't that into RnRC because it gave me such an awful headache, but I'm over it now and I'm back in love with that ride! :cool1:

It is really good, if you like peanut butter, you will LOVE this cupcake! :woohoo:

I don't know how those people get 400,000 either. My arm is about to fall off when I am done !!!

Haha, I know right? I'm going to do some research, there have to be cheats in there somewhere! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

OMG!!!!! Makes me sad Writers Stop took out the seating!!!!!

Disney cupcakes are awesome!!! makes my mouth water!!! :)

Let me just say, I am JEALOUS of you going back to disney soon!!!! :P

You're going to have such a great time!!!

Yeah, I'm not happy about it either! I hope they put it back soon!

Disney cupcakes are the best! :yay:

I cannot believe I'm going back so soon, I mean, it doesn't even seem real! It's going to be fun, I have a feeling it will be totally different than when I go with Brandon. My sister is pretty into Disney like I am, so I think we will both be up and ready to go for rope drop every morning, it will be nice to not have anyone to drag out of bed on this trip! :rotfl:

My husband would absolutely love that peanut butter cupcake....Can't wait to be there. Just 43 LONG days left!!!

It is a fantastic cupcake! All of the Starring Roles cupcakes are amazing! Yay 43 days!!! It will be here before you know it! :cool1:

That cupcake at Starring Rolls looks divine... but then again I am of the personal opinion that the combo of chocolate and peanut butter is the food of the gods...:goodvibes (There was quite a nice cake at Boardwalk Bakery that was really good and was peanut butter and chocolate too...) It seems like most of the baked items from Starring Rolls are winners and Boardwalk Bakery too... sorry about the cheese danish... that stinks when you are looking forward to something and its just not that great...:confused3

You know I didn't notice the missing tables and chairs but that's probably because I was so totally focused on getting a coffee to go... that's a shame...(I do need to try that carrot cake cookie though) ... they also used to have a larger selection of Disney books... and they have thinned that down a little which I think is also a shame...

Yay for your TSM fast passes and your ToT ones as well... see the early bird does catch the worm...(or fastpasses) ;) I DO not understand the stampede thing... It's so unDisney... I understand moving quickly to get over there... but is it really worth getting hurt or hurting someone else? Some of the stuff I've seen...:scared:

Oh I hope you get into the drawing class...:scratchin

I totally agree about chocolate and peanut butter. Whoever put those 2 things together is a genius! :banana: I've never had anything from Boardwalk Bakery yet, I've been in there, but I never got anything...I'll have to go over there again and check it out! They have that oreo cupcake right? Yum!

Yeah, I missed the seats in Writer's Stop. I hope they bring them back, it's such a nice place to take a break for a little while and have a snack or something. :thumbsup2

I'm not a big fan of the stampede either, I'm actually amazed Disney allows it, but whatever! It's not as bad as it used to be at least, but I just wish there was a way to calm it down a bit. They should just have a single file roped off path from the entrance to TSM or something! That would take forever, though! :laughing:

OK, I'm going to just say it...if there are no Disney cupcakes in Heaven, I'm not staying. But of course there will be Disney cupcakes there because it's HEAVEN! I haven't tried the peanut butter one, but it's on my list...it looks SO yummy!

Haha, I agree! I can't stay somewhere for eternity with no Disney cupcakes! :rotfl: The peanut butter cupcake is my favorite, it's fantastic! :yay:

I'm with you in missing that little seating area in the Writer's Stop! It was one of our favorite spots too! :(

That Peanut Butter Cupcake does look really good! I've only tried the Red Velvet one there, but I'd love to have more of them! :thumbsup2

It wasn't there on your trip either? That makes me sad. :( I was hoping Marissa was right, with it only being an Osborne Lights thing, but I guess it's permanent, huh? Sigh.

It is really good! I love the Red Velvet ALMOST as much, especially with that cheesecake in the middle, but the chocolate peanut butter one has chocolate. And peanut butter. :thumbsup2

I'm happy to report that the walls in the Little Mermaid room are a nice grey-blue that fits very well with the room. :rotfl2:

The friendship boat was not running to get to DHS from Epcot, or you guys just didn't feel like taking it? I think the walk takes about 25 minutes, which makes sense since you guys stopped to ask for directions and it took you 30 minutes total.

Great updates!

Haha, that's what I thought! :rotfl:

It was running, but we get so impatient on boats sometimes, because they go so slow, we figured it would be better to just walk and actually feel like we were getting somewhere! I've always wanted to walk there anyway, so it was nice that we finally had a chance to do it! :thumbsup2

Great update. I actually saw it last night while I was holding the baby. I've heard that it's good to read to babies, no matter what the content, so I read the update aloud to her. :rotfl: It's kind-of awesome to do a dramatic reading of a TR update! Plus, she learned important lessons like: the chocolate peanut butter cupcake is the best (agreed!) and you have to get up early at WDW. I seriously want a Starring Rolls cupcake right now. I think I will have to settle for a (delicious) Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup instead.

Thanks! What a great idea, reading TR's to a baby! That's so much better than a baby book, that way she will grow up loving Disney no matter what! :cool1: I'm glad I'm helping her to know the important things in life, like Disney cupcakes are the best cupcakes in the world! Make sure you also tell her about the Tower or Terror too, best ride ever! :thumbsup2

We were there that morning too. I swear we must've been walking by each other all the time.
We had one of those cupcakes this trip too. YUM! We split it 3 ways and it was still a lot!

Haha, probably, so weird! :rotfl: I know, you can probably share that cupcake with 6 people and you will still be full, they are huge! :cool1:

That is always my thought when I ride TSM... My arm cannot go any faster. How on earth do people get scores that high? Bionic arms I guess?

I agree! Soooo much love to Tot :love:

Gahh that cupcake looks beyond amazing!!

Haha, I guess! Like seriously, I think my right arm is pretty strong for a girl, and I just cannot get my score to go any higher! I'm going to start lifting weights or something and see if it makes a difference in 4 weeks! :rotfl:

ToT is the BEST! I could go on that ride over and over! :lovestruc

IT IS! Best cupcake ever! :worship:

Wow, great start to DHS that morning! ToT terrifies me, but other than that I loved everything! :rotfl2:
I've still never tried the Writer's Stop. Must get in there next trip.
Mmmmmm Starring Rolls cupcakes!

Thanks! Have you ever been on ToT? If not, you should really try it at least once...it's so much fun! :cool1: Writer's Stop is great, but I miss the chairs! :sad2:

Sounds like a fun morning in DHS. I love riding RNRC first thing in the morning; there's just something refreshing about getting such an adrenaline rush before 10am. :rotfl2: and that's probably what made you crave that cupcake. Although, how you can be on Sunset Blvd and NOT stop at Starring Rolls is beyond me. :confused3 The peanut butter cupcake is the best! Your pictures made me wish I could have one right now...

I love RnRC first thing too, it starts the day off right! :thumbsup2 It so strange that it took me SO long to even realize Starring Roles existed, and now I have to go there on every trip! :yay: Haha, I wish I could have one right now too...yum!

Haha, that's what I thought! :rotfl:

It was running, but we get so impatient on boats sometimes, because they go so slow, we figured it would be better to just walk and actually feel like we were getting somewhere! I've always wanted to walk there anyway, so it was nice that we finally had a chance to do it! :thumbsup2

It is a very nice walk, one which I took several times this trip, so I completely understand. :thumbsup2

I forgot to comment that I also think Tower of Terror is the best attraction ever, from the outstandingly detailed queue, to the intriguing twilight part at the beginning of the ride, to the oh so fun random drops. :hyper:

I finally tried the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake this trip. I liked it, but I still prefer the Red Velvet.

Thanks! Have you ever been on ToT? If not, you should really try it at least once...it's so much fun! :cool1: Writer's Stop is great, but I miss the chairs! :sad2:
I have... I rode it once and will never ride it again! :rotfl2: I'm glad to say I tried it though!

Im joining in! You have me laughing about the dousing yourself in Laila and drinking the cheese fondue! Lol. The dousing thing is something I used to but I just got Laila for Christmas! I love smelling like that.

The Port Orleans Royal room is so pretty! You got a lot done in your first couple of days.

Looking forward to more!

It is a very nice walk, one which I took several times this trip, so I completely understand. :thumbsup2

I forgot to comment that I also think Tower of Terror is the best attraction ever, from the outstandingly detailed queue, to the intriguing twilight part at the beginning of the ride, to the oh so fun random drops. :hyper:

I finally tried the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake this trip. I liked it, but I still prefer the Red Velvet.

It is a really nice walk, it's just tiring after you have been walking all day! :rotfl:

Yay, the Tower of Terror IS the best ride ever!!! I love everything about it! :worship:

I love the Red Velvet too, I just like the peanut butter a tiny bit more!

I have... I rode it once and will never ride it again! :rotfl2: I'm glad to say I tried it though!

Awww...well at least you tried it! :thumbsup2 I still think you should give it one more try, though! You're missing out!

Im joining in! You have me laughing about the dousing yourself in Laila and drinking the cheese fondue! Lol. The dousing thing is something I used to but I just got Laila for Christmas! I love smelling like that.

The Port Orleans Royal room is so pretty! You got a lot done in your first couple of days.

Looking forward to more!

Yay, so glad you're here! :cool1:

OMG I love that Laila! I'm going back in a few weeks and I think I'm finally going to buy myself a bottle! I never do because it's so expensive, but whatever, I need it! :rotfl:

I loved the Royal POR room, it was so pretty and cozy! POR is such a great resort, so relaxing! :thumbsup2

Yay, so glad you're here! :cool1:

OMG I love that Laila! I'm going back in a few weeks and I think I'm finally going to buy myself a bottle! I never do because it's so expensive, but whatever, I need it! :rotfl:

I loved the Royal POR room, it was so pretty and cozy! POR is such a great resort, so relaxing! :thumbsup2
If you are worried about cost (which I was) buy it on Amazon. It is cheaper on Amazon!!!

I noticed they changed Writer's stop.

I know what you mean about sweets in the morning. But once I have one I am hooked for the rest of the day.

Cool picture inside RnR. And yeah for your favorite ride EVER!

I think that all snack spots should have sweet and salty options. I like having variety! Sometimes I just don't want something sweet especially in the morning. I could totally go for that pb cupcake right now since it's 9pm though! When Howard and I got it during our April 2012 trip, we ate a little bit of it and then had to bring it back with us in the to go box to eat another time. We had just eaten one of those huge sandwiches from Starring Rolls too, so there was no way we'd be able to fit the cupcake! That thing eats like a meal on its own!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm still a relative DISboards newbie. But I found your TR and got all caught up this evening (and totally drained my iPhone battery in the process, lol!)

I am loving the report; thanks!

If you are worried about cost (which I was) buy it on Amazon. It is cheaper on Amazon!!!

Really? I had no idea! Thanks, I'll check it out! I do kind of want to buy it in Norway, but if it's significantly cheaper on Amazon, I'll get over it! :rotfl:

I noticed they changed Writer's stop.

I know what you mean about sweets in the morning. But once I have one I am hooked for the rest of the day.

Cool picture inside RnR. And yeah for your favorite ride EVER!

Yeah, I don't like it. :(

Haha, I know! That's why sometimes I don't like sweet things in the morning!

Thanks! Yay for Tot, it's the best! :cool1:

I think that all snack spots should have sweet and salty options. I like having variety! Sometimes I just don't want something sweet especially in the morning. I could totally go for that pb cupcake right now since it's 9pm though! When Howard and I got it during our April 2012 trip, we ate a little bit of it and then had to bring it back with us in the to go box to eat another time. We had just eaten one of those huge sandwiches from Starring Rolls too, so there was no way we'd be able to fit the cupcake! That thing eats like a meal on its own!

Haha, yeah, I'd LOVE a Disney cupcake right now! I'm not a big breakfast person to begin with, so sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for anything early in the morning, never mind something sweet! Weird! :rotfl2: I always forget that you can get those cupcakes to go, I think whenever I stay in an Epcot resort again, I'm just going to get a week long supply of cupcakes and keep them in my fridge! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm still a relative DISboards newbie. But I found your TR and got all caught up this evening (and totally drained my iPhone battery in the process, lol!)

I am loving the report; thanks!

Yay, welcome! pixiedust: I'm so glad you like the TR, happy you're here! The DIS boards are great! :cool1:

Pluto or Rapunzel?

Saturday, November 10, Part 2

Hi everyone! Can you believe I'm going back to Disney in 26 DAYS!!!! :faint: It just doesn't seem real, I'm getting so anxious! Once I find out more details I'll try to do a little pre-trip update here, since I've barely shared any details with you guys! But my sister seems to be a chronic ADR changer like I am, so I'm still not entirely sure where we're eating or what our plans are! That's fine with me though, it's going to make this trip really exciting! I can't wait! :cool1:

Anyway, I want to try to finish up our morning at DHS, so update time!

We left off with Brandon and I eating our yummy baked goods at Starring Roles. When we finished, we were hoping to get into the next drawing class, since we got shut out of the first one! We walked over to the Animation building and...we found another huge group waiting! What was going on?? :crazy2:

The class was starting in a few minutes, and the CM told us to stay because we would probably get in, so we did. They opened the doors and let everyone in...and finally they told us there were 2 seats left, yay! But guess where they were? Right in the front. We didn't even get to sit at a drawing desk, we sat on this ledge they have right in the front, and they give you a board to draw on in your lap! I was annoyed, because I didn't think I could draw very well like that, but I didn't want to wait until the next class, so whatever, we stayed.

The drawing instructor asked everyone what characters people have drawn before, and we got our choices narrowed down to 2 characters...Rapunzel and Pluto. The instructor made us vote...it was a tough choice for me, becaues I LOVE Rapunzel, but I've been dying to draw one of the Fab Five, so I voted for Pluto, and Pluto won! Brandon was actually one of the 3 people who voted for Rapunzel! Oh well, maybe next time!

It was fun drawing Pluto! I think our drawings came out pretty ok, considering we basically (that's for you Marissa!) had to draw on our laps!

Brandon's Pluto:

IMG_1588.jpg

And mine:

IMG_1587.jpg

I love the drawing class so much, because not only do you get awesome souvenirs to take home with you, but it makes me feel like I have SOME drawing talent! :rotfl:

When we were finished, we stopped in the villains store, where I bought a Vinylmation and got something weird from Disneyland Paris, and then we went to use our Tower of Terror FP's!

P1000315.jpg

Isn't she beautiful? I put this next one on Instagram:

IMG_1583.jpg

When we got to the FP line, we saw tons of people waiting in it! I guess it got pretty busy that day, because we actually had to wait about 15 minutes in that FP line, which was weird, because I don't think we've ever used FP's for ToT and if we have, it never took very long! :confused3 It will be interesting to see how this new FP+ or whatever they're calling the new FP system now will work!

Once we rode ToT again, we decided we should probably go back to POR for a while, so we made our way out of the park.

P1000316.jpg

I love the Christmas decorations there!

P1000319.jpg

We got back to POR and I took pictures of my weird Vinylmation

P1000323.jpg

and my very first Disney pin that I bought, a Christmas Agent P!

P1000326.jpg

Brandon was kind of hungry, so we walked over to the Riverside Mill to see what they had. (Haha, like it was our first time there! And like I don't have the dining app on my phone! :upsidedow)

It is such a beautiful resort, I was really enjoying the walk over there!

P1000328.jpg

P1000329.jpg

P1000331.jpg

When we got there, we went straight to the make your own pasta station! Brandon loved this the first time we went there, so I knew that's what he wanted! :rotfl2: I wasn't really that hungry, but I decided to get my own pasta, since he likes weird stuff in his and I just wanted penne, alfredo sauce and chicken! I forgot to take pictures, but it was REALLY good! Not as good as the chicken alfredo at Pop, but close! :thumbsup2

When we were finished eating, we went back to the room to sleep for a while! I absolutely had to sleep because the Magic Kingdom was open ridiculously late that night...3 AM to be exact! And i was hoping to make it until the very end!!

Up next...an amazing dinner and MK magic hours!!!

You're going back so soon! Lucky!

Both this trip and the one in 2011 I saw lots of people for the drawing class. It seems to be getting very popular now and not so much a hidden gem anymore. I find you either have to arrive 15-20 minutes early, or you will get a pad at the front. Or sometimes nothing at all and will have to wait another 30 minutes. I can see why so many people want to do it though, it's so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter