No one needs to know we are going to Disney again, right? - Update 11/20!

We started this morning at Epcot. Kyle ran to get fast passes for Soarin and I walked around Mouse Gears. I just love these scares!

DSCN0486.jpg

I was very tempted to buy this one…but didn’t.
DSCN0487.jpg

When Kyle found me he was relieved to see that I didn’t spend any money. We decided to head over to Test Track. We hopped in the standby line and realized we were at a stand-still. After waiting 10 minutes we moved maybe 5 feet. Behind us were a group of 12 year old boys who kept jumping on and off the railings. One was eating a baggie of Cherrios and spilling it on the ground. After another 5 minutes and maybe 10 more feet, the boys left the line mentioning something about jumping in the single rider line. About a minute later an announcement was made that something was down. The funny thing was, it wasn’t a very professional announcement. The CM said something like “As you can tell, you aren’t moving.” Very strange. We left through those exit doors that are near the entrance and tried to figure out what next. We ended up going to check out the Sum of all Thrills and quickly realized we would not be doing that. We decided to do that Waste Management thing.

DSCN0490.jpg

Our team name was The Dominators! It was the best I could come up with, I felt pressured to come up with something quick.

DSCN0491-1.jpg

As you can see, our team name fit!

DSCN0492.jpg

It was fun, but I probably wouldn’t do it again unless we had other people with us.

We had a lunch ADR at Coral Reef, but still had sometime to kill. We purchased a couple of snacks and waited.

DSCN0493.jpg

There was a squirrel hanging around the bench that Kyle kept pretending to talk to. The squirrel seriously tried to come at me from the back of the bench and I blamed Kyle for provoking him.

A short while later we decided to head in and check in. The restaurant had just opened and the waiting room was full. We waited patiently but the older couple next to me sure didn’t. They were mad that they were seated immediately. The wife made the husband go to the front desk to see why they weren’t being seated. The host advised they just opened and everyone would be seated shortly. She continued to complain as other people who had checked in after her were seated before they were.

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

After only waiting maybe 10 minutes we were seated (before the older couple). We didn’t get a table in front of the tank. I was disappointed, but didn’t want to bug anyone to get a better table. As soon as we sat down, the couple from the lobby were seated near us, but guess what? The wife complained and they were moved to a table against the tank. Oh well.
My pictures turned out horrible, but here goes.

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

We ordered a couple of cokes and the Appetizer for two - Crab cakes with tropical fruit salad and Tequila Aioli. Crispy fried shrimp with jicama slaw and spiced remoulade and a taste of our creamy Lobster Soup.

DSCN0504.jpg

Very good! Wish it was more soup though.
For my entrée I ordered Seared Rainbow Trout - With warm salad of white beans, Arugula, tomatoes,Crispy bacon, aged Balsamic vinegar and brown butter.

DSCN0507.jpg

Yummy! Is all I can say.

Kyle ordered salmon, but the description on the menu doesn’t match what he got. He said it was just OK.

DSCN0505.jpg

I would go back, but Kyle wasn’t impressed.

It was our fast pass time for Soarin so we headed that way. Even though we had fast passes, we still waited 20 minutes. I cannot lie, I chickened out again. Kyle enjoyed his ride though. One of these days I will ride it. I just really hate heights and the fact that my feet will be dangling, no thanks. At least not at this time.

We headed back to WL for a little bit of rest because we were heading to MK that night.

I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL. :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Too funny!!! :rotfl2:

If possible, 3 days at the parks would be perfect! San Diego has beautiful beaches and fun activities as well (zoo & shamoo)!

I would love to go to Disneyland. I have been trying to think of what else to do in CA to make it a weeks vacation. I figured 2 days at a Disneyland resort would be good and then maybe 3 or 4 night somewhere at a beachy hotel, just don't know CA too well to know where to go. I will check all international calanders before booking a trip to DL. :rotfl:

Too funny!!! :rotfl2:

If possible, 3 days at the parks would be perfect! San Diego has beautiful beaches and fun activities as well (zoo & shamoo)!
[/QUOTE]

I will have to keep San Diego in mind! But, who knows when this trip will happen. Accoding to my husband, this upcoming trip will be the last for quite awhile. :scared1:

Happy Sunday Disers!

This time next week I will be in the "World"! We will be finishing up a late lunch at Sci-Fi.

Now on to day 3 plans.

Tuesday, 11/15

We will start the morning at Epcot. Kyle will be running to get a fast pass for Soarin' I am sure...I will probably chicken out again :rotfl: I will be heading to Test Track since we missed out on it on the last trip. We will then probably go on Mission Space and then head over to Club Cool! We have a 12:05 ADR at Rose and Crown. After lunch we will head out of the park and make a stop at Spaceship Earth. We'll head back to the resort to relax and get ready for the Christmas Party! We will head over there about 4ish, hoping to get in early. This will be our first Christmas Party, so I am not sure what to expect.

Up next - Last installment of the May/June Trip Report

Great update! I always think about trying Coral Reef but I always read horrible reviews, so I've stayed away! It's so pretty inside!

Yay for being in Disney next week! You HAVE to go on Soarin!!! There is nothing scary about it, there's no chance of falling out, you are strapped in! :)

I look forward to pics and details of the Christmas Party!

When does WDW start celebrating Christmas? I would love to make a trip down to see it all.

I look forward to pics and details of the Christmas Party!

When does WDW start celebrating Christmas? I would love to make a trip down to see it all.

I think decorations start right after Halloween, but I don't think the Christmas Party starts until maybe the second week in November.

Only one more day of work before the trip! Hoping for a speedy Friday! So while I was at a doctors appointment on Tuesday, Kyle was at Target and picked up these.

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

Adorable, right? The first one is a salt and pepper shaker and the second is a bowl. I couldn't believe he bought them. He couldn't either...someone's becoming an even more of a Disney fan.

Day 4 plans!

Wednesday Nov. 16

This day will be devoted to Epcot. I really want to spend a lot of time in World Showcase. I plan to visit each country and drag Kyle through all the stores. I am going to wing lunch....which can be bad, but I can't decide where to go. We have a 5:50 ADR at Les Chefs de France. So excited for this! Wishing Remy would be there at that time, but oh well. Epcot closes at 9 so maybe we will actually go to bed early this night :lmao:

Great update! I always think about trying Coral Reef but I always read horrible reviews, so I've stayed away! It's so pretty inside!

Yay for being in Disney next week! You HAVE to go on Soarin!!! There is nothing scary about it, there's no chance of falling out, you are strapped in! :)

I will try my best to go on Soarin. I really think it is the feet dangling free thing...I promise to try. I think you should give Coral Reef a try. The food was not bad, but I would suggest an aquarium view.

Pre warning, this update has few pictures, but I promise on the next TR I will have more timely updates, lots of details and lots of pictures.

We were headed back to the Magic Kingdom for our final night at the park. I was sad, but happy to be at my favorite place. We took the boat over one last time. I didn’t bring my purse with because I really just wanted to get in the park right away. We headed straight for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

DSCN0509.jpg

Me excited, even though there was a line.

It was awesome as always.

We then headed over to Splash Mountain. There was a line and it was not moving.

DSCN0511.jpg

We eventually got through the line and had an impromptu photo shoot.

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

We jumped on the People Mover and headed for Main Street. We stopped in the bakery for this.

DSCN0517-1.jpg

So delish! There was a couple next to us who stared at me while I took the picture. I then saw the guy take a picture of their snack. Another Diser perhaps?

We decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge to start packing. We took the bus back and were back in no time. After we finished packing we were in bed by 11 pm.

The next morning we woke up and grabbed breakfast from Roaring Forks. After breakfast we headed outside and found a table to relax at before our ME pick up time. Kyle was sad.

DSCN0518.jpg

This little guy came over to join us.

DSCN0519.jpg

I put the camera away as we decided to head to the ME pick up. Just as we were getting up a black snack came from some of the landscaping and onto the cement slab about 15 feet away. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but I didn’t want to stick around to figure out whether it was poisonous or not. First time I have ever seen a snake on Disney property, eek!
We headed to the ME pick up spot and I decided to take a couple of more shots of the property.

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

Seriously 3 ME buses came before our pick up bus did. I can’t believe there were so many drop offs. We were now about 15 minutes behind schedule. We ended up getting to the airport with about an hour and a half to spare. There was a family across the aisle from us who were talking about being late. I heard the husband say they had 45 minutes before their flight was said to leave. Talk about cutting it close! The flight was uneventful which was great. When we got home we took my brother out to dinner and called it a night.

Up next - Day 5 plans and TR link!

I absolutely hate leaving Disney, it is soooo depressing! That treat looks very yummy, was it a cinnamon roll? :lovestruc I LOVE Cinnamon Rolls!

I love the pictures of the resort, we stayed at WL in 2005 (holy cromolies, where does the time go)!

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip, I forgot, where are you staying?

Do you actually have to work tomorrow (Veteran's Day)? Well, it will probably help the day go by that much faster.

Sounds like we will be enjoying Disney at the same time! I leave tomorrow morning. I should be packing instead of hanging out on the Dis. But I needed to see me some trip report pics!
Have a great trip!

I know I sent you a FB message but I hope you have a great trip and that we can meet up on Sunday!!! I'm still feeling kinda yucky and was hoping to be better tomorrow to at least check out the AK parade and/or DHS lights but it's looking pretty grim at this point..maybe Sunday!!

Safe travels and happy packing!

I love all the new Target Disney stuff, I have to stop there tomorrow! :rolleyes1

Can you believe I've never been to Main Street Bakery? I mean, I've been in there, but I haven't eaten there, the line is always crazy and Brandon never wants to wait. Maybe on our next trip I'll go by myself and he can go wander around or something! Everything looks so good from there!

Your WL pics are making me so sad right now! :sad1: I want to be there. Now. Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you're going during my favorite week? :rotfl:

:)
I absolutely hate leaving Disney, it is soooo depressing! That treat looks very yummy, was it a cinnamon roll? :lovestruc I LOVE Cinnamon Rolls!

I love the pictures of the resort, we stayed at WL in 2005 (holy cromolies, where does the time go)!

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip, I forgot, where are you staying?

Do you actually have to work tomorrow (Veteran's Day)? Well, it will probably help the day go by that much faster.

It was a cinnamon roll! It is so good! I love WL, wish we could go back this upcoming trip. We are staying at POP this time around. Hoping it is great!

I did have to work today :sad2: The very strange thing is in my job I support Federal Government customers and they had today off. So it was a long slow day.

Sounds like we will be enjoying Disney at the same time! I leave tomorrow morning. I should be packing instead of hanging out on the Dis. But I needed to see me some trip report pics!
Have a great trip!

OH how exciting that you leave tomorrow! Looks like you are staying at French Quarter? I wanted to stay there but they did not have a room available during our full stay. When I checked again later they did have a room, but I opted to stay with POP. Hope you have a great trip!

I know I sent you a FB message but I hope you have a great trip and that we can meet up on Sunday!!! I'm still feeling kinda yucky and was hoping to be better tomorrow to at least check out the AK parade and/or DHS lights but it's looking pretty grim at this point..maybe Sunday!!

Safe travels and happy packing!

Thanks Megan! I got your FB message and I wrote you back :) Hoping you feel better so we can meet up for the lights!

I love all the new Target Disney stuff, I have to stop there tomorrow! :rolleyes1

Can you believe I've never been to Main Street Bakery? I mean, I've been in there, but I haven't eaten there, the line is always crazy and Brandon never wants to wait. Maybe on our next trip I'll go by myself and he can go wander around or something! Everything looks so good from there!

Your WL pics are making me so sad right now! :sad1: I want to be there. Now. Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you're going during my favorite week? :rotfl:

:rotfl: about going to Target. Is Brandon supportive?

The bakery is worth the wait...but I suggest making it to Magic Kingdom for opening and going right there. If you go right away there is usually only a little line. Otherwise go at night. We didn't have a wait that night.

I want to be at WL too! Oh well, all in the name of budget right? Yay for it being your favortie week! Is it light crowds?...I am crossing my fingers.

about going to Target. Is Brandon supportive?

The bakery is worth the wait...but I suggest making it to Magic Kingdom for opening and going right there. If you go right away there is usually only a little line. Otherwise go at night. We didn't have a wait that night.

I want to be at WL too! Oh well, all in the name of budget right? Yay for it being your favortie week! Is it light crowds?...I am crossing my fingers.
__

Haha, I don't know, I haven't mentioned Target yet! We have to go shopping today, so we'll probably end up there anyway, and I'm not gonna go crazy with the Disney stuff, just get one or two things...:rolleyes1

When I went this week in 09, I thought the crowds were lighter than the week we went in 08, which was in mid September. Then when we went last year, they picked up a little, but were still pretty light. I was annoyed last year because I thought everyone was catching on to what a great week it is to go, so I'm curious to see what you think of the crowds this year! I really hope it's not too bad, I'd love to go this week again next year. Have a great trip! :banana:

Hey Dis Friends!

Counting down the hours until my alarm clock goes off...3:15 AM to be exact! I swear, next time I am booking a later flight. I am all packed and all that's left to put in the suitcase is my makeup and the toiletries bag. It seems like only when I go to Disney do I pack a billion items. Anyone else feel the same way?

On day 5 - Thursday 11/17

We will start the morning at Magic Kingdom. I will ride Bg Thunder Mountain Railroad at least 3 times to get my fill. We have a 1:30 ADR at Kona Cafe and will then head back to the resort to pack :eek: We decided to spend the evening at Downtown Disney. Earl of Sandwhich will be on the menu along with a stop at Gharadelli if we aren't to full. The last day is always the sad day, especially knowing that you won't be back for more than a year.

Good night all, I am off to try to get a little sleep. I plan to be at DHS till 11PM tomorrow so I know I need it.

I am so excited for you and so jealous :rotfl: Can't wait to hear all about your first day - you ARE reporting live, right? ;)

I can't wait for pictures and updates!

I hope you are having a blast! Let's see, right now it's noon here in Seattle, so it's 3:00 in WDW! According to the weather channel, you are experiencing 79 degree weather (nice!) and your temps for the next few days are the mid 80's, so jealous! Seeing that you left so early, I'm sure you are already checked in and probably at the park, again, so jealous!!!!;)

Earl of Sandwich is our absolute favorite, we always make sure to have at least one sandwich there on every trip!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter