No one else going (venting)

DISNEYDORK1976

Earning My Ears
I am a new poster BUT have been "stalking" :rolleyes1 for a while. My DH and I are having a VR 6/11/13. It appears as though know one from either of our families is going to go. I am a little upset and a little angry. Both families have known about this for about a year. Thanks for listening.

Oh wow thats a little bit rough :mad:

Is it wrong the first thing I thought was that's more money you have to spend on you and your DH? You can make this occasion extremely intimate and romatic, just for you!

Happy planning, think of it as a blessing rather than a hinderance xxx

I am a new poster BUT have been "stalking" :rolleyes1 for a while. My DH and I are having a VR 6/11/13. It appears as though know one from either of our families is going to go. I am a little upset and a little angry. Both families have known about this for about a year. Thanks for listening.

Two of the most important people will be there, you and your husband. It will be just as special even though there will be no other family or friends there. We are renewing our vows on the July cruise. Only our children and grandchildren will be there.:hourglass

I am sorry. DH and I are in the beginning phases of planning a VR. We are being "selfish" this time and not inviting anyone. We figured the first one was for the family so this one is just for us! It may turn out to be the most romantic thing you have ever done!

I'm so sorry, I can bet that is so frustrating! :hug:

I agree with others that it will just be all that more romantic and intimate. :) Don't dwell, enjoy!

Our renewal is on April 23, 2013 and none of our family members are coming either... Oh well their loss. You can't beat yourself up over it!!!!! You will have a great day with or without them, but I can relate to your frustration

Unless there has been some hugely chaotic event i see all vr's as being just for the couple. I wouldn't plan my life around it or expect people to spend thousands to attend.

I know I am going to get flamed here... But...

Here is the thing...when you plan a destination wedding/event you have to remember that not everyone is as excited as you for making the trip. Make this about you and your DH. That is an expensive trip and could be someone's whole vacation fund. What if they already had plans (even a year in advance)?

An example: DH's cousin is getting married at the end of Sept. Exactly 6 days before our planned trip to WDW. We cannot afford to take two trips so close together. We have been planning our family trip since May of last year. This is our BIG ONE. There is NO WAY I am cancelling this for the wedding. We have had a rough last year and need some family time. And to miss the wedding is saying a LOT because I married into a large Italian family! We will send a nice gift and our well wishes, but feel our family sanity comes first. Does that mean we don't care or wish them the best? Absolutely not. It just means that our lives and plans are important too. I can't sacrifice our plans for theirs. Especially since we had those plans already made.

I can't speak for people who just choose not to come, except to say that we don't always know what is going on in people's lives and/or finances.

I am not trying to be mean or nasty. Just saying use this as an opportunity to make this extra special for you and your DH! How special to focus on just you and him :)

DISNEYDORK1976 said:

Idk, not something I'd want to attend either.. It just doesn't seem like that big a deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter