no one "bit" at our vacation offer!

igitur

Mouseketeer
Can you imagine that?

I booked a 2 BR unit at BCV for a week (Feb 13 - 19) and asked friends and relatives if they'd like to accompany us (no charge for the room) on our vacation. No one is coming (and we're very easy to live with!):p We took my parents last year and they loved it...so this year we offered others the same opportunity.

Guess I should take that as a sign we need "alone" time with our 5 and 6 year olds! :crazy:

I switched our 2 BR to a one BR and put the extra points back in the bank.

Anyone ever have that happen to them?

Ever since we even thought of buying in, I talked to my family and friends about us all using the club to get us all together. And recently, while trying to plan our first trip home, I tried to get folks to actually take me up on the offer, but no takers except Gram.

And I was even able to get a Grand Villa within the 7 month booking window for my first son's 3rd birthday in April! Needless to say, we're gona switch that reservation to a one bedroom (hoping for our home resort BCV). We'll just enjoy the time with Gram. Anyway...

With all that said, I don't think we are the reason nobody wants to go on this "free" vacation. But I guess we probably wouldn't ;) Maybe its just hard to try and get someone else's vacation time and idea of fun to mesh with your own. Not sure, but all this means is...

More time for us as a family. Less chance folks will be taking advantage of us and our membership. Cost savings to buy more points ::yes::

Char

Never offered.

Would have to get a GV and we don't have points for that.

:earsboy:

Hmmmmm.....and they say we're crazy!!!!:crazy: :jester:

I know there must be some boring reason, like work or school or blah, blah, blah...

Enjoy your stay!
Lisa
:sunny:

So far one BIL and family along with Grandpa took us up on our invitation 2 Decembers ago.... And this past trip was friends (ha) and our next trip is with another BIL, who I am starting to think might cancel, but doesnt want to admit it.... but we are still well within canceling range....

Nope... SO far everyone we have invited has said yes, and I think the trend will continue...

Have me, DH, and DD-6, if you ever want to split points.

LOL!

Oh well, enjoy.

Goldi

I may be in the minority, and I know it is quite a splurge of points, but a 2BR for 4 is a wonderful thing! we've done this a couple of times and truly makes you feel like you are living in the lap of luxury. All that room to ourselves after the DSs are in bed. It's wonderful! :)

I offered to take my SIL, BIL, and their 2 kids ages 3 and 6 on our visit next July - a similar offer to yours. Given we fill a 2BR on our own, I reserved a 1BR for them. Even though the room was paid for, they had to say no when they figured the cost to get to WDW and feed the brood for the time there. The free room was less than half of the cost they'd incur.

In the past, we have invited individuals along and I've used frequent flyer miles to pay for airfare and they were part of our group meals, so the out of pocket costs were minimal (tickets, souvenirs, etc.)

Yeah, I think it's just not "doable" at that time for those we asked.

Among those we asked this time around were my cousin, his wife and two little girls but they went ahead and built a wonderful vacation home on Lake Huron in Michigan's thumb area. The good news is...they built it so that everyone including extended family could enjoy it. We've told them in return, we want extended family to enjoy our DVC home so the plan is for them to join us next year!

Pretty good tradeoff in my book....summer vacactions up north and winter vacations in Florida! :cool:

Originally posted by igitur
Can you imagine that?

I booked a 2 BR unit at BCV for a week (Feb 13 - 19) and asked friends and relatives if they'd like to accompany us (no charge for the room) on our vacation. No one is coming (and we're very easy to live with!):p We took my parents last year and they loved it...so this year we offered others the same opportunity.

Guess I should take that as a sign we need "alone" time with our 5 and 6 year olds! :crazy:

I switched our 2 BR to a one BR and put the extra points back in the bank.

Anyone ever have that happen to them?
No, but DH and I would be happy to join you! LOL

It's good that you were able to switch and not have to worry about a holding account.

Have a great vacation! :sunny:

I posted a thread recently on a similar experience. Won't go into all the minute details again, but in a nutshell: My extended family has come to my house for Easter for the last 10 years. This year we offered to host Easter at WDW~ we'd supply room. Youngest brother and cousin have said they won't come.

I was sad (and if I'm being honest, a bit mad) about it at first, but have realized it might be more fun with a smaller group anyway. Food and park tickets DO cost a lot of money, and I need to realize this. For those that aren't disney fanatics, the cost may seem overwhelming.

I hope you have a great trip, anyway!

Originally posted by raewhid
I posted a thread recently on a similar experience. Won't go into all the minute details again, but in a nutshell: My extended family has come to my house for Easter for the last 10 years. This year we offered to host Easter at WDW~ we'd supply room. Youngest brother and cousin have said they won't come.

I was sad (and if I'm being honest, a bit mad) about it at first, but have realized it might be more fun with a smaller group anyway. Food and park tickets DO cost a lot of money, and I need to realize this. For those that aren't disney fanatics, the cost may seem overwhelming.

I hope you have a great trip, anyway!
Good points. Plus, aside from the extensive cost of passes, food, etc. some people could care less where they stay. So they may think that the free room wouldn't be worth all of the other expenses. Some people are content to stay at $29/night hotels/motels.

Also, there are some people out there who never vacation nor could they fathom spending such $$$ on vacationing to the extent of a Disney vacation.

More room for you! :teeth:

Ooh pick me :wave2: .

I have a waiting list of people that want to join us.

We're checking out of a 2BR at BCV on Feb 12. I could be talked into staying another week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter