• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Oct. 1st Events at Epcot for the 30th Anniversary

Yay! This means the park won't be swamped. We will be there that day. We were there for the 25th anniversary and they didn't do anything special that day either, so we're not surprised.

I was wondering why and then just realized that the reason there isn't a celebration for any of the other parks but they do for the MK is that the MK's anniversary is WDW's anniversary. Much bigger event.

From what I understand, on the 25th they did a small ceremony at rope drop and then there was something added to that evenings Illuminations as well. I was hoping for at least something like that. Some of the 30th anniversary merchandise they're releasing specifically says "Oct. 1 2012 - I WAS THERE", you'd think they'd have something to be THERE for besides the merchandise itself.

Oh well. It'll still be a great trip, but I can't lie and say I'm not somewhat disappointed that I won't be able to take part in any anniversary festivites. At least I'll still get to do the Horizons simulator!

I bet there will be a re-dedication or something along those lines- but the big events will be the day before hosted by D23. I'm going to be there for both the 30th and the 1st and I'm really excited. I'm planning on getting there pretty early on the 1st (like maybe by 6 am) to line up to score some of the merchandise, the limited edition pins are what I am most excited for! :yay:

Yay! This means the park won't be swamped. We will be there that day. We were there for the 25th anniversary and they didn't do anything special that day either, so we're not surprised.

I feel the same way. I've had this trip planned forever, and when I made ADRs for Le Cellier for October 1 at 180 days out, it didn't even enter my mind that it would be the 30th anniversary. It's too late to change it, so I have been really worried about the crowds. Hopefully, this will help minimize them.

Bellamouse said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That was a funny reaction to me...

- MouseEarsForAll

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That was a funny reaction to me...

- MouseEarsForAll

LOL! I knew I would probably be in the minority with my feelings, but I hate crowds!!!! Hate, hate, hate them. Got spoiled "back in the day" when October used to mean the parks would be dead empty. Still wish for those days :teeth: but know they're gone for good :( . We avoid the parks like the plague on any day we know for sure will be crowded and cross our fingers on the days we do go that we'll hit the least crowded days...... we had to leave MK last year on a day that was predicted to be a "1" (on the 1 to 10 scale) and it was more like an 8. Awful. So you never really know for sure. We also hit Columbus Day one year (not realizing it) and went to AK and it was a zoo (ha ha). Every kid from Orange County was there and maybe in the entire state of Florida - since they were all out of school! Ever since then I have checked the school schedules there to make sure we don't go when kids are out! But now with so many schools going to "year round" school, kids have these oddly timed fall breaks. So we can't even predict that anymore with any kind of accuracy.... :rolleyes: Oh well.

Thanks for posting this link. As another with an ADR at Le Cellier on October 1st prior to realizing the significance of the date and who hates crowds, this news is met with favor in my household.

Wow I guess I'm the one in the minority! I'm actually pretty disappointed! I hate crowds too but was really hoping there'd be something offered for the anniversary. :sad2:

What is this?! I loved Horizons!

HORIZONS: RESURRECTED/

This guy has been creating a virtual reality simulator of 'Horizons' and is going to have it set-up in one of the garden suites at the Boardwalk during the week of the anniversary. Looking forward to that, at least!

well i guess seeing the real figment is out... was hoping!

either way i will enjoy my 7th wedding anniversary @ le cellier on disneys anniversary :) yay for sharing anniversaries!

Wow I guess I'm the one in the minority! I'm actually pretty disappointed! I hate crowds too but was really hoping there'd be something offered for the anniversary. :sad2:

I'm disappointed too. Didn't they learn from MK 40th that people really do want to commemorate these things?

I didn't even know that was their 30th year- we will be there:) too bad nothing neat will happen:(

I'm disappointed too. Didn't they learn from MK 40th that people really do want to commemorate these things?

Not to speak ill of fellow Disney Fans, but it seemed more like a lot of people wanting to buy special that day only merchandise. ;)

Hey, We'll be there on that day also. I am pretty happy that the crowds won't be so large but SO was hoping there might be just a little something special (I think they should do SOMETHING), even if it's a sticker or a special mug you can buy on that day but since they didn't ask me I'll just be happy it won't be terribly crowded because of the day. Perhaps the F&W thing has something to do with it.

There might be a special button or something to buy. I just found our 25th Anniversary buttons from 2007 today in fact! Forgot we ever even had them. Glad I saved them :D But that's all there was that we can remember.

Oct. 1 will be our first day in Epcot for F & W. Relieved that there won't be anything else adding to the "festivities" and crowds. It will be special because all of us will be there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter